1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

It takes a long time to record a  1,972 disc album, guys.   

But that's a bit much.   Maybe they cut it back to 1,972 words.  

35 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hopefully they’re learning and rehearsing the new songs for the next tour but it’s odd otherwise since there are no shows scheduled for months as of now

That’s what I’m thinking they are up to. We had no idea in July of 2016, when Billie shared a pic from rehearsals, that they had tour dates planned for September. I guess what I’m trying to get at is when things start moving they start moving pretty quickly. They could have other dates easily planned for this summer and I feel like they could wait to announce them until the end of April or early May if they wanted to. I think that’s around the time when Blink 182 announced the California tour in 2016 and it started in July.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Cunt said:

That’s what I’m thinking they are up to. We had no idea in July of 2016, when Billie shared a pic from rehearsals, that they had tour dates planned for September. I guess what I’m trying to get at is when things start moving they start moving pretty quickly. They could have other dates easily planned for this summer and I feel like they could wait to announce them until the end of April or early May if they wanted to. I think that’s around the time when Blink 182 announced the California tour in 2016 and it started in July.

I hope so. It’s only the last tour that they sold tickets a year or more out but that was unusual. I suppose there’s still time to announce a tour in April and start shows in June

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I hope so. It’s only the last tour that they sold tickets a year or more out but that was unusual. I suppose there’s still time to announce a tour in April and start shows in June

I hope so too. Who knows though. Everything really has been unusual the last 3-4 years. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hopefully they’re learning and rehearsing the new songs for the next tour but it’s odd otherwise since there are no shows scheduled for months as of now

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Hopefully they're planning some secret shows soon!!! Keep an eye out on your emails!!!!

• Like 2

Worst case scenario: here comes the shock really is on the next album

Wouldn't mind pollyanna to much tho

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hella Maga tickets were sold much more in advance because they had larger venues I think. It takes more time to sell 40,000 tickets than 15,000. And I think it's likely that a Green Day tour for the new album will be played and smaller venues than Hella Mega.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, legendary said:

The guys went to 2 days in a row at Bourbon Room and no one asked about new album :cry:

Probably no hardcore fans like us there :lol:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

We get results, dammit!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Hardcore fans used to be better 🤣

• Like 1

I've been out of the loop for a good long while, 334 pages is very much TLDR: - are we any closer to an announcement of some kind? Hits of tour dates/secret shows?

I've visiting NYC from the UK in a month and had a dream the other night i stumbled across a secret Green Day show in some dive bar 😂

1 hour ago, JasonofSuburbia said:

I've been out of the loop for a good long while, 334 pages is very much TLDR: - are we any closer to an announcement of some kind? Hits of tour dates/secret shows?

I've visiting NYC from the UK in a month and had a dream the other night i stumbled across a secret Green Day show in some dive bar 😂

Sadly no. Tre had a leg brace not too long ago, though.

Otherwise a few festival announcements for this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radiation Fear said:

Sadly no. Tre had a leg brace not too long ago, though.

Otherwise a few festival announcements for this year.

Although there has been some recent activity. CLA posting some studio photos with Rob Cavallo and the guys and another one with some Oakland Coffee, which some of us here think might've been gifted to him as a thank you for mixing the record! And the other night, Billie, Kevin Preston, Jason White, and Rob Cavallo attended a Led Zeppelin tribute band concert in Hollywood. Could they perhaps have been in the area to go to their practice studio to rehearse the new album's songs?

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Although there has been some recent activity. CLA posting some studio photos with Rob Cavallo and the guys and another one with some Oakland Coffee, which some of us here think might've been gifted to him as a thank you for mixing the record! And the other night, Billie, Kevin Preston, Jason White, and Rob Cavallo attended a Led Zeppelin tribute band concert in Hollywood. Could they perhaps have been in the area to go to their practice studio to rehearse the new album's songs?

I thought so, but that was before we knew it was Rob’s birthday party, so that may have been why

• Like 3

If they were just in LA to celebrate Robs birthday then we’re fucked gang. Which it’s starting to look like that’s the case. See you all in 2024

• Confused 1

And one more thing I forgot to mention, Hans Blooey Ribbon recently posted on Instagram @Hansblooey, a picture of a concert rig and tagged it #GreenDay2024 #GreenDay2023. So maybe a US Tour later this year and world tour next year?

• Like 1

At Innings Festival Billie said " We're gonna break up... but we'll be back together next year" and I think it's pretty specific announcement 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I am definitely planning a YouTube livestream where everyone will get one guess for the release date of the next green day album.   

Whoever gets the closest to the actual release date will get a free copy of the cd once it's released.    

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I am definitely planning a YouTube livestream where everyone will get one guess for the release date of the next green day album.   

Whoever gets the closest to the actual release date will get a free copy of the cd once it's released.    

The copy signed by the band of course. 🤩

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JellyTime said:

At Innings Festival Billie said " We're gonna break up... but we'll be back together next year" and I think it's pretty specific announcement 

Was this at Innings 2022 or 2023?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Was this at Innings 2022 or 2023?

Just this past one. 2023

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic