1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

25 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It sucks to get wrong info. I hope GD sees what they’re doing to us. I look like a liar to all of my friends. @That Dude looks like a liar in front of his whole YouTube fan base. The man has a family to feed, and these “sources” are keeping him from providing when he loses subscribers due to false info. I can only imagine how many GD fans and GDCers now have severe trust issues for themselves, and have lost the trust of their loved ones by providing this supposedly accurate GD info. My capability to trust and love has been damaged by this. Will she give me fake “insider info” too? GD should think about this. We are a tortured fan base.

Hay, you, That Dude or anyone else is NOT a liar. We all have posted in good faith info we have at hand and what has gone before. No trust has been lost.

Assuming now that this latest source of info is true, and Jason has always come through before, who would have thought that we would get such an update from such an obscure source. 

Nothing on the official website. Still Nimrod 25.

This community is a family and we are one as true GD fans. Any incorrect info posted imho is never purposely a lie. 

• Like 1

Ughh. Well that just killed any interest I have in the band/new music honestly

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GreenDayItaly said:

edaf96e1-f958-4d78-8c8c-df929bb7540e.jpg

Called it!

Let’s hope it’s worth the wait

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pcj said:

Hay, you, That Dude or anyone else is NOT a liar. We all have posted in good faith info we have at hand and what has gone before. No trust has been lost.

Assuming now that this latest source of info is true, and Jason has always come through before, who would have thought that we would get such an update from such an obscure source. 

Nothing on the official website. Still Nimrod 25.

This community is a family and we are one as true GD fans. Any incorrect info posted imho is never purposely a lie. 

You missed my sarcasm.

• Like 1

Well that's a bummer. But it tells me that all the 1972 stuff was just them celebrating their respective milestones.

Pretty sure the guy who reported it is Jason Tate. If it's the same dude, he ran greenday.net a million years ago

• Like 3

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

20 Years Has Gone So Fast: The Album

Trilogy Part II

• Like 1

Just now, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

Trilogy Part II

I'd love something like the Trilogy, it's too bad the band ditched it entirely.   What if 1972 will be 14 songs, each one entirely new but with something tyeing it to each album so far?   And because we also want the future of Green Day included (and not many people like the Trilogy), there will be one 10 minute song that represents the trilogy.    That way we have 11 songs spanning their career and then 3 freaking sick, new 2024 era Green Day that rocks hard and heavy.    That would be cool.   

OR, because we know these guys and we know they only like the stuff that's popular (haha), if they were REALLY going to do a retro thing like this, it would focus HEAVILY on Dookie and Idiot.     They'd probably have one Kerplunk style song, maybe one from nimrod, breakdown and revrad and then just poop tons of Dookidiot stuff. 

The most reasistic thing would be a new album with an updated sound.   Which is almost certainly what we'll get.   But what's up with the title "1972"?   I know it's their brithyear, but who cares?   Everybody and everything has a birthyear.   I happened to be born in 19-19-1985 and I'm a pretty big Bowling for Soup fan, but that's neither here nor there.    What I'm saying is that 1972 is a stupid title, because it doesn't mean anything.  So it makes us think that this album will  be some sort of all encompassing retirement album or break up album. 

Maybe Green Day know this and they are scrambling through Websters Dic to try and find just the right word to describe the new album.   Because Father of All is stupid.   Revolution Radio is pretty cool, but Uno, Dos and Tre.....pretty stupid.     Green Day need a new album titler guy.     Okay, I have life to do know bye! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

It sucks to get wrong info. I hope GD sees what they’re doing to us. I look like a liar to all of my friends. @That Dude looks like a liar in front of his whole YouTube fan base. The man has a family to feed, and these “sources” are keeping him from providing when he loses subscribers due to false info. I can only imagine how many GD fans and GDCers now have severe trust issues for themselves, and have lost the trust of their loved ones by providing this supposedly accurate GD info. My capability to trust and love has been damaged by this. Will she give me fake “insider info” too? GD should think about this. We are a tortured fan base.

I'll begin filming the shameful and insincere "YouTuber apology" video now, complete with confusing terminology that places most of the blame on the victims and makes me look and feel better.    I might even just copy and paste new names into the swmers apology video and go with that.  That'd be really insincere and easy, and get views!  Haha   

Seriously though, I'll just keep the "guess the release date and win a free copy" contest going until the album comes out.  I've been telling people to put the YEAR as well, because a lot of the comments didn't have a year.   Also, I do have a 4 year old human and an elderly chihuahua to feed, but they aren't eating from my YouTube money, that's for sure!   I make maybe 100 dollars a month on YouTube, but the payment system is set up that if you haven't accrued enough on the 21st of the month, you don't get the payment.   So it's really like 200 dollars every two months.   But back to Green Day.

Everything is fine.  Green Day 14 as I'll now call it because 1972 is stupid, is most likely completed and any day now, we may get an announcement of some kind.  I think I've said enough relevant things to now post a fake, I mean speculative track list: 

Return To Ape

1. (99 Ways To Make Em Pay)

2. . Viva La Moron

3. Lights Are Out 

4. Mellany Took Em Over

5. She Shouts! 

6. Basic B!+(h

7. Complicated, Compound and Other C-Words.

8. Still A Mess

9.  Freaking Sporgosboard, Jim! 

10. Falling

11. Lights of Jesus

12. Darker Thoughts

13.  1972  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wasn’t @Little Boy Named Booze told that the Quebec festival was part of a tour for the new album?

4 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

He wasn't kidding and I didn't make everything up. I can't explain it.

🤷‍♂️ I'm speechless honestly

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

🤷‍♂️ I'm speechless honestly

i think plans changed... again. we just don't know the full story & timeline yet. but maybe we get this festivals tour in 2023 with 1 or 2 singles and the album in early 2024 (feb/march)

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

21st Century Breakdown was almost 5 years. Assuming the article is right about early 2024, the gap between FOAMF and this album will be a little over 4 years

I can't tell if you're being completely serious here but if so... Really? GD fans can't trust anymore because some random sources saying there may be a GD album coming soon were wrong?

Anyway, here's my view on this whole thing. If the album is for sure not coming until 2024 at the earliest, at least we know not to think anything of any leaked album info for at least the next 4 or 5 months. At least we don't constantly be thinking "ooh, is there going to be an announcement coming this week". Ik some people will probably still be doing that but I won't be cause ik there won't be. At least this is an indication that we'll probably be getting something a little more substantial and ambitious than the last couple of Green Day albums we've gotten. Is it frustrating, yes absolutely. And I wish the band wouldn't have started teasing us when the album was so far from ready to release. But I'd prefer to see this as an indication that the band are working hard on making sure this album is the best it's going to be. Don't lose interest in this new album because it's not going to be coming out immediately. Instead, think about the potential this album has to be great as long as the band has and continues to put effort into making this album good. If it's not coming out until 2024, odds are they're not completely finished the album. Whether they're still in the recording process, whether they're mostly done and just putting on the finishing touches. It's very likely that they're waiting until this album is the best it can be

I don't think this is going to just be another FOAMF. It may not be a complete departure from that sound but from the teasers we heard, it's definitely not going to be FOAMF 2 imo

Do you think we’re in for another epic rock opera?

• Like 1

As much as this person who supposedly confirmed this today is meant to be an ‘insider’, perhaps we don’t put all our trust in their statements? I find it weird that it’s radio silence from the band but then they somehow allow someone from their circle to not only know about release timings but also confirm it to the fanbase. Seems a bit odd to me. Just saying is all, I’ve known many ‘insiders’ in the past and the last thing they wanted to do was be the cause of leaks or to piss the band off 

• Like 4

I wonder if the reasoning is that they ended up working out another big stadium tour, so they had to book it out further in advance. Then delaying the album to coincide more with the tour makes sense, same thing they intended to do with FOAM.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Me too but never gonna happen

Why not?

• Like 1

This Jason guy said that his source is saying the album isn’t finished yet. Interesting.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Why not?

They haven’t exactly been communicating for the past year. I just don’t expect to hear from them until an official announcement. No explanation will be forthcoming unless it’s part of an interview 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Maybe more AI/21CB sounding album but less conceptual probably. As much as I love those albums, idk if the band can really even pull off something like that to the same degree

I think they could if they really decided that’s what they wanted to do. And I don’t even mean another rock opera specifically, but another album that ambitious. I’m just not sure they’ve wanted to do that since Breakdown.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

With the pain of the enforced break of the pandemic and the time lost, and as anxious and happy as they were to resume touring, there had to be some real reason for this delay. This will basically be another entirely lost year just when things are getting back to normal.

It definitely will be interesting to hear the explanation of the timeline/delays.

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic