1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

13 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day doesn’t need to announce the returning of a founding and important member in order to stay relevant and generate cash. That’s all blink was doing when they recorded and released Edging, announced an album and tour. All hype and future promises, just like Tom is famous for.

(I like blink and love Tom, but I don’t let that cloud my judgement)

I really want blink's upcoming album to be sort of a evolution of Neighborhoods and Dogs Eating Dogs but based on Edging I don't think that's what it's going to be

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day doesn’t need to announce the returning of a founding and important member in order to stay relevant and generate cash. That’s all blink was doing when they recorded and released Edging, announced an album and tour. All hype and future promises, just like Tom is famous for.

(I like blink and love Tom, but I don’t let that cloud my judgement)

100% agree. My favorite thing is Tom saying in December that the album is coming in a few months and the album wasn’t even done yet. It takes a 2-3 months at least after mixing and mastering for the album to even hit the shelves. 

10 minutes ago, Cunt said:

100% agree. My favorite thing is Tom saying in December that the album is coming in a few months and the album wasn’t even done yet. It takes a 2-3 months at least after mixing and mastering for the album to even hit the shelves. 

And we've already seen CLA in the teasers, so this proves that everything is done and they're just sitting on it! What else could they possibly be waiting for?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And we've already seen CLA in the teasers, so this proves that everything is done and they're just sitting on it! What else could they possibly be waiting for?

I DON'T KNOW AND UTS DRIVING ME NUTS

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Who knows. I think it was 2 months change between mastering and announcement on both revrad and FOAM. I mean IF they were finishing things up at the end February when they were at CLAs studio then we’re at that 2 month mark now. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

What a beautiful guitar.

Reminds me of that doc' GD's Rig Rundown, from 99 Revolutions tour 2013. Drooling over a detailed tour of Billie Joe's, Mike's and Jason's awesome guitar collection. 

Guitars are a wonderful creation 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

What if we are getting a semi acoustic album 👀 just like Warning 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Clearly the guitar he's going to use to close every show with Good Riddance.

I don't think Billie would make them glam up a guitar to this extent just to use it for one song

36 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I don't think Billie would make them glam up a guitar to this extent just to use it for one song

He did have them glam up a lp junior back in 2016 to use it like twice and then not again until the foam era.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

He has posted a guitar a year or so back that he did for Billie that he hasn’t used on stage 

Boy’s got too many guitars. He sold a whole bunch of them and I still wonder if he even knows how many he’s got. Long way from 1992 where if he broke a string on Blue onstage everyone had to wait until he restrung it.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

ChatGPT has been reading @That Dude comments

I'm good with all of that as long as those diverse kids with fists  raised in the air are standing in front of a blue background.

And one of the girls is holding onto a handgrenade heart.   One of the kids is Mongo Fink as a boy.  

A very, very dark album overall, but with hopeful themes.  

Oh and the title is the Death and Taxes of Green Day.  

Glamour Bang Baby!

1.       1972 Ain’t Sh!+

2.       Holiday?

3.       American In the P!$$

4.       Ain’t No Commy

5.       Bite It You Scum

6.       Pizzagates All Around My Baby

7.       Mikey’s Girl

8.       Fruitman

9.       Marching On All Fours

10.   Maggie is a Pirate

11.   And I Love Him

12.   Repent Hard and Not Die

13.   Front Page F****

58 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Boy’s got too many guitars. He sold a whole bunch of them and I still wonder if he even knows how many he’s got. Long way from 1992 where if he broke a string on Blue onstage everyone had to wait until he restrung it.

And every time they go out on the road he seems to accumulate like 2-4 more every time haha 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

7 minutes ago, Cunt said:

And every time they go out on the road he seems to accumulate like 2-4 more every time haha 

And he invites fans on stage and lets them keep the guitars!!!! He must have a HUGE collection of them!!!

• Like 1

The lime green accents on the guitar are very much standing out to me, makes me wonder if that's gonna be one of 1972's colors. 

EDIT: WAIT OMG that shade was one of Warning's colors... which means, those saying it's a sequel to Warning may be true... (insert Peggle... 2! gif here)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And he invites fans on stage and lets them keep the guitars!!!! He must have a HUGE collection of them!!

It's not Billie's guitar. 

34 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

The lime green accents on the guitar are very much standing out to me, makes me wonder if that's gonna be one of 1972's colors. 

EDIT: WAIT OMG that shade was one of Warning's colors... which means, those saying it's a sequel to Warning may be true... (insert Peggle... 2! gif here)

I think that’s just the tape right?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I think that’s just the tape right?

Yup

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic