1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just this past one. 2023

Okay so album in 2024 then.

2 minutes ago, pcj said:

So previous posts have highlighted that the band is currently rehearsing new songs for future tour and determining setlist.

Reckless speculation 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pcj said:

The copy signed by the band of course. 🤩

If I could, I would!  Those dang Green Day guys are so far away for us East Coasters.   And South Carolina?  Bands don't come here.  If I want to see a big rock show, I have to drive 2 hours to Charlotte, NC or 3 hours to Atlanta, GA.  

The only bands I can see in my hometown are the washed up one hit wonders of the 90s on nostalgia tours.     It's sad to see a once big-name band playing at a hole in the wall, but it's also kind of cool to have access to them at the same time.  Walk up, shake their hand and chat.    I'd both hate and love that to happen to Green Day, haha!   20 bucks and see them in a half empty bar with 20 other old Millennials.   Have them mention my name from the stage because nobody else bothered to chat them up.     

But back to the signed copy of #Not1972......I can try! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Really hope none of you do research or math proofs for a living. You could jump across the Grand Canyon with the leaps some of you are making.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Really hope none of you do research or math proofs for a living. You could jump across the Grand Canyon with the leaps some of you are making.

If they have faith, they could make the jump.    And I hear that canyon isn't as grand as they say....it's like the moon landing.  Haha! 

1972, where are you. we need some music from you now. 

19 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Reckless speculation 

I'm sorry if you think I'm being reckless, it was not my intention. I was only asking question if it's right to consider they have maybe finished recording, if they are now playing songs with touring band members. Thanks. 

I've withdrawn the statement.

When were the teasers put out?     What months did we get them in?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pcj said:

Timeline Of Events

Feb 28/23 – Chris Lorde-Alge who mixed Nimrod, American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown and Uno/Dos/Tre, has posted two pictures from the studio featuring Green Day in the past couple of days. In the first photo, he can be seen giving Billie Joe a Les Paul guitar for his birthday. In the second photo, Chris is posing with Mike and Tre while Album 14 producer Rob Cavallo sits on the chair in the background.

Jan 10/23 – New info from a close band source: despite the 1972 name teases, album 14 does not have a title yet and they are still “in the middle” of working on the new record.

Aug 16/22 – Green Day post another studio TikTok from the studio featuring Rob Cavallo. In the clip, Cavallo discusses Tre’s drum sound and Billie makes it known he wants to make the song interesting in the same way ‘Letterbomb’ (American Idiot) is interesting.

July 20/22 – Green Day post a new studio TikTok for the second day in a row, this time the clip features a new song snippet. Tre Cool can be heard exclaiming “this new record is gonna be so good…1972 ya’ll!”.

July 19/22 – After a couple of months of silence on album 14 news, Green Day posted a new studio clip with Billie Joe and producer Rob Cavallo that featured the hashtags “#recording #newsong, #newalbum”. The song overlayed on the clip is Criss Cross by the Rolling Stones.

May 27/22 – Billie Joe is quoted in Kerrang Magazine that Green Day are “making a record that’s probably going to come out in 2023”.

May 6/22 – Green Day post new TikTok video from Ocean Way Recordings where they previously worked on American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown.

Apr 14/22 – Green Day confirm Rob Cavallo is back with a TikTok video on their official account showing him getting into a car with the words “Rob Cavallo let’s make some music” on the screen.

Mar 27/22 – Billie Joe posts (and quickly deletes) sixth video tease for album 14. Rumours start to swirl that longtime producer Rob Cavallo may be in the fold for the new album.

Feb 22 & 24/22 – Green Day post the fourth and fifth video teases for album 14.

Jan 22/22 – Green Day post a third video tease for album 14.

Jan 18/22 – In a post on Billie Joe’s Instagram story you can briefly see the contents of his camera roll on the bottom of the screen. One of the images shows “Green Day 1972” written on a white piece of paper.

Jan 7/22 – Green Day release a second video tease for album 14. 

Dec 19/21 – After a long break of no news on the upcoming album, Green Day release a studio tease from RAK Studios in London, England. The tease features a new song clip and seems to hint that the album/EP title will be ‘1972’. 

Oct 24/21 – Social media posts indicate that Billie Joe, Tre Cool and some of the Green Day crew (including longtime engineer Chris Dugan) are visiting London, England.

May 17/21 – The song teased on May 14th was surprised released as a stand-alone single called ‘Pollyanna’. The band says the song was released to celebrate the upcoming Hella Mega Tour.

May 14/21 – A short video clip was uploaded to Green Day’s Instagram account featuring Billie Joe in the studio teasing a new song.

Awesome, thank you!   Trying to put some helpful hints into my contest.   

• Like 1

"Jan 10/23 – New info from a close band source: despite the 1972 name teases, album 14 does not have a title yet and they are still “in the middle” of working on the new record."

This info show up in past January, but was from March/22, when they were in London.

Now I think they already have a name.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, legendary said:

"Jan 10/23 – New info from a close band source: despite the 1972 name teases, album 14 does not have a title yet and they are still “in the middle” of working on the new record."

This info show up in past January, but was from March/22, when they were in London.

Now I think they already have a name.

But what are the chances they stuck with 1972?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The chances are 19 out of 72 that it stays the same.

1972 jokes never get old 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Billie wanted to call their first album 39 after his brother’s 39th birthday that year.  Maybe they’ll call the new album 60 after Rob’s birthday 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Insomniac90 said:

1972 jokes never get old 😂😂😂

Green Day are NOT the Network....oh wait.  

Yeah, you're right.  

I hear the album ends with a cover of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall where the band start with 1,972 bottles of beer and THAT.    That gets old REALLY fast.   

• Haha 1

A countdown to 1972.   I can't let you click the link before telling you......the album already came out on March 17th.   We all completely missed it or something.   I don't know what happened, but gosh poop we missed it.  

https://yourcountdown.to/green-day-1972

• Haha 3

Even though March 17th has come and gone, that site says there are an 'estimated 5 days' until release.    Sunday, March 26th 2023?  

Hmm.   That doesn't seem right.     Let's take into consideration all of what we consider delays and say March 31st, 2023.   

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Billie wanted to call their first album 39 after his brother’s 39th birthday that year.  Maybe they’ll call the new album 60 after Rob’s birthday 

That means now they know someone who is 1,972 years old, Haha! 

Wait....if Billie's brother was 39 in 1990, now he is....72!!!!! 

Hmmm.    I'm really feeling a self-titled vibe this time.    and no, the trilogy wasn't 'sort of' self titled.  :)

I think maybe we'll get an Eminem verse on one song.    Because guess what?    Eminem was on born on October 17th, 1972!   Which is my birthday, but I was -13 back, I'm not 4000 years old like these rappers and rockers. 

Taking the setlist of the Innings Festival 23 as a standing point, I tried to create a realistic setlist which may be performed with the release of the new album. I took some songs out, included unnamed new songs instead and changed a few ones. (I had shared my dream setlist previously which wasn't realistic) This is for fun.

So without a definite song order the new realistic and fun setlist can be as:

-Bohemian Rhapsody/Blitzkrieg Bop

-lntro Theme

1- New Song xx

2- Welcome To Patadise

3- American Idiot

4- Holiday

5- New Song xx

6- Boulevard of Broken Dreams

7- Longview

8- New Song xx

9- All By Myself/Dominated Love Slave

10- Bang Bang (changable with Nice Guys Finish Last at some dates)

11- Hitchin' a Ride

12- Viva La Gloria

13- New Song xx

14- When I Come Around

15- Give Me Novacane/St. Jimmy

16- 21 Guns

17- Going To Pasalacqua (changeable with Paper Lanterns or Armatage Shanks or Stuck With Me at some dates)

18- Minority

19- Knowledge

20- Basket Case

21- She (changable with 2000 Light Years or Burnout or I Was There or Scattered at some dates)

22- Wake Me Up When September Ends

23- Jesus of Suburbia

24- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

So no Know Your Enemy, King For A Day, Brain Stew, Geek Stink Breath or Rock and Roll All Nite but adding 4 new songs and including some old ones by changing them from date to date so the setlist won't be exactly the same for each date.

I just had fun thinking on it and wanted to share.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Taking the setlist of the Innings Festival 23 as a standing point, I tried to create a realistic setlist which may be performed with the release of the new album. I took some songs out, included unnamed new songs instead and changed a few ones. (I had shared my dream setlist previously which wasn't realistic) This is for fun.

So without a definite song order the new realistic and fun setlist can be as:

-Bohemian Rhapsody/Blitzkrieg Bop

-lntro Theme

1- New Song xx

2- Welcome To Patadise

3- American Idiot

4- Holiday

5- New Song xx

6- Boulevard of Broken Dreams

7- Longview

8- New Song xx

9- All By Myself/Dominated Love Slave

10- Bang Bang (changable with Nice Guys Finish Last at some dates)

11- Hitchin' a Ride

12- Viva La Gloria

13- New Song xx

14- When I Come Around

15- Give Me Novacane/St. Jimmy

16- 21 Guns

17- Going To Pasalacqua (changeable with Paper Lanterns or Armatage Shanks or Stuck With Me at some dates)

18- Minority

19- Knowledge

20- Basket Case

21- She (changable with 2000 Light Years or Burnout or I Was There or Scattered at some dates)

22- Wake Me Up When September Ends

23- Jesus of Suburbia

24- Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

So no Know Your Enemy, King For A Day, Brain Stew, Geek Stink Breath or Rock and Roll All Nite but adding 4 new songs and including some old ones by changing them from date to date so the setlist won't be exactly the same for each date.

I just had fun thinking on it and wanted to share.

Nice set list!!! Although if I were to change one thing, I would think that some of the new songs would most likely be played back to back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Love this hehe but I don't think they'll start with a new song unless it's a big hit, which is difficult by their age,,,

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic