1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Is it possible that this delay has been due to them trying to figure out a new label deal?

• Like 2

Remember they only finished Hella Mega late June last year.

• Like 4

Remember when they said, that they maybe will release another album before the hella mega tour in 2020? Yeah.. good times

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

Remember when they said, that they maybe will release another album before the hella mega tour in 2020? Yeah.. good times

To be fair, would we even want that? If it's just going to be leftovers of FOAMF?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jengd said:

Remember they only finished Hella Mega late June last year.

But they started this project a year before that. The European leg of Hella Mega was only a month

• Like 1

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

Well, a band isn't going to put out footage of dissapointed members recording bad sounding music.  Could you imagine?  Mike Dirnt saying "Green Day have 10,000 cylinders but this time, we are only giving about 40 percent.  I just do a basic bassline and Billie can write whatever party jams he wants to over top.  Tre doesn't care either.  Nobody on Earth wants anything but Dookie and Idiot, so who gives a crap?  Some wackadoodle on GDC?  I hate those guys.  They're so terrible."

Okay, maybe I imagined too much.

I get what you are saying, but did the band themselves want those clips put out or was it a label thing?  It's possible the label did it and the band was thinking "holy crap, we're just jamming in the studio, we got nothing!" 

All I know is about to get deep into some Smash Mouth.  Maybe they can fill the void until Green Day get it together, haha.

Don't hate us, Green Day!

This post made me start singing "Barbara Allen".

"In the merry month of May, when flowers are a bloomin' "

September, May, what other months have these guys sang about?

We must dig into lyrics to find the release date of GD14.

Sounds like some straight up Max Creeps poop to me. 😄 

Love that album Foreverly with Billie Joe & Norah. Barbara Allen is my fav track.

Further demonstrating Billie Joe's versatility. Imho, the complete musician, the bestest singer/songwriter/guitarist. Ever.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Is it possible that this delay has been due to them trying to figure out a new label deal?

Didn’t they already figure it out? What label was HCTS, Pollyanna, and Holy Toledo released on?

• Like 1

I genuinely don’t believe they would spend that much time mixing with CLA for a years delay just because of trying the new gear. I think the original delay was due to using this new mixing console LAST YEAR with CLA & Rob. 

I think the article / interview was from late last year. We got the TikTok videos / social videos late July last year. 

That being the case, I personal think we can expect a new single / promo of album by September the latest. However this is Green Day and anything can bloody happen. Same Hella mega set list for the rest of the year at shows that get announced lol. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

Thanks! It would be great if the author could clarify the "next year" part and whether that is relative to 2022 or now.

Sorry, no reply, office closed for day. Will ring again tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Yeah timelines make no sense unless something truly unprecedented happened.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

The article does kind of read like it was written last year and not updated.

They say that Rob and CLA are still in the process of mixing the record, but I think considering we've seen them at CLA's studio both mid last year and earlier this year, I think it's fairly safe to say - unless something very drastic has changed - that the record is mixed already. So whether it was written early this year or sometime last year it's fairly easy to assume that they didn't update the wording very much if at all before publishing yesterday.

To be honest at this stage I'd love just any word at all from the band, even if that word is that we shouldn't expect anything soon. Or in fact even if there's something coming in the next little bit just assure us that there isn't - it'll make for a better surprise 😉

Why hold back the article so long though?

3 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Why hold back the article so long though?

Not 100% how this kind of commercial 'journalism' (is that even the word?) works, but if I had to guess they do a whole load of these kinds of interviews and product showcases in advance so that they can have them ready for promotion when it's needed. Maybe they're releasing an updated variant of the console soon, putting it on sale etc. The fact that it's essentially just an ad kind of takes away a little bit of credibility when it comes to actual info on unrelated topics IMO.

• Like 1

If the interview was written last year and they actually did mean early this year, then where did that from? Is that just them assuming based on Billie's "it will probably release in 2023" statement in that one Kerrang interview. Because otherwise, I don't know why they would've said that. And if that's what they meant, they're obviously wrong about that as it's almost the mid point of the year and we still have basically no information about the album

• Like 4

The way this was written, "He is currently producing Green Day's newest album due out early next year." implies that this article was written while they were still recording

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

If the interview was written last year and they actually did mean early this year, then where did that from? Is that just them assuming based on Billie's "it will probably release in 2023" statement in that one Kerrang interview. Because otherwise, I don't know why they would've said that. And if that's what they meant, they're obviously wrong about that as it's almost the mid point of the year and we still have basically no information about the album

Almost seems like they'd been told that it was early 2023 and since then plans have changed, which to me feels like it lines up a bit better with our timeline and all the teasers and everything?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Almost seems like they'd been told that it was early 2023 and since then plans have changed, which to me feels like it lines up a bit better with our timeline and all the teasers and everything?

So you're thinking a fall release?

• Like 1

You know what we need right now?  a bleeping Foxboro Hot Tubs record, and a super duper weird one.  They could abandon the retro sound altogether and make a synth-country-doom.  but poppy.  That would help us through this difficult time.   I'm not sure why I'm posting this here, as I believe that neither the Network nor Tubbies are Green Day.   But I think a lot of us like these two bands for some strange reason and we need another, stranger reason.  

It could be called Tubby 3: We Told The Idiots, but I don't like to speculate on song titles.  

Will we suffer the longest wait time in all of Green Day history? 

RIght now, we're still good comparatively.   3 years and 2 months since the masterpiece, FOAM.   We've had five waits that were longer than that.  

The wait between Idiot and Breakdown was 4 years and 7 months, which would put the the next album out in September 6th, 2024.    Oooooph, that's rough.

We've just recently went past the average wait time of 2 years, 205 days between records but that was to be expected.  

I'd say late October is still a viable release date that's not too far away from the great and wonderful FOAM.   3 years, 8 months.     Which is a shorter wait than 2 or three of the other album waits. 

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic