1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

The world may be burning, everything is a mess. What is greenday.fm, fandom, and even GD official website missing out on, failing miserably.  The up to date important issues concerning GD. Only GDC is in touch with it's fans, knows what they need to know, and always has the answer. And again tonight I can sleep well, knowing what coloured socks Billie Joe had worn, maybe what is he wearing now, and what he could be wearing next.

@Sanity Loan are you there? How's your sanity. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, pcj said:

Thanks for clarifying, I've either assumed or misunderstood. Just to be totally sure, Billie Joe did not specifically say the word 2023?

He did say 2023 but he said (sorry, I don’t remember which) possibly or probably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

I’ve taken out a loan on it for the redemption of my soul.

Did you also break your fingers and lie through your teeth?  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Did you also break your fingers and lie through your teeth?  

I am exempt from this tragedy that is the 1972 project speculation thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Throw me a frickin’ bone here, Green Day

Throw me a frickin record

• Like 4

9 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Throw me a frickin’ bone here, Green Day

The bone is lazy.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squinty bitch said:

Random person online: *claims to be An Insider*

Literally everyone who follows this thread:

IMG-20230318-185909.jpg

Yeah, but there have been times in these threads where people claimed to have talked to Billie, like @TJChrobo for example, and he proved it with photos!!!

• Like 2

On 3/13/2023 at 9:55 PM, Sanity Loan said:

What makes you think that? The band not saying anything recently about the album really isn't an indication of anything. I love your enthusiasm but I just don't want you to get your hopes up and then get disappointed when they release a 30 minute, 10 song "album" full of "let's party and celebrate rock and roll" songs.

If I may contradict you though, the teases we've had so far give no indication of your point of view. Granted each one is just a few seconds of mainly instrumentals.

I still reckon it's gonna be the next level up from the three musketeers, AI, 21st C, and Rev Rad. Get ready to have your ears blasted. 

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 9:00 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

Really if they are just putting the finishing touches on it now we’re realistically looking at 5-6 months for marketing, packaging, manufacturing and promotional planning/booking so yeah that puts us in August/September 

I'm with @pacejunkie punk this is spot on and it's a benchmark to work with. Even if March does not work out, a positive view of an April announcement would realise the popular view of an October release.

On 3/4/2023 at 9:07 PM, GDFan2019 said:

I could've sworn we somehow found out here a few months ago that they were already booking venues for their next tour

Sorry I'm confused. Wouldn't they have to have finished recording before arranging the album's tour, considering what's involved form the above list? You wouldn't want to rearrange dates if there's an unscheduled delay to the album release maybe?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pcj said:

I'm with @pacejunkie punk this is spot on and it's a benchmark to work with. Even if March does not work out, a positive view of an April announcement would realise the popular view of an October release.

Sorry I'm confused. Wouldn't they have to have finished recording before arranging the album's tour, considering what's involved form the above list? You wouldn't want to rearrange dates if there's an unscheduled delay to the album release maybe?

And hopefully that means we’d get a summer single.

And I’m sure they have the release date already set in stone. They’re just waiting for the right time to announce it

• Like 3

Ukulele solo anyone?

Rapper guests?

And a release date within the next 9 months????

• Haha 1

I would like to see the guys having fun in a music video.  Not playing instruments or singing.  Just Billie, Mike and Tre drinking Oakland Brand Coffee.   Sitting on a crane.  Dancing with Billie Eilish.    Dressing as cowboys.  Going to an elegant Ball.    Go cart racing.  Ziplining. 

That would be a great video.  

23 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can’t post pictures here but there are a bunch of posts going around IG and Facebook from a show last night in Hollywood (a Led Zeppelin tribute band) and from different posts and photos it looks like Billie, Kevin, Jason W and Rob Cavallo were there. So if they’re all hanging out I just wonder if they’re in LA for work reasons

Mike and Tré weren’t there?

26 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Mike and Tré weren’t there?

No photos of them at least but that’s not really the point. They could have been in LA together for work and then a bunch of them went out that night. Jason doesn’t live in LA for example so just interesting they are all there.

• Like 3

On 3/17/2023 at 1:27 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

In toronto? Or were you on a trip?

At the facility on East 12th St

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic