1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Okay back on topic: are the "regular" mixes and the Dolby Atmos mixes done in the same sessions? If not, maybe they  are mixing now the Dolby Atmos mix.

I don't think that CLA just mixed an EP last year, the pictures already showed his Dolby Atmos setup (which he uses since February/March 2022) and were posted after most of the studio videos.

• Like 1

I have been less than impressed with Atmos mixes for rock music. It just doesn’t work.

• Like 1

How many cuss words? 

I'm thinking it will be right in the middle of Green Day's fowl language meter. 

Not Uno levels high or warning level low.

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

How many cuss words? 

I'm thinking it will be right in the middle of Green Day's fowl language meter. 

Not Uno levels high or warning level low.

The opening song will start with the line "Everything's  so fucking shit, and I for one am sick of it"
There'll be no other swearing at all 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I have been less than impressed with Atmos mixes for rock music. It just doesn’t work.

I mean, I don't even have the setup to properly hear Atmos mixes but it looks like there is a market for it, although I'm sure that most of the listeners listen on headphones and not on a 7.2.1. system. Nevertheless, hopefully the Atmos mix of American Idiot by CLA will be released one day.

3 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

The opening song will start with the line "Everything's  so fucking shit, and I for one am sick of it"
There'll be no other swearing at all 

Pretty brave of them to open the album with a sequel to part 3 of Jesus of Suburbia, but it works.

Glad they changed the title from Jimmy Crack Corn and I Don't Care to I Don't Care 72.

And then the 2nd track is the big ballad and then an Idiot style song and then the all new, all different insanity where we can't even recognize any part of the band as Green Day.  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, squinty bitch said:

Right I have to say something here cuz this comes up pretty often and it's infuriating: Just because Brit posts some nutty conspiracy crap, doesn't mean it's acceptable or even necessary to come on here and talk shit about her at every opportunity. Cut it out. Y'all don't know Brit, or 80 and Sara, or Billie and Mike. Y'all don't know what anyone in the GD world thinks, feels, or gets up to in their spare time. So stop coming on here and posting your own dumb conspiracies about the personal lives of random women who just happen to be married to the members of Green Day, as if it has anything to do with the band, the album, or this thread. It's honestly embarrassing, it's exhausting to read, and it's nobody's business anyway. Just stop.

As for the actual topic at hand cuz I'm confused and struggling to keep track with so much bullshit clogging up the thread - has anything actually happened recently other than the pics with CLA, and do we know for certain what they're doing with him? Or is everything still pretty much in the dark?

The timing of CLA's posts seems kind of suspicious, because now we're in the month of March, so maybe something's happening this month?

37 minutes ago, squinty bitch said:

Right I have to say something here cuz this comes up pretty often and it's infuriating: Just because Brit posts some nutty conspiracy crap, doesn't mean it's acceptable or even necessary to come on here and talk shit about her at every opportunity. Cut it out. Y'all don't know Brit, or 80 and Sara, or Billie and Mike. Y'all don't know what anyone in the GD world thinks, feels, or gets up to in their spare time. So stop coming on here and posting your own dumb conspiracies about the personal lives of random women who just happen to be married to the members of Green Day, as if it has anything to do with the band, the album, or this thread. It's honestly embarrassing, it's exhausting to read, and it's nobody's business anyway. Just stop.

As for the actual topic at hand cuz I'm confused and struggling to keep track with so much bullshit clogging up the thread - has anything actually happened recently other than the pics with CLA, and do we know for certain what they're doing with him? Or is everything still pretty much in the dark?

Goddamnit you are so right. Some of the shit I read on here, speculation / conspiracy. You’d be forgiven for thinking most of the people on here are 12 years old and on the school playground.

• Like 1

On 2/28/2023 at 8:51 AM, pcj said:

21st CB has 18 tracks, 1 hour 18 mins. That will do nicely.

There is no time limit on greatness

• Like 4

Anyone else think, due to how successful it was on Father of All…, the new album could be Billie singing in falsetto exclusively?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Lots of big announcements in Rock today.   Matchbox Twenty, Staind and Shinedown all have new music on the way.   Metallica just dropped a third single from the upcoming album.  

Green Day, don't miss the boat!  I see Aaron Lewis running across the beach spewing hate speech and Rob Thomas waxing poetic about birds.    Brent's being all gargoyley up on the roof, probably meeting Jillie Bow Legweak for a duet about enemies or something.  

6 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Lots of big announcements in Rock today.   Matchbox Twenty, Staind and Shinedown all have new music on the way.   Metallica just dropped a third single from the upcoming album.  

Green Day, don't miss the boat!  I see Aaron Lewis running across the beach spewing hate speech and Rob Thomas waxing poetic about birds.    Brent's being all gargoyley up on the roof, probably meeting Jillie Bow Legweak for a duet about enemies or something.  

Instead of releasing an album, Green Day decided to break up and reform in 2024

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Anyone else think, due to how successful it was on Father of All…, the new album could be Billie singing in falsetto exclusively?

Billie actually had quite a lot of falsetto or falsetto-like vocals on 21CB. He wasn't singing entire verses in falsetto or anything but it would pop up every now and then, even on some of the faster tracks like Murder City or East Jesus Nowhere and it sounded nice whenever it came up on the album

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Instead of releasing an album, Green Day decided to break up and reform in 2024

I like the idea of them saying that at every show.   Sort of a commentary on farewell tours.    It would be funny if they said they all hate each other now, but then go out as the Foxboro Hot Tubs around the same time, haha!  

I bet those Network guys would break up at the same time as Green Day just to further the speculation of them being Green Day.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

The timing of CLA's posts seems kind of suspicious, because now we're in the month of March, so maybe something's happening this month?

Maybe, just maybe… people post pictures with their friends sometimes.

1 hour ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

Maybe, just maybe… people post pictures with their friends sometimes.

Whoa hold up, logical thoughts are not allowed in this thread 😅

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Billie actually had quite a lot of falsetto or falsetto-like vocals on 21CB. He wasn't singing entire verses in falsetto or anything but it would pop up every now and then, even on some of the faster tracks like Murder City or East Jesus Nowhere and it sounded nice whenever it came up on the album

he didn't use falsetto in murder city

4 minutes ago, Macys said:

he didn't use falsetto in murder city

Yes he did, in the lyric, "We are the last call and we're so pathetic!!!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yes he did, in the lyric, "We are the last call and we're so pathetic!!!"

ahh yeah

• Like 2

I will leak the track list now cause I know everyone will agree anyway: