1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I’m happy with a 2024 release date. I’ve seen GD live so many times already so I’m in a much different place than in previous eras.

Give me the real follow up to 21cb in a return to form album and follow it up with a tour that’s fresh. I haven’t seen new songs impact the setlist for almost 10 years now. 

I really don’t think we’ll be waiting that long. In this TikTok from November, they wrote in the caption, “WTF, what a year it’s been, seeing you all at festivals, in between working recording our record in London and LA”!!!

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRnsGSCY/

The gift to CLA they're taking about is that he got to be the guy who mixed American Idiot Part II 😉

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

I’ve learned with GD and more specifically with BJA over the years is that they get excited and vocalize stuff impulsively.

I take what they say with a grain of salt. I’m personally tired of albums dropping just to say we dropped an album. It worked for the trilogy as something different that was unique to that era but it feels like we’ve been stuck in this bad dream for far too long.

I want them to push out quality this time. The excuse is gone, they’ve fulfilled the record label deal and theyre onto whatever is next. Make it worth something and dont rush and waste our time. 

I dont want to see a tour date here in 2023 where they play Pop Disaster tour post AI version setlist. I want a show that is unique to an era. 21cb leg 1 is a perfect example of that experience. At the time I didn’t appreciate it in full but as I look back it was absolutely a great setlist. Even when they came back a year later the setlist changed but was still as rich.

if you offered a show in 2023 with the recycled setlist and script or a 2025 show that pushed their show into a new direction I’m going to take 2025 every day of the week.

Plus there was that Kerrang magazine interview where Billie says the album would most likely be out in 2023

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Please don't be called American idiot part 2, please don't be called American idiot part 2....

Oh no, this album is trilogy: the sequel 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Ah yes, The Hexology. Coming to a streaming platform near you.

Hexology confirmed.   I'm go make videos about it, and ton of rambling, incoherent tracklists. 

The band could have the tagline "LET THE CRINGE BEGIN"  or "SEASON OF THE CRINGE!"  

1. Sha.....

not here though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Verycool99 said:

Oh no, this album is trilogy: the sequel 

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Ah yes, The Hexology. Coming to a streaming platform near you.

17 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Hexology confirmed.   I'm go make videos about it, and ton of rambling, incoherent tracklists. 

The band could have the tagline "LET THE CRINGE BEGIN"  or "SEASON OF THE CRINGE!"  

1. Sha.....

not here though.

Jokes aside, what are the chances we actually get a double album?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

Whenever we get this album, I just really want a fresh setlist. Hell even just change up the order and swap out 2 songs if that's all they're willing to do. Looking at the last setlist and seeing the exact same thing as the past 2 years was disheartening. I don't expect a 21CB epic setlist that changes every single night anymore (but that would be incredible to have again) but something like the RevRad setlist would be nice.

I'm surprised they didn't play Pollyanna

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I'm surprised they didn't play Pollyanna

So glad! That song is such a disappointment. I hope the new album sounds nothing like that. Pollyanna is not a great song.

Pollyanna and HCTS were shit for Green Day level but at least it was something new. Grateful HCTS wasn’t on the boring repetitive set lists. Glad HCTS never was played. Holy Toledo was great. Too bad Pollyanna was on the setlist instead.

Hopefully Pollyanna isn’t an indication of the direction of the new album. I’m glad they dropped it. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Maddie86 said:

Chris lord alge posted a pic of him with Mike and tre and he said it's from today, so hopefully they're putting the final touches on the mix right now!

I guess that means when we first saw CLA, maybe they were mixing the EP? And now they’re mixing the full album?

22 minutes ago, Big Neil said:

So glad! That song is such a disappointment. I hope the new album sounds nothing like that. Pollyanna is not a great song.

Pollyanna and HCTS were shit for Green Day level but at least it was something new. Grateful HCTS wasn’t on the boring repetitive set lists. Glad HCTS never was played. Holy Toledo was great. Too bad Pollyanna was on the setlist instead.

Hopefully Pollyanna isn’t an indication of the direction of the new album. I’m glad they dropped it. 

Pollyanna was written as a hope for the future in a post pandemic world, but now, the pandemic is pretty much old news, so it makes sense to drop it.

• Like 1

I am kind of worried about the relationship between Billie and Mike. On all the pictures of Green Day (either private or in the studio) we never saw Billie and Mike together since the last Oakland Coffee pictures. We see Mike and Tré, we see Billie and Tré, we see Billie and CLA, we see CLA with Tré and Mike, but for a long time, we didn't see Billie and Mike together (beside on stage last weekend) 🤔

• Like 1

What would the overall timeline look like if they're at the mixing step? Is it mastering after this?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, okotavio said:

What would the overall timeline look like if they're at the mixing step? Is it mastering after this?

Yes. That's why I think it's really interesting why they are still mixing with CLA, although he was already mixing the album almost one year ago.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I am kind of worried about the relationship between Billie and Mike. On all the pictures of Green Day (either private or in the studio) we never saw Billie and Mike together since the last Oakland Coffee pictures. We see Mike and Tré, we see Billie and Tré, we see Billie and CLA, we see CLA with Tré and Mike, but for a long time, we didn't see Billie and Mike together (beside on stage last weekend) 🤔

I believe he will be the first to step out of the band if that were to happen. I know there we're some discussion about his wife also being outside of the "wife's group" at some point. We have seen less of him the last years, but it doesn't have to mean anyting. They all live different lives but still comes together at the stage and in studio.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThranaM said:

I believe he will be the first to step out of the band if that were to happen. I know there we're some discussion about his wife also being outside of the "wife's group" at some point. We have seen less of him the last years, but it doesn't have to mean anyting. They all live different lives but still comes together at the stage and in studio.

Plus I read an interview with Patrick Stump last week where he said they (Green Day) hang out together even after the shows and day offs like a big family which he dont know about other bands

• Like 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic