1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

15 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Like all the other festivals like Inning? 😂

We will see i suppose :ga:

• Like 1

Seems weird to use that logo on the poster. Guessing it's a placeholder.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Major Kusanagi said:

Louder than life festival 

September 2023 

Maybe a sign 🤔  

A sign that they’re playing nothing but festivals and greatest hit setlists from here on out?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

A sign that they’re playing nothing but festivals and greatest hit setlists from here on out?

I’m thinking they do their own 2024 tour by reading the tea leaves and we get a more standard GD experience. BUT if they release a new album that’s well received I’m sure they’ll weave it into festival setlists

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So far, it looks like they're not playing this year's Sea Hear Now in Atlantic City, NJ. Perhaps a scheduling conflict with a tour date?

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

So far, it looks like they're not playing this year's Sea Hear Now in Atlantic City, NJ. Perhaps a scheduling conflicts with a tour date?

They played last year…

is there a new album coming or is this another side project which i wouldn't mind lets be real

• Like 2

Metallica bought their own vinyl pressing plant

https://consequence.net/2023/03/metallica-vinyl-pressing-plant/

I honestly had this idea myself with regards to Green Day when it seems every release has had a huge manufacturing delay. Why don’t they just press their own vinyl? Then Metallica went ahead and did it for that very reason

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

So far, it looks like they're not playing this year's Sea Hear Now in Atlantic City, NJ. Perhaps a scheduling conflict with a tour date?

What reasoning would they have to play it? Is it a requirement?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

What reasoning would they have to play it? Is it a requirement?

What Billie said at the end of the show kind of implied they would be performing there again. "It's gonna be a long time until next summer!!!"

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Or they weren’t asked to play.

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What Billie said at the end of the show kind of implied they would be performing there again. "It's gonna be a long time until next summer!!!"

I can’t stress this enough: “gonna be a long time until the weather is warm again”.

That’s all it meant, bro.

• Like 4

How much money does Green Day make from one show?

Is it split evenly three ways?

Man, the setlist staleness has me bummed, even with such energetic shows.  At this point, merely adding Stray Heart or Oh Love would be such a massive upheaval of society on Earth, I'd freak out!!! 

So many bops from the last 5 albums and no performances.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Man, the setlist staleness has me bummed, even with such energetic shows.  At this point, merely adding Stray Heart or Oh Love would be such a massive upheaval of society on Earth, I'd freak out!!! 

I suppose it depends on venue, and number of fans attending. There's also costs to venue promoter etc, I assume.

Found my ticket for Milton Keynes 2005, £28.50. From memory prices varied over two nights and where you are within MK bowl, guessing though. 

So 60,000 fans there abouts for each night, x 2 nights x average price = £3.4 million? I think, is that right?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, pcj said:

I suppose it depends on venue, and number of fans attending. There's also costs to venue promoter etc, I assume.

Found my ticket for Milton Keynes 2005, £28.50. From memory prices varied over two nights and where you are within MK bowl, guessing though. 

So 60,000 fans there abouts for each night, x 2 nights x average price = £3.4 million? I think, is that right?

Ufff, what a price 😍

• Like 2

15 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Metallica bought their own vinyl pressing plant

https://consequence.net/2023/03/metallica-vinyl-pressing-plant/

I honestly had this idea myself with regards to Green Day when it seems every release has had a huge manufacturing delay. Why don’t they just press their own vinyl? Then Metallica went ahead and did it for that very reason

I think they don't wanna deal with that level of logistics to do that. Besides Green Day doesn't sell the volume that Metallica does, so they aren't in the hurry to make any vinyl.

If someone in the band was like Lars who has the vision to make the band a huge business probably we would see that long time ago, and all those things that come with it (Boxsets, live shows in audio/video of every show, an active YouTube channel).

What we got: a coffee company :lol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

According to billboard, Green Day grossed about 182 Million Dollars from touring in their career. That's an interesting article about Hella Mega:

https://www.billboard.com/pro/green-day-fall-out-boy-weezer-hella-mega-tour-boxscore-earnings/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Harry said:

Surely we've covered absolutely every single topic that it's possible to cover in this thread now, right?

Never count us out.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Surely we've covered absolutely every single topic that it's possible to cover in this thread now, right?

When it comes actual real theories and ideas to what is going on with the album? Yeah I'm positive we have covered every base. But wild speculation is fun

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can’t bear the thought that we could be doing this another six months without a word from the band other than the occasional festival announcement.

I swear to God the only thing that gives me hope now is BJA saying that the album is coming in 2023 last year. I fear plans may have changed :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I swear to God the only thing that gives me hope now is BJA saying that the album is coming in 2023 last year. I fear plans may have changed :(

I keep thinking there’s absolutely no possible way a project that started in 2021 could be delayed all the way to 2024

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I keep thinking there’s absolutely no possible way a project that started in 2021 could be delayed all the way to 2024

It's unlikely but definitely possible. If that is the case either the album is A. being highly considered or B. In development hell

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic