1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I can't view it is it green day related

I think this is what is being referred to - it's in Butch Walker's Instagram story 

3e9ca11da6b123fd70f6bb316121caa1da7aa249

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if a hint or something will be dropped tonight. It seems whenever we get restless it happens. That was so exciting the other day with the pic Billie Joe posted and then the Comeasur731 stuff back and forth with Billie and Tré and the funny Mike face with zoom in.

What was going on in the pic with Billie, Mike and Tré? Was there anything of a hint or clue or was it just a fun pic?

Hoping for more fun posts from the band this weekend!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

I wonder if a hint or something will be dropped tonight.

Not til the 2nd.

We got a mini hint a few days ago. The pattern is repeating itself. Major hint (London studio video.) Minor hint (new years cutie anime art #1972 post.) Major hint (video of BJA playing guitar which was another #1972 hint.) And the most recent (another cutie anime #1972 art post.)

• Like 3

The last story from Butch where he mentioned @reverb - that is definitely not Tre‘s drum kit!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DC77 said:

So I just had an almost impossible hypothetical- so we get a 6 song album, but the final one's a half-hour long medley JoS style which cuts up all the famous unused and unreleased songs (Olivia, Oh Girl, You Can't Fool Me etc etc) in one long, expansive B-side, with thick guitars and it ends with the opening riff to 1,000 hours, then studio hiss for another 40 seconds before Billie stops the recording. 

(Idk I just caught myself thinking of unrealistic scenarios, do you like the idea tho?)

I think you are on to something.

add a new version of The Saints Are Coming featuring Corey Taylor and this would be perfect.

Follow this up with an EP called 1000 Tres which is combo of those albums, but we actually get two drummers or more on each track.  Al is back beside Tre Cool and Mongo Fink sits in when Al or Tre are singing lead. 

No Mike lead vocals, but his backing vocals are turned up to equal Bikkie Hoe.  I mean Billy Joe.

2 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Is it unrealistic? Yes.

Do I like the way you think? Yes.

Do I like the way you think how localinsomniac thinks? Yes.

• Like 1

That was fun. Just throwing out a casual guess: the next whatever thing will be on 2/2 🤔

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic