1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Jokes aside, what are the chances we actually get a double album?

17.54% as of 5 minutes ago.

I would say it's much lower than that.  Double albums are rare.  But Green Day have always been prolific, even when on a tight schedule, and it seems they have had a lot of freedom in that regard this time.

They don't want to repeat a Trilogy, so even if they ended up with 80 amaze-balls songs, they know they need to wittle. 

They almost always have enough written or demoed to do a double header, but it's just a matter of flow and quality, both of which get more difficult to refine with more material.

If Billie and Mike really aren't getting along, it could fuel greatness. 

Billie could write a song called "Nobody Likes You" and just agree with all that was said on Homecoming, 😄   in-band diss tracks, baby! 

And then Mike and Tre join in, doing band therapy again and making an album about playing basketball with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck in cartoon form and battling the server verse with Michael Jordan. 

What's bigger than a hexology?

This thread, because we're in hell.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, That Dude said:

17.54% as of 5 minutes ago.

I would say it's much lower than that.  Double albums are rare.  But Green Day have always been prolific, even when on a tight schedule, and it seems they have had a lot of freedom in that regard this time.

They don't want to repeat a Trilogy, so even if they ended up with 80 amaze-balls songs, they know they need to wittle. 

They almost always have enough written or demoed to do a double header, but it's just a matter of flow and quality, both of which get more difficult to refine with more material.

If Billie and Mike really aren't getting along, it could fuel greatness. 

Billie could write a song called "Nobody Likes You" and just agree with all that was said on Homecoming, 😄   in-band diss tracks, baby! 

And then Mike and Tre join in, doing band therapy again and making an album about playing basketball with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck in cartoon form and battling the server verse with Michael Jordan. 

What's bigger than a hexology?

This thread, because we're in hell.

21st CB has 18 tracks, 1 hour 18 mins. That will do nicely.

Request mods/admin to close/delete this thread until further announcement from the band.

We are getting nowhere.. i come here like every hour hoping for a good news just to hear dreadful rumours like tensions between Billie and Mike. I am so fking done.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Greendaycommunity tries not to over analyze something challenge (impossible)

Now, I think that @Redundantuserjinxboy probably has insider knowledge and is onto something here. 

The word "impossible" is separated in parentheses, which likely means it's important. If you take the word impossible, and count where each letter in the alphabet, you get 9+13+16+15+19+19+9+2+12+5, this equals 110. 

This could mean two things, either the new album is 110 minutes (just under 2 hours), which confirms the rumours of a double album 

OR

If we divide the supposed album name, 1972/110, we get 17.92

'What's special about 17.92?' I hear @That Dudeask.

Well "The American rock band Green Day has released 13 studio albums and 4 live albums", which is the 17 part, and '92 is the first year in the 90s that the band didn't release an album. This leads me to believe, that 1972 will be a culmination of the bands previous albums AND be seen as a gap between Kerplunk and Dookie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

This is what happens when we don't get a teaser in so long! People turn to drama.

I think one of the best things about having an old friend is that you can go without talking or seeing that person (sometimes completely accidentally) and then give them a call out of the blue one day as if nothing happened. These are married people with families, I don't know why there's any expectation that they'd see each other all of the time outside of work.

Quick reminder that Mike played the Halloween Coverups show. And that the band aren't super active on social media in general so not running into a post of that particular combination isn't exactly a longshot (hehe get it) - also the fact that it's always seemed like (at least since AI) when recording parts it tends to be Billie and Tre playing together to start with and then Mike records later, as seen in HLAHG etc. I think that's just the way the band locks in best for recording so it's not a surprise that in studio photos it's more common to see Billie and Tre together than anything else; and often Billie alone as he is usually acting as a producer just as much as Rob is.

Anyway - I'm thinking if they're back in mixing it's safe to say they had something done but then wrote extra material, decided to change some things etc. and now they're back having recorded all of that to finally review CLA's mix of the album. Meaning it's basically done, probably some final touches of automation and printing of the mixes on CLA's part and then mastering! Which really shouldn't take more than a week or two imo. Of course we still don't know whether they'll sit on a finished record until 2024, but this gives me some hope that we are indeed getting the record this year, probably autumn or something considering the state of vinyl production etc. That could mean a Spring single 🤔

I’m thinking that when we first saw CLA, he was mixing the EP we originally speculated about. Now he’s back, so he’s probably mixing the full album!!!

• Like 3

So Green Day are making the soundtrack to Face-off (reboot) where Mike Dirnt trades faces with Putin and it's up to Green Day and the Network to team up and stop him before he destroys the universe. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, That Dude said:

So Green Day are making the soundtrack to Face-off (reboot) where Mike Dirnt trades faces with Putin and it's up to Green Day and the Network to team up and stop him before he destroys the universe. 

I'm sorry I'm going to piss you off here and start up a hornets nest again.

How can GD and The Network team up when they are obviously the same band with the same band members. 😝

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, pcj said:

How can GD and The Network team up when they are obviously the same band with the same band members. 😝

CGI.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcj said:

Green Day officially has 3 members, The Network has.. 5? 6? I think we can make that work

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcj said:

Blasphemy. 

• Like 3

That's just a conspiracy theory. There is no proof that Green Day and The Network share the same members. It's like Green Day fans version of Q Anon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pcj said:

The running joke used to be that Green Day were NOT the Network and now the joke is that they ARE the Network.

Neither is true and neither makes any sense, but also does and isn't.  They can fake being together or fake being apart.   Or really fake doing fake real stuff that's real or really fake. 

And besides, Van Gough has a time traveling car.  So even if they were Green Day and the Big Three or Green Day and Devo, they could still do stuff together. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Miko said:

People should stop speculating about their personal lives. They've been friends for like 40 years at this point. They didn't talk for months after iHeartRadio 2012. This is nothing new that they're not appearing on same pictures together. Green Day wont continue on if either leaves, that's for sure.

Jesus christ this thread already has 320 pages? What the fuck? Has there been any news on possible release date or albums status?

The only reason Billie and Mike aren't seen together as much socially is because of Mike's crazy wife. The other wives want nothing to do with her either. Other than that, I think Mike and Billie are just fine. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

The only reason Billie and Mike aren't seen together as much socially is because of Mike's crazy wife. The other wives want nothing to do with her either. Other than that, I think Mike and Billie are just fine. 

The wives told you that personally?

• Like 3

Just now, DookieLukie said:

The wives told you that personally?

One can conclude it from the many pictures of Adie and Sara together at events, including Green Day performances. No Brit in any of them for awhile now. They used to always post the 3 of them. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

So one can speculate, not conclude.

There are no pics of Brit with anyone related to the band for about 2 years now, after the 3 wives consistently posted pics together at almost every GD event. And during the Hella Mega tour, Mike and Brit posted pictures completely separate from everyone else. Brit has also admitted on her IG account that she's lost lots of friends because of her views. It's pretty clear what's going on here. And Mike is in the middle because he loves his wife and his band mates. 

And yes I know, no speculation about personal lives and all that. But I think this is an important dynamic in the band currently as far as why Mike often seems to be the odd man out. I don't think he's any less devoted to Green Day though. 

• Like 4

Jesus Christ who gives a fuck? Can we just leave Britt alone for god sakes? 

• Like 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic