1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I wouldn't mind Jason coming back to record at all. I think the guitar work on the trilogy was good, the guitar solos were great by Green Day standards. Idk how much that had to do with Jason (idk if he just played guitar or if he wrote any of the guitar for the albums) but at the least I assume it would've taken some of the pressure or burden off Billie to write/record all the guitar parts of the trilogy

Did you already forget my beautifully detailed post about what Jason plays on what song in Trilogy?? Goddammit!

Alsoalso, yes yes and yes for Green Day expanding. Hell, why only Jason White, bring other live guys in too! Suddenly Green Day has like 7 members and every song is atleast 15min long due to giving everyone a chance to write something to this song (see: Homecoming)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Miko said:

Did you already forget my beautifully detailed post about what Jason plays on what song in Trilogy?? Goddammit!

Alsoalso, yes yes and yes for Green Day expanding. Hell, why only Jason White, bring other live guys in too! Suddenly Green Day has like 7 members and every song is atleast 15min long due to giving everyone a chance to write something to this song (see: Homecoming)

I remember that post. But well it doesn't say whether Jason wrote those guitar parts or just played them

I'd be perfectly fine with Billie taking a step back and letting the others have a bigger role. As much as I love modern Green Day, since American Idiot it seems it's been mainly Billie that's had the biggest role in the albums whereas before all 3 of the guys had a very significant role in the albums. And that was fine with most of these albums but I think Billie's sort of running out of things to say that he hasn't already said. I of course still want him to be very involved, but the other guys too

• Like 4

Pink Floyd abandoned the project that would have involved them making an album with household items.

Green Day should record an album as Pink Floyd and actually record it with no instruments.

I'm calling it.

Household Objects - The Emerald Spine

Lyrics are exclusively about Mountain Dew.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Pink Floyd abandoned the project that would have involved them making an album with household items.

Green Day should record an album as Pink Floyd and actually record it with no instruments.

I'm calling it.

Household Objects - The Emerald Spine

Lyrics are exclusively about Mountain Dew.

Not sure about no instruments LOL, but for some reason I feel like Billie could write a really compelling song about Mountain Dew. 🤣

5 hours ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Not sure about no instruments LOL, but for some reason I feel like Billie could write a really compelling song about Mountain Dew. 🤣

Baja Blast, Code Red or the blue one. 

Those are the punk rock flavors.   

22 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Baja Blast, Code Red or the blue one. 

Those are the punk rock flavors.   

You're not wrong. I want all of those to be songs now LOL. Also I just realized I have actually never drank Mountain Dew in my entire life and have no clue what it tastes like LOL. I guess I should rectify this.

On 12/9/2021 at 9:43 AM, DC77 said:

Todd apparently has a few unreleased songs gagged by green day so maybe there's a hint there, BJ didn't say it was a studio album, could be a great-sounding collection of unreleased very early songs. just a thought :)

One that I’ve heard is pretty forgettable. Fun, but forgettable.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Surprised 2

This sounds more promising than anything they’ve released in a long time. I’m stoked!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Something is definitely going on, and it looks hella promising. I’m really excited. 

Edited by Juliajk
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, ollhjr said:

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?

I’m a little shocked right now, so I’m just gonna drop an emoji and go with that “😍

• Like 1

Yes finally!!! But honestly, does Green Day still want to sell records? January and February are probably the worst months to sell albums so why are they doing it now? 🙄

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Yes finally!!! But honestly, does Green Day still want to sell records? January and February are probably the worst months to sell albums so why are they doing it now? 🙄

Because they are not the worst months to release music, quite the opposite. 

19 minutes ago, Flashback said:

sell albums

Do what now?  Is that relevant anymore?

4 hours ago, mao said:

I wonder if Mike was there too 🤔

He’s in the clip at the end. Could have been pieced in of course.

4 hours ago, mao said:

I wonder if Mike was there too 🤔

He’s in the clip at the end. Could have been pieced in of course.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Because they are not the worst months to release music, quite the opposite. 

At least where I am 🤔

28 minutes ago, jengd said:

Do what now?  Is that relevant anymore?

What do you mean? 😅

6 minutes ago, Flashback said:

At least where I am 🤔

What do you mean? 😅

Might be wrong, but I think for a band that is not really the hip thing on the market atm, that is pretty good time window to get some media and public attention. 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Might be wrong, but I think for a band that is not really the hip thing on the market atm, that is pretty good time window to get some media and public attention. 

Good point, that makes sense actually 😅

1972 as a title makes sense. They're turning 50 next year. A round number. A good way to look back upon their career and set a seal somewhow.

Or maybe should Iower my expectation as it's gonna be just a birthday song to be released on 17 February.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

At least where I am 🤔

What do you mean? 😅

Are record sales relevant at all anymore is what I mean, sorry for not being clearer.

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic