1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I hope that Green Day do something inventive, like paying us to listen to the record rather than us paying to listen.   😄 

Also, I know we've gotten joke songs from Tre, but I would like a joke song from Billie.   And it should be called Jillie Bow Legweak.

12 or 13 tracks.

Blue cover.

And I want at least two big hits and five singles.

3 hours ago, ThranaM said:

No doubt, they have a lot of recordings that will never be released.

Why on earth they didn't release a live performance from the Revolution Radio era is still a mystery to me as this is maybe Green Day at their very best. 

That would have been amazing.

If the band want to do something really special for 1972 and for the fans, then when touring performing the new album, make a kind of BIAB2, the full set list including encore, no cuts. Now that would be so awesome, so cool, orgasmic even. 🤪

• Like 1

Guys I have been a fan of this wonderful band since 2006 but i have never been to their concerts.  I had two tickets for the show in finland but it was canceled due to corona. I really want to see them live. Does anyone know when they will come to Europe now and how to buy tickets? Thanks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Is it out yet?

It’s been out since 1972, you just need to know where to find it 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DanagedGoods said:

It’s been out since 1972, you just need to know where to find it 

Tell me where to find it without telling me to find it.  The mods will get us.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

50% of this thread is randomly guessing release date

Only 50%?

• Like 2

Anybody here going to the festival tomorrow? I know there definitely won't be any new songs, obviously, but I'd like to know if Billie at least drops some hints on what's to come, and if he still wears his 1972 vest!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

50% of this thread is randomly guessing release date

Precisely. At this point it’s all we can do. Sooner or later someone is bound to get it right lol

June 30th, 2023.  

Green Day will mock both the Tubbies and Network by wearing a combo of their clothes and masks. 

They may even make outrageous claims that they are indeed both of those bands even though that is not possible.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:00 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I just scheduled surgery on the 17th. Billie's birthday and a surprise album drop sure would bring me good vibes and help me feel better ❤️

Been thinking about you. I hope surgery was a success, and you are recovering ok. Take care of yourself.

• Like 2

Over on Green Day Idiotposting, there is a post saying the new album is out "this weekend".

So....that's either today or tomorrow....

I hope GDC wasn't the source, lol. 

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic