1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

43 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I have always believed that about the Trilogy.  The promotion was INSANE before I heart.   Green Day were on every TV show, talk show.  They were performing everywhere and there was going to be at least 3 singles from each album.  Music videos.    The records would have been spread apart instead of rush released.  

It's all about promotion.  If Dookie had come out and there was no single, no video and no shows....Dookie would have flopped. 

That is exactly what happened with Dos and Tre.   Even with an established name behind them, no promotion equals low sales.  

Even if they are bad, which they aren't....bad records top the charts all the time.  Good or bad doesn't really go into the equation of success.  

1972 needs a good promo.   A HUGE lead single, like Blink-182's Edging.   It will start the hype train.   Heck, an acoustic single with strings wouldn't hurt either.

There.  I have added some substance to this sickly thread.  

I speculated.  About 1972.

Can I ask what is the most likely way the album's release will be announced? I'm trying to remember what happened with previous releases.

Will it be officially through GD website, or does it vary? Thanks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pcj said:

Can I ask what is the most likely way the album's release will be announced? I'm trying to remember what happened with previous releases.

It should be posted to all their socials and the official website will be updated and emails out to the subscribers 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, pcj said:

Across all social media of the band, followed by coverage from other online articles.   Not sure where the very first announcement will be, because once it's out, it's all over the place.

#not1972

Could be called anything!   I think it will be self titled, which kind of ties into "1972", which references the band.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Across all social media of the band, followed by coverage from other online articles.   Not sure where the very first announcement will be, because once it's out, it's all over the place.

#not1972

Could be called anything!   I think it will be self titled, which kind of ties into "1972", which references the band.

Yea, I'm with you on this one. 1972 was originally movie project, so not related to album. Many bands start out with self-titled album. GD always had title on their albums. Maybe just 'Green Day' as title of new album would be cool. And with cover having photo of band playing live would be special.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alf said:

The trilogy was being well received, and I share the same opinion, iHeart fucked it all up.

For Dookie, the thing that make it that big was Woodstock, before that the band was slowly growing, both on sales and public. After that, shit gone crazy

Also, sales where restricted with Lookout records from an indie label maybe? If I understand right, Kerplunk was the biggest selling record at that time for an indie label. A major label was the only option. Plus MTV plugging Dookie almost non stop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

True. I was so scared because after they announced his rehab it was really silent about him or the band. I was „lucky“ when Adie posted a photo of him during the process a few days later. He looked really bad but smiled (with thumbs up I think?). Like she wanted to tell us everything‘s gonna be fine. I think „Still breathing“ described very good how serious his situation was. I hope he knows whatever the new album sounds like we will love them no matter what and he and the rest of the band doing fine. They released so many great records it would never change my love for Green Day even if they release bad music for the rest of their career. Plus they still put on a fantastic show which is more important to me 

I thought Adrienne posted the first pic of him sitting on a settee with a phone and banana skin beside him.  Do you have the one you mention?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

I thought Adrienne posted the first pic of him sitting on a settee with a phone and banana skin beside him.  Do you have the one you mention?

I think they're talking about the one of him in smiling in bed after the hospital stay in Italy, not after rehab.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, killjoywhatsername said:

Sounds like a European and probably a licensing thing. CDs, torrents, cassettes, and YouTube  exist and it is a forgettable song so   I’m not too worried. 

It depends... if you like quality sound, Youtube is not a good source.

5 hours ago, Insomniac1984 said:

It depends... if you like quality sound, Youtube is not a good source.

You are right. The quality of a song can vary. I prefer AnyUTube site for downloading MP3 and MP4 from Youtube to computer or mobile phone. You can choose the quality level depending on what's available. From 240, up to 720, and 1080, plus HD and HQ. And now 1440 2k and 2160 4k. For audio add k after number and for video add p. There's a facility to change language and add subtitles. Love it. 

Louder than life festival 

September 2023 

Maybe a sign 🤔  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Major Kusanagi said:

Louder than life festival 

September 2023 

Maybe a sign 🤔  

Like all the other festivals like Inning? 😂

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic