1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

It better be good if they’ve been working on it for three years lol

• Like 3

Kind of insane that this will be the longest gap between records in their career.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mato said:

Who's Jason?

My question as well! Unless it's Jason White, I don't trust him. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

edaf96e1-f958-4d78-8c8c-df929bb7540e.jpg

I just want to know who this Jason guy is and if he’s in this forum too

39 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So a project begun in 2021 won’t be out until 2024. Just a theory, but is it possible this album is so good that they know it will be successful and award worthy and they don’t want to be lost in all the rock releases coming out this year so they’re pushing it to next awards season when they’ll have the spotlight to themselves? I don’t know just trying to find a silver lining in all this, some benefit to waiting.

I agree with your theory

Edited by Reverend Strychnine Twitch
Typing mistake

26 minutes ago, Ryan said:

My question as well! Unless it's Jason White, I don't trust him. 

LOL or Jason Freese 😆

1 hour ago, GreenDayItaly said:

edaf96e1-f958-4d78-8c8c-df929bb7540e.jpg

How did this person confirm it? I’m skeptical until I know how they obtained this information.

11 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

How did this person confirm it? I’m skeptical until I know how they obtained this information.

He’s usually very reliable

He’s been correct and release dates/tours multiple times before 

and we right now have no reason to doubt him 

Wouldn’t an early 2024 release hurt any award show traction? Grammys cutoff is Sept I believe and releasing so early for the 2024 Grammys would probably lose award momentum. And don’t winter albums sell pretty poorly? I guess it depends how far into 2024 we’re talking.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Alf said:

At this point, I hope all this wait give us an album longer then 10 songs, which seems to be the new normal for bands

Yeah. Why make a 14 song album when you can make a 10 song album and already have 4 songs ready for the next album, I guess. 

• Haha 1

I'm still skeptical of the entire situation. My gut keeps telling me something is still coming for this summer...

• Like 1

To be fair it says right in the beginning that the album is “due early next year”, even if it was written in 2022 we’re already coming up on the halfway point of 2023 soon. Early 2024 seems very likely 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

"A release in 2024 seems ions off, but it could make sense. *if* indeed this would be away from other big acts and with a tour matching the AI anniversary, this could indeed be a deliberate move. I mean, headlines such as *20 years after American Idiot dominated the airwaves, Green Day are back again* certainly have a nice ring to them, you gotta admit haha. "

This.

Genius plan. 
New album + AI = something fresh, nostalgia, maybe some awesome merch from both eras, old b-sides and so on. 
Maybe GD marketing staff ain't so dumb after all.  

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic