1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Another consideration is that labels schedule releases when their artist can singularly get the most exposure. Aka GD will likely not overlap an album release with another big rock band especially one that just had a big reunion like blink or one that had a tragic death like FF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddie86 said:

People like him like to ignore facts, like the fact that a mod has asked us twice to stop talking about this because it has nothing to do with this thread

When did being conformist become cool? Very anti Green Day to do what you’re told.

Anyway, does make sense to release it when there is less noise. I honestly have no idea how album sales trends work anymore now that streaming is king.

• Like 2

Please stop. I'm sure there are other threads or DM each other about such topics. We are here in this specific thread to talk about new music from our guys.....and when summer really ends 😅

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, squinty bitch said:

Yeahhh everybody just shut up and think for a sec about how we might have new music from our boys soon!!

I'm actually starting to get excited, and honestly I've not really been excited about GD related stuff since like the Longshot era so hopefully that's a good sign and hopefully I'm not disappointed aha 😅

Well beyond the wonderful potential track lists from @That Dude it sounds like a new single will drop soon along with a new album in Septemberish based on maybe legit info from Boooooze and Matt.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, squinty bitch said:

Yeahhh everybody just shut up and think for a sec about how we might have new music from our boys soon!!

I'm actually starting to get excited, and honestly I've not really been excited about GD related stuff since like the Longshot era so hopefully that's a good sign and hopefully I'm not disappointed aha 😅

31 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Well beyond the wonderful potential track lists from @That Dude it sounds like a new single will drop soon along with a new album in Septemberish based on maybe legit info from Boooooze and Matt.

I've been out all day, at work, and then hung out with some friends tonight. What did I miss? What did @Little Boy Named Booze and @Sanity Loan say today?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I've been out all day, at work, and then hung out with some friends tonight. What did I miss? What did @Little Boy Named Booze and @Sanity Loan say today?

Nothing new, I was referring to stuff that's been previously posted

8 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Oh how the table have turned.  "stop with spammy posts" they said.   "you're so cringe.  everything is cringe, we don't know how to avoid your content on GDC" they said.....wait.    Was your "wonderful" comment sarcastic?     It doesn't matter.    What I'm thinking now is something like this: 

1. Oh how the tables have turned

2. They Said to Stop

3. Everything is Cringe.

4. We Don't Know

5. Avoid Your Content

6. GDC Said...

7. WAIT! 

8. Wonderful (a real Green Day song, haha!)

9. Sarcastic

10. It Doesn't Matter, Lars.

11. What I'm Thinking Now

12. Something Like This

1972 will be meta beyond meta.   with a bonus track called "1972 will be meta beyond meta. with a bonus track called "1972 will be meta beyond meta. with a bonus track called "1972 will be meta beyond meta. with a bonus"

Waiting for Green Day is so painful, and it's taking a toll on us all.

But it's okay, it's normal.  For me, I'm dealing with pain of 1972 pain by listening to a ton of:  

Foo FIghters, Staind, Bowling For Soup (HEY MARIO), Metallica, Rancid, Teenage Bottlerocket, Linkin Park.      Discovered Skindred.   Fall Out Boy, Divide the Fall, Sarah and the Safe Word, Ouijja Mac, Ghost, Pixies, The Interrupters, Box Car Racer, Kid Rock, Buckcherry, Motely Crue, Matchbox Twenty, SMashing Pumpkins, Redefind, Sick Puppies, Cold and more!  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

Nothing new, I was referring to stuff that's been previously posted

And now we’re heading into May!!! Hope we hear something soon!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I just listened to the second to last tease we got and it sounds so good god 

This one?

• Like 3

Why don't we just get AI to create the album from the clips we have so far?

Green Day have clearly been abducted by The Network and these teasers are probably just Panicland again.

The masters are stolen.  The child is gone, the dream is gone and I 

Have become 

Comfortabley numb.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Yeah

This one really has me hyped for new music!!! I hope it ends up being a single!!!

And this one has that nostalgic sound to it!!!

17 hours ago, Cunt said:

Blink 182 has new music coming next week it looks like and that will come with an album release date announcement I’m sure. So that’ll be another one to the pile of bands we probably didn’t except to release something before Green Day did. 

They announced a tour back in October, which is now happening, and still haven’t even released a new album. I 100% expected them to release something before Green Day did. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

They announced a tour back in October, which is now happening, and still haven’t even released a new album. I 100% expected them to release something before Green Day did. 

A split full length album:   Green Day / Blink-182 - 1972/1975

Green Day leaning hard into a Dookie/Idiot sound and Blink-182 doing an Enema/Untitled vibe.

It'll benefit both bands that seem hell bent on forgetting all songs from 2005 onward. 

No deep cuts.   Just bash Earth into oblivion with Basketcase and All the Small Things on a violent loop until there is nothing left.

I asked ChatGPT to come up with some potential album titles for Green Day's next album, and this is what it suggested: 
Revolutionary Love
Generation Rebel
Midnight in America
Anarchy in the 21st Century
Fury and Hope
New Age Chaos
Suburban Legends
American Reckoning
Punk Rock Promises
The Last Stand of the Young and Reckless

I also asked it for a track list for the next album, and it said: 
1. Revolutionary Love
2. Suburban Legends
3. Burnout 2023
4. Generation Rebel
5. Midnight in America
6. Fury and Hope
7. Anarchy in the 21st Century
8. American Reckoning
9. The Last Stand of the Young and Reckless
10. Punk Rock Promises
11. New Age Chaos
12. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) Part 2

I also also asked it for lyrics for The Last Stand of The Young and Reckless, and it suggested: 
We were the kids with fire in our hearts Raising hell and tearing down the parts Of a world that tried to hold us back But we never gave in, we never cracked
This is the last stand of the young and reckless We'll never back down, we'll never be helpless We'll fight for what we believe in And never let the cynics win
We were the ones with the wild dreams Taking risks and ignoring the screams Of a society that wanted us tamed But we knew deep down, we were never the same
This is the last stand of the young and reckless We'll never back down, we'll never be helpless We'll fight for what we believe in And never let the cynics win
So let's raise our voices high And let the world hear our battle cry We'll keep pushing forward, never look back And never let our fire go slack
We'll stand our ground and face the fray And we'll do it our way, come what may This is the last stand of the young and reckless And we'll never let our spirit be extinguished.

Finally, I asked ChatGPT to describe the album cover, and it suggested: 
The cover features a striking image of a group of young people standing defiantly against a backdrop of a dark, stormy sky. The group is made up of a diverse mix of individuals, with different backgrounds, styles, and attitudes. They stand together in solidarity, with fists raised and faces determined, ready to take on the world. The image is stylized with a gritty, almost hand-drawn look, with bold lines and vivid colors that pop against the dark background. The album title, "The Last Stand of The Young and Reckless", is written in bold, punk-inspired lettering, set against the bottom of the image. The overall effect is powerful, rebellious, and full of energy, capturing the spirit of the album's themes of youthful rebellion and determination.

I'm sure some of you will have a field day with this- I wonder if a band would eventually do an album composed purely of AI suggestions? I think it would be a really interesting art piece personally- as long as it was advertised as being AI generated.

19 minutes ago, DanagedGoods said:

I asked ChatGPT to come up with some potential album titles for Green Day's next album, and this is what it suggested: 
Revolutionary Love
Generation Rebel
Midnight in America
Anarchy in the 21st Century
Fury and Hope
New Age Chaos
Suburban Legends
American Reckoning
Punk Rock Promises

Ngl all these chat gpt green day albums have been CORNY. But i do like a few of these album names. Midnight in America, New Age Chaos, and Punk Rock Promise are cool names

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Fair point. But considering Green Day has been working on this project since November 2021 and Blink started sometime mid-late last year I honestly would’ve thought that Green Day would’ve announced something before them. Edging was released months before recording was finished on blinks new album. 

8 minutes ago, Cunt said:

Fair point. But considering Green Day has been working on this project since November 2021 and Blink started sometime mid-late last year I honestly would’ve thought that Green Day would’ve announced something before them. Edging was released months before recording was finished on blinks new album. 

Green Day doesn’t need to announce the returning of a founding and important member in order to stay relevant and generate cash. That’s all blink was doing when they recorded and released Edging, announced an album and tour. All hype and future promises, just like Tom is famous for.

(I like blink and love Tom, but I don’t let that cloud my judgement)

• Like 3

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic