1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

It's unlikely but definitely possible. If that is the case either the album is A. being highly considered or B. In development hell

Development hell could be likely seeing as how it allegedly started off as a 6 song EP and morphed into a full album, they would have to be writing the album as they're recording it so they might be going back and making changes as things progress. Or maybe they just want to spend time with their loved ones and take a break before going into a full album cycle again 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Development hell could be likely seeing as how it allegedly started off as a 6 song EP and morphed into a full album, they would have to be writing the album as they're recording it so they might be going back and making changes as things progress. Or maybe they just want to spend time with their loved ones and take a break before going into a full album cycle again 

In ¡CUATRO! Billie was talking about having unfinished songs in the studio during the Nimrod sessions and he said he would never come into the studio with an unfinished song ever again

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gnash said:

It may also be worth remembering that, unless I’ve missed something, there’s never actually been anything even close to official confirmation that they were working on an EP - if I remember correctly this entire rumour stemmed from Billie telling someone they’d recorded 6 songs. Any suggestion that those 6 songs were meant to be the full extent of their project is pure speculation and seemed unlikely to me from the beginning.

It's possible that they stopped at 6 in London since Mike apparently didn't make that trip and recorded remotely. So they regrouped in LA so he could join them. Then they went back to London and Mike was somehow able to be there. Was it ever actually confirmed that Mike didn't make the first London trip? Because he's clearly seen at the end of the first teaser

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Harry said:

Surely we've covered absolutely every single topic that it's possible to cover in this thread now, right?

Hahahaha, we haven’t even started  on Billie’s hair, that topic alone can run for pages 😂😂😂

9 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I swear to God the only thing that gives me hope now is BJA saying that the album is coming in 2023 last year. I fear plans may have changed :(

I don’t want to burst your bubble, and I feel like I keep saying this but he said either possibly or probably this year.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jengd said:

I don’t want to burst your bubble, and I feel like I keep saying this but he said either possibly or probably this year.

But he said it in the first half of 2022 so the implication was probably 2023 as opposed to 2022 (not 2024)

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

It's possible that they stopped at 6 in London since Mike apparently didn't make that trip and recorded remotely. So they regrouped in LA so he could join them. Then they went back to London and Mike was somehow able to be there. Was it ever actually confirmed that Mike didn't make the first London trip? Because he's clearly seen at the end of the first teaser

The entire time Tre, Sara, Bill and others were posting from London, Mike and Britt were posting photos from Austin, Texas

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Big Neil said:

I hope they add some Trilogy to the set lists. Such a waste of great songs not playing them live.

X-Kid.   They could go take a breather while the music video plays on stage. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

Not necessarily. What kind of socks do you think they’ll wear on their next tour?

I am going to write Billie Joe and DEMAND he bring back the 2007 denim look.   When they were doing all the awesome cover songs, THAT was peak Green Day.  Polka scarves and all.

1972 isn't happening.  It's gone the way of Dongs for A-Holes and Coffee and Repent. 

Sorry, I got off topic. I think Billie will either do Red or white socks.  Tre cool will do black or wacky and Mike Dirnt doesn't wear socks because he's too hard-core.

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But he said it in the first half of 2022 so the implication was probably 2023 as opposed to 2022 (not 2024)

That’s just been our assumption though.

• Thanks 1

I ran into Billie Joe randomly the other day. We spoke for about 2 mins about the new album so I didnt get a lot of information or details or atleast as much as I’d wanted to get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheenius said:

I ran into Billie Joe randomly the other day. We spoke for about 2 mins about the new album so I didnt get a lot of information or details or atleast as much as I’d wanted to get.

In toronto? Or were you on a trip?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheenius said:

What did he say? Did you at least get a crumb of notable info?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheenius said:

I ran into Billie Joe randomly the other day. 

Pics or it didn’t happen

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jengd said:

That’s just been our assumption though.

Thanks for clarifying, I've either assumed or misunderstood. Just to be totally sure, Billie Joe did not specifically say the word 2023?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheenius said:

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

In toronto? Or were you on a trip?

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

What did he say? Did you at least get a crumb of notable info?

35 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

Pics or it didn’t happen

Yes. Please clarify. Where and when? Did you get any crumbs or is this all just a joke?

19 hours ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

Not necessarily. What kind of socks do you think they’ll wear on their next tour?

I mean Billie's gotta bring back the red and black striped socks, right?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I mean Billie's gotta bring back the red and black striped socks, right?

He doesn't have to, no.

and maybe his wife doesn't like the red and black striped socks.   Maybe she threw them out.  

Along with all his Halloween mask.  

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

He doesn't have to, no.

and maybe his wife doesn't like the red and black striped socks.   Maybe she threw them out.  

Along with all his Halloween mask.  

How could she?! Those seemed like his favorite pair!! Maybe she got him new socks? What colors we thinking? Purple and black would be fab.

• Like 1

I might run a contest over on YouTube.    Whoever guesses the correct release date of Green Day's next album will get a free cd of the album.   Once they get it, they can blend it up, drink it, snort it.   Whatever freaky stuff they wanna do.  

You guys want in?    :)

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic