1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Just now, Sanity Loan said:

I saw what you originally wrote :)

Had a momentary lapse of excitement, GDFan would be proud

• Haha 2

If we're still off topic on AI created songs, I'd like Green Day doing a cover of Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl.   Imagine all the guys in Green Day chanting about B A N A N A S.   

And so I don't get banned, um......1972 is one day closer than it was yesterday guys.    The excitement is really starting to...um....yeah.    

5 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

I prefer black hair Billie.. Revard era style was the best for me imo..

The more grey you get the harder it is to cover with dark dyes. It also starts looking faker as your skin ages. I’ll always love past Billie with the black hair but going forward this is a better look for him (unless he wants to go all grey)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Khaleesi. said:

I dunno, I get that we’re all excited and stuff but maybe we can tone down the spamming a bit in here? Some people may actually want to come here for info :lol: 

I second that. Obvioulsy That Dude liked your post, too LOL. 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nflsbest26 said:

IHeartRadio festival just announced their lineup for September. Green day performed there last time they promoted FOAM. Fingers crossed they get added to the lineup in the upcoming months? 

https://www.iheart.com/content/2023-06-06-2023-iheartradio-music-festival-lineup-revealed/

I swear I thought I heard an iHeart commercial on the radio a few months ago where they mentioned Green Day!!!

5 hours ago, Tomcat20 said:

I second that. Obvioulsy That Dude liked your post, too LOL. 😂

I don't see any mention of 1972 speculation in your post.   Please only speculate unwildly in this thread and even more unwildly over on the greenday.fm.    Us Green Day fans are a civilized, tuxedo wearing bunch, haha. 

Still hopeful for an October 2023 release date, but February 2024 is fine.   It's the 2025 talk that makes me lose my faith to my lost naivety.   I'll actually turn 40 in 2025 and that is insane.   Back when Awesome As F*** came out and I was so excited for the one new song on it, my first wife wondered "will you still be like this when you're 40?"     I think we all know the answer to that.      Green Day dork for life.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I don't see any mention of 1972 speculation in your post.   Please only speculate unwildly in this thread and even more unwildly over on the greenday.fm.    Us Green Day fans are a civilized, tuxedo wearing bunch, haha. 

Still hopeful for an October 2023 release date, but February 2024 is fine.   It's the 2025 talk that makes me lose my faith to my lost naivety.   I'll actually turn 40 in 2025 and that is insane.   Back when Awesome As F*** came out and I was so excited for the one new song on it, my first wife wondered "will you still be like this when you're 40?"     I think we all know the answer to that.      Green Day dork for life.  

Real talk. We should all aspire to be like you

Edit for some more substance: I think it would be pretty neat if the six songs recorded in London turned out to be covers of hits from the year 1972.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Real talk. We should all aspire to be like you

Edit for some more substance: I think it would be pretty neat if the six songs recorded in London turned out to be covers of hits from the year 1972.

That would be nice but this song from the first teaser doesn't sound like a cover.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

That would be nice but this song from the first teaser doesn't sound like a cover.

Gonna be honest, I forgot there were teasers from RAK. Ah well, it was fun to think about for an hour

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Gonna be honest, I forgot there were teasers from RAK. Ah well, it was fun to think about for an hour

Maybe they are reimagined covers.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 8:09 PM, That Dude said:

Hearing that Longshot and other projects were rejected Green Day albums makes me sad.  Maybe it's normal, but it gives me the impression things aren't good between the band.    Maybe Billie and possibly all three of them should do real solo albums.   And on those, they can be completely free and weird or free and honest.   I dunno, maybe Green Day Inc. Is still weird and honest.  Unclear.

They run a pretty tight ship so it's always weird to hear about stuff like that. It's a bummer they cant just release MORE music, even if it's The Network/Foxboro Hot Tubs-esque projects or EPs or whatever. They're obviously active and making plenty of music.

• Like 1

Ooh, are they back in the studio/still in the studio….feels like deja but but exciting at same time!

• Like 3

Wonder if he's preparing the first single. Maybe radio edits like censoring and cutting the song down to 3 minutes?

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Description please? Don’t have IG.

It's a pic of his studio desktop with a guitar pick stuck in the keyboard that says, "JUST DIRNT IT"

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Description please? Don’t have IG.

8 minutes ago, Mato said:

Can us mortals without social media see it too?

ec62ad20d3b81c61511d8009bbed76650bd53b1e

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wonder if he's preparing the first single. Maybe radio edits like censoring and cutting the song down to 3 minutes?

It's a pic of his studio desktop with a guitar pick stuck in the keyboard that says, "JUST DIRNT IT"

As much as I wanted to, I don’t see it happening in the near future. Album is being released on 2024 so more likely the earliest we could get a single is on October/November.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic