1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

43 minutes ago, Doggins said:

I just saw the new album is on Spotify!

For the first time in 26 years of Fandom, I hate everything about it.  It's truly unlistenable noise.  Police sirens and handicapping are sadly the HIGHLIGHTS of this abysmal sickness of a record.   It sounds like Max Creeps, but worse somehow.

And that one song that's made entirely of farts?

Vending Machine Tar Paper is the only decent song and again, the best part is the Police siren.

Did Billie actually try to make it sound like what he described in This Is 40?

Jingletown Blues is soooo boring. 

Yuzu Mandarin sounds like a dying com....

Just kidding. I couldn't find it.

I'm on a Cold and Gorillaz kicks.

• Like 1

Maybe the album will feature a lot of inappropriate images on the cover. 

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just do that for six more months

Do you think we'll have a single in time for the summer?

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you think we'll have a single in time for the summer?

I sure hope so

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I sure hope so

Yeah me too!! Because I mean, really, if everything is done and ready to go, how much longer are they just going to sit on it?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Really if they are just putting the finishing touches on it now we’re realistically looking at 5-6 months for marketing, packaging, manufacturing and promotional planning/booking so yeah that puts us in August/September 

I could've sworn we somehow found out here a few months ago that they were already booking venues for their next tour

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I could've sworn we somehow found out here a few months ago that they were already booking venues for their next tour

We did, but the stuff the label has to do once the band delivers an album is separate from booking a tour. They have to design and make the packaging, get the merch and album manufactured and book promotional appearances, ads, interviews, photoshoots, etc. That takes six months. 

• Thanks 1

I just hit 1372 subscribers on YouTube, so maybe the stars are aligning for 1972 for come out in the next 12 months or so. 

features, features, features.     That's what this record needs.   

Rappers pretending to be rock stars from the 1970s.   

and Jonathan Davis of Korn making weird noises.

Kanye West on Letterbomb Part 4.

Scooter Ward of Cold on Nightlife 3.

But some new blood too, ya know?   Some Drugchurch, granson, maybe some Oliver Tree.  

References to the past since it's 1972.  

Also, I am extremely annoyed with Godsmack and Gorillaz for different reasons. 

Godsmack are saying that new music doesn't matter and they just want to go out and rotate their "30+ Hits" in their later years.  I appreciate then transparency but gosh dang, man. The art doesn't matter?  Only pleasing live crowds matter, and not the sad music lover in their room? 

Bummer. 

And my reason for being mad at Damon Albarn is petty on my part.  Discriminatory even, and I am working on it.  He said he grew up rich and never had to work hard for anything in life, and that's not his fault, but gosh dang it makes me like his music less. 

Interesting.   Anywho, here's a 1972 tracklist.

1. This is for you, @$$hol3

2. Coffee Repentence

3. Murder City Rise

4. *eye rolls*

5. Weezer

6. Old

7. Dookie Songs

8.1972 Maniacs

9. David and David 

10. David's Overalls 

11. What She Really Meant

12. Jesus

10 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

You mean you don’t like incoherent, rambling nonsense?

The main reason I can't wait for new album to come out (beside new music from my favorite band) is that I won't have to scroll through irrelevant spam ADHD bullshit in here every single day anymore. After 325 pages it's really not funny anymore, just generally annoying and exhausting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mato said:

The main reason I can't wait for new album to come out (beside new music from my favorite band) is that I won't have to scroll through irrelevant spam ADHD bullshit in here every single day anymore. After 325 pages it's really not funny anymore, just generally annoying and exhausting.

Especially the countless "The album comes out next Friday" posts LOL!!! 😆 In the lead up to FOAM, it seemed like we got a new 4Chan leak every week, but this time around, even the 4Chan leakers are silent!!! Like WTF?!?!?!?

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Especially the countless "The album comes out next Friday" posts LOL!!! 😆 In the lead up to FOAM, it seemed like we got a new 4Chan leak every week, but this time around, even the 4Chan leakers are silent!!! Like WTF?!?!?!?

That’s probably another indication that we are many months away from anything

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

None of those leaks were accurate though.

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic