stop instigating us Matt 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

FIGHT!

For your right!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

For your right!

To party...at the end of the world.  FOAM Part 2. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomcat20 said:

Green Day will be in the focus of summer.

Of A summer.

For an album that’s supposedly coming out next year, it’s shocking to see the mods stirring up hype with subtle hints so soon, rather than just random fake “insiders”!!! 

• Like 2

Hopefully it's not called "saviors of the american dream", that sounds like an election campaign for Donald Trump.

But "saviors" on its own sounds cool, I like the direction.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Again, where is our band?!  Why aren't they communicating with us at all?  🥺

If a band has almost disappeared from social media and doesn't seem interested in engaging with their fans anymore, it may be time for fans to ask themselves some questions.
It's pretty clear what's going on. If a band member's child or spouse is being repeatedly bullied/cancelled and subjected to insults by those who claim to be fans (which unfortunately still happens, even on forums like this), it's no wonder the band might want to back off and put some space between themselves and their fans and things might never go back to the way they were (for example, I don't think Billie will ever come back to Instagram).

Anyway, getting back on topic, I hope these new insiders give us some solid news soon. It's not fun reading hints without knowing what they mean.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

What do you mean with cancellation?

If its because one of his kids then I totally understand. The only one I know is Brittney. Most of us disagree with her opinions and views and I know some fans are crazy and go in her comments but she and Mike are still active. Billie Joe were active but never really into Social Media. I know some fans were stalking on social media Jakob just to see Billie Joe. I mean yeah, I would do anything to see them outside of a show and say hi and talk to them but it‘s a difference to see them walking down the streets on tour and say hi. When this happens the band seems really cool and speak to the fans what I hear through some people who met them

I will never understand why some people think that they get "cancelled" just because they can't attract as much people with their opinion as they want to.

But back to topic. Everyone is quite active on social media beside Billie and the official Green Day account. And that's nothing new.

Saviors
American Dream
All Day
Stop this s**t
You

it feels like one of those fake tracklists that get leaked and we think is so bad to be true but turns out to be :P

I never thought Bang Bang would be a Green Day title when I first saw it

15 minutes ago, okotavio said:

Saviors
American Dream
All Day
Stop this s**t
You

it feels like one of those fake tracklists that get leaked and we think is so bad to be true but turns out to be :P

I never thought Bang Bang would be a Green Day title when I first saw it

At first I thought „Bang Bang“ was not for gun shots. But after hearing the song it fits perfect tbh. Funny when you know the title and it ended up being good as a title 😂

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

To be fair there is a telephone game going on here. Jason is referring to what @Little Boy Named Booze wrote here, which is based on a random post on Reddit that has been deleted. Which if I have to guess was posted  by someone using their imagination based on the discussion going on this board. Which based on @Alf reaction is not what they heard in the first place. 
I think what Alf and other people heard is accurate, but is not what was posted on Reddit. 

Seconded. Jason also said "Not to discount their sources but as for the album title, I’m told there still isn’t one confirmed yet. We will have to wait and see I guess".

EDIT: only Saviors was confirmed. The walking dead reference, just like American Dream seem more to take the piss, so a lot of what I write below, unfortunately does not apply any longer. Hey ho, maximum we'll have to wait now probably is less than a year 😎

Spoiler

So, without knowing what else might have been revealed to @Alf

or @Sanity Loan I think the original leak is definitely real and what it may relate to is possible song titles, but more likely a more general theme to the album. And if we look at the buzzwords Saviors and American Dream, I don't think it's unfair to make a mental connection to a (political) concept album.

I mean sure, Green Day already made two full fledged concept albums, but the last one was 15 years ago now. And both concept albums were immensely popular. So, I don't think it's a stretch to say that (possibly even unbeknownst to our insiders) this may be a hint at a concept album. 

This hint would perhaps make sense with the longer timelane also. I mean, it might have been intended to shut us up, because if we get confirmation or strong hints that the guys are working on something really big, related to American Idiot in some way or at least along the lines of another concept album, then that might foster understanding of how 1) it is taking them longer to complete and 2) timing of a release is important, seeing that next year is the 20 year anniversary of American Idiot, 15 year anniversary of 21CB and 30 year anniversary of Dookie. 

A bit of a dangerous strategy though, admittedly, because the first thing it did was make us think something was going to be released soon haha.

@Alf and @Sanity Loan  gently nod your virtual head if any of what I wrote *could* be true :lol:

Another rock opera is going to be compared with AI and Breakdown and I hate to be that guy but... I wouldn't say that's the best strategy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

Another rock opera is going to be compared with AI and Breakdown and I hate to be that guy but... I wouldn't say that's the best strategy

As much as I think that's what it could be and that's kinda what I want it to be, your statement is still...

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alf said:

Despite Saviors, all the rest of the song list os wrong.

American Dream and Stop This Shit were jokes to see how far the info posted here would go.

The other you must have read too much on our posts

Hmm, so only Saviors then? Well, then I'd have to revise my statement and say there is not much one can read into just Saviors sadly, not even with the Walking Dead reference you provided. I've made the corresponding adjustments/edits to my original post. But I'm sure it'll all make sense once the album comes out. Most credible sources still indicate Early 2024 as most likely, which seems ions away, but as everyone knows it won't be, time flies 😎

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic