1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I was thinking that I was 29 when they first teased this album and I'll be 32 by the time they release it. Yes, green day 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I remember Billie saying something similar to "This is (some of) the best work we've ever done" referring to 21CB, the trilogy and RevRad. Whatever you think of those albums, it's clear that he says this kind of stuff basically all the time. Maybe he did believe that each of those albums were amongst the best of their material at that time but it doesn't necessarily mean anything. I don't recall him ever saying anything like that regarding FOAMF but I feel like if he was asked, he would probably have said something similar, whether he believes that FOAMF is a great album or not. He's not gonna say "Eh. You know. It's OKAY. Not the best". That's not going to excite people much for a new album cycle. I wouldn't think too much about other people involved with the album necessarily saying the same thing either.

• Like 4

Just because it's taking a long time doesn't mean they're SPENT a long time on it.   Could be one person holding up the other two. Is Dirnt getting his revenge for the pre-Idiot sessions, which spawned "Nobody Likes You"?  Or is he in the studio drinking 10 cups of coffee, watching my YouTube channel since Spike is gone now and fuming about Bill and Frank again?  20 years and these idiots can't make it to work on time!!!! Aaaaaaaagh

Maybe it's a good, personal reason or maybe the other guys are just not pressuring whoever it is.

Just some speculation. I think even if there is a delay, the guys are putting the effort in.  

• Like 2

You guys ever think about Billie feeling like both a cello and a toothache? I thought about it just now.   1972 is coming, guys.  

• Haha 2
  • Surprised 1

3 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

They haven't put this much time into an album since 21CB,

We don't really know how much effort is being put into this album. Let's not over hype it. I'm not tryna be a Debbie downer but thia album could easily be in development hell

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Arthur_Rhuan said:

i don't know, but something in this project tells me that this is something special, or at least the entire staff think that way. the team behind (Rob, CLA), they're taking their time with this. like polishing a diamond. the trilogy suffer so much with not taking the right time to mature ideas.

i think something changed in july or august 22, wich cause them to stop teasing with the thought that this projetct will not be released so soon than they thought in the begining.

But they did post that TikTok in November with the caption, "WTF WHAT a year ❤️🔥🥰 seeing you all at festivals, in between working recording our record in London & LA, doing a HELLA MEGA European tour playing the US East Coast, Chicago and Florida, San Francisco, shows in Brazil and Argentina. Playing Singapore to Austin Texas to Los Angeles charity show with Billy Idol, Jon Fogerty and The Who"

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But they did post that TikTok in November with the caption, "WTF WHAT a year ❤️🔥🥰 seeing you all at festivals, in between working recording our record in London & LA, doing a HELLA MEGA European tour playing the US East Coast, Chicago and Florida, San Francisco, shows in Brazil and Argentina. Playing Singapore to Austin Texas to Los Angeles charity show with Billy Idol, Jon Fogerty and The Who"

yesss, but at the same time i think this is the kind of message that is made by their staff, working on their social media.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arthur_Rhuan said:

yesss, but at the same time i think this is the kind of message that is made by their staff, working on their social media.

And this is why Billie's silence on social media is so defeaning!  We got spoiled hearing from him directly that now hearing solely from "staff" makes it so sterile!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

And this is why Billie's silence on social media is so defeaning!  We got spoiled hearing from him directly that now hearing solely from "staff" makes it so sterile!

It's kind of cool in a way.   Like Billie, Mike and Tre just want to do the music side of things and forget the rest.   I love music videos and social media and all that stuff, but I bet deep down inside their millionaire hearts, they just want to play live music.    Leave tiktok and all that to someone else.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Staying away from social media is the smartest thing Billie's done in years.

A smart move that a ton of people could benefit from.   Is GDC social media?   

On 5/5/2023 at 7:27 PM, DookieLukie said:

Need to get to work on a video for this ASAP.

What Will Green Day Sound Like In The Year 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,004?    Hmmm.....I definitely need to make an ongoing 1972 series that could get some of that Green Day money pouring into my bank account.     I could take a walk or...something else...with Billie Joe.    But I'd definitely take the money and cra-ah-ah-awl.  

Holy shit we’re only a few pages away from 400!!! This is by far our most anticipated album!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Holy shit we’re only a few pages away from 400!!! This is by far our most anticipated album!!!

It's going to suck if this is the most anticipated album that never happens. 

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah, I know... at this point of their career they’re like a senior dog to me. It’s not gonna run and jump around as much as it used to, maybe it’s gonna pee on the floor sometimes, but you still love your dog, you know

Peeing on your mail from them since the year 19--. 

I don't know...  other than Pollyanna...   I don't know of many other current songs that deserve a whole album...    since Green Day hasn't been in the spotlight I haven't been listening to much music. 

So I was listening to the radio this morning and I heard a commercial for this year’s iHeartRadio Music Festival and they said Green Day is going to be there!!! I wonder if that means anything, like, will we have a new single by then?

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So I was listening to the radio this morning and I heard a commercial for this year’s iHeartRadio Music Festival and they said Green Day is going to be there!!! I wonder if that means anything, like, will we have a new single by then?

Last time it was during FOAM promotion so maybe

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

IHeart is the perfect place to play a brand new song 😉  A song featuring Usher and Justin Beiber.  "Oh Baby, Yeah!" 

They perform together for 5 hours as a big flashing wall of 1 Minute signs flash on all jumbo screens.  Finally, Mike Dirnt tackles Jillie Bow, who is about to play "1972" for the 7th time.   

We get an announcement that Fat Mike is the new bassist for Green Day and Travis Barker the drummer. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic