1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Let's exaggerate how bad things are to be silly:  :)

So Billie's voice is gone, Mike is a MISSING PERSON, and Tre's legs fell off and the Green Day entity is embroiled in a legal battle that could take upwards of 25 years to figure out.  Maybe even longer.  

Oh and Rob Cavallo and Chris L-A aren't working on the album.   They've just been hanging out with them and jamming because nobody in Green Day can jam.  They're all messed up.   Crippled.  and missing.      And they've just been hanging with them because they feel bad that they are about to abandon the sinking ship that Tre and Billie can't get out of because of Billie's "nobody leaves Green Day" shtick.   

Mike see a crack and he ran for it.   He's out there.   He's out of the matrix.   His hair won't grow back for a long time and he'll probably be cloned and put right back in, but yeah.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3

Well guys, we’re in the month of May!!! If there’s a summer tour, there has to be an announcement any day now!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Album 14 tracklist should look somewhat similar like this

1.i say heyyyy ohhhhhh

2.Raise your hands up in the airrrrrrrr.

3.One fking minute ???

4.Ninety Fking Eighty Fking Eight

5.I am not Justin Bieber you M**Fkers.

6. I hate long songs. ( Multi-part song , running time 11:30)

7.Fk this shit.

8.Goodbye Warner.

9.Now we can put out music anytime we want.

10.It'll probably be out next year.

11.Fk this shit (reprise version) .(as always a ballad to end the album)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Those are using cheap models probably purchased for the tour, not from his personal collection.

I wouldn't call them cheap. 

On the AI tour Billie Joe gave out black Epiphone Les Paul Juniors with single humbucker.

On 21st C and Trilogy tours techs made Squier & Fender telecasters with angled humbucker. Billie Joe gave either depending on the night.

For RevRad tour it was black Epiphone Specials with double P-90s.

For Hella Mega he gave out Epiphone SLs, and for the last few shows, he gave away white Epiphone Les Paul Junior (signature).

I'm drooling at the thought of holding any of these.

Imagine the feeling, being on stage with Billie Joe, and he gives you one of these, to keep.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I know that one Twitter leak called leak daddy or whatever is fake but does anyone have the date the account said we'd get a single/announcement? Just so i have something to look toward

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AlienVisitor said:

Album 14 tracklist should look somewhat similar like this

1.i say heyyyy ohhhhhh

2.Raise your hands up in the airrrrrrrr.

3.One fking minute ???

4.Ninety Fking Eighty Fking Eight

5.I am not Justin Bieber you M**Fkers.

6. I hate long songs. ( Multi-part song , running time 11:30)

7.Fk this shit.

8.Goodbye Warner.

9.Now we can put out music anytime we want.

10.It'll probably be out next year.

11.Fk this shit (reprise version) .(as always a ballad to end the album)

Bonus track:  Somewhere Now Forever Now music video. 

I'm going to need bonus distractions to not be annoyed by all the Star Wars and Nsync jokes coming my way this month.  If I hear "May the 4th be with you" or "it's gonna be MAAAAAY" one more time, I'm gonna go full Billie Joe at iHeart on somebody. 

Mike Dirnt will sing a song called "Firing on all Cylinders"

"Roll A Joint" and "Dreamcatcher will get redone, as well as "Billie Joe's Mom".

oh and "David's Overalls".   That's the song I've been waiting a long time for this.   Anybody else love the poop out of this song?  It's amazing, and it taught me to never urinate on a fence.  

moment to come I'm destined.

for Rob Cavallo's head.

dumb post. 

color me stupid

good luck

i've never had it  at aaaaaaalllllllll

DOWNTOWN

i never go there 

it's crowded

I'm going to walk awaaaaaay

This thread's just for fun now guys.   Let's go crazy! 

What happens after you are on stage and get a guitar? Do you guide back to your section and your group? Where do you keep the guitar?  

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What happens after you are on stage and get a guitar? Do you guide back to your section and your group? Where do you keep the guitar?  

You go back to the pit and they give you a boxed up guitar to pick up and take after the show. I think sometimes it’s not the same one you played. They have one autographed and ready to go.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I know that one Twitter leak called leak daddy or whatever is fake but does anyone have the date the account said we'd get a single/announcement? Just so i have something to look toward

They're going to announce it on my birthday (May 10) obviously.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You go back to the pit and they give you a boxed up guitar to pick up and take after the show. I think sometimes it’s not the same one you played. They have one autographed and ready to go.

I was just thinking how annoying it would be to carry a guitar around in the crowd.   Totally worth it though, haha.  

Even though I haven't been playing much lately, I've been eyeballing some Les Paul guitars that I want.   

Do we even need to get back on topic at this point?  If so, I'd bet all my money that Green Day's next album will use guitars of some kind.   Who wants to bet against me?   Are we allowed to bet here?  haha

• Like 1

I'm out of the loop. So, Green Day's new album is about trans people getting guitars from Billie up the stage?

I'm confuse

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

They're going to announce it on my birthday (May 10) obviously.

I thought the same thing last month thooo (also hey our bdays are exactly a month apart!)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Dang I’d want the one I played on stage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I was just thinking how annoying it would be to carry a guitar around in the crowd.   Totally worth it though, haha.  

Even though I haven't been playing much lately, I've been eyeballing some Les Paul guitars that I want.   

Do we even need to get back on topic at this point?  If so, I'd bet all my money that Green Day's next album will use guitars of some kind.   Who wants to bet against me?   Are we allowed to bet here?  haha

I met the girl at RaR 2013 after the show where she got the guitar for singing longview. 
She got the guitar packed and had to go back to the camping Site with it which could take you 30 Min or more to the car 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

I met the girl at RaR 2013 after the show where she got the guitar for singing longview. 
She got the guitar packed and had to go back to the camping Site with it which could take you 30 Min or more to the car 😂

So Green Day are evil for doing this, confirmed.  If I ever go up there and mess up a song, I will give Billie a guitar to hold while he plays and see how HE likes it. 😄 

Okay, so do we have 1972 Smooth yet? Gen Alpha and Gen Millennial are getting kooky over here.

Aerosmith just announced a farewell tour(yep, again 😆) and at this point I’m thinking even nirvana would announce a reunion, release new music and add tour dates first before a band called Green Day 😡

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

Aerosmith just announced a farewell tour(yep, again 😆) and at this point I’m thinking even nirvana would announce a reunion, release new music and add tour dates first before a band called Green Day 😡

It made me worry that Green Day would announce a farewell tour 🥺

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It made me worry that Green Day would announce a farewell tour 🥺

What if the delay of 1972 is because they are deciding how to tell us that this is gonna be the last album/tour 😧

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

What would the guys do if Green Day is over?

Billie could start a band called BJ's Green Day, 😄.   Okay, that sounds awful.  I guess Billie could use the name and get new band mates.   Heck, Jason could slide right in as bassist.  And drummer?  It's 2023, you don't even need those anymore!  There's probably someone in-camp that can drum. 

Or maybe it could be time for Billie Joe to go solo, you know? 

I kind of like the idea of Jason White on bass and I'll think of a good drummer.

But where will Mike and Tre go?  

16 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

What if the delay of 1972 is because they are deciding how to tell us that this is gonna be the last album/tour 😧

I highly doubt that!!!

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic