1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

9 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

You’re right, it does suck to have to be upset my human rights are consistently being violated.

Yep

23 minutes ago, Cunt said:

There is no debate. Smoking sativa and mowing your lawn is a good idea. 

Sativa haha...I remember when I was in middle school. Wait til you discover salvia kid. You got soft hands brother

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Sativa haha...I remember when I was in middle school. Wait til you discover salvia kid. You got soft hands brother

Listen. I don’t want to put my hand in the lawnmower blade and then not remember how it got chopped off.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s hilarious when all I see from the right is outrage over everything from books to M&Ms to Disney to Bud Light 😂

Almost like being overly obsessed and adherent to one side or the other and completely dismissing the other is unhealthy and extremist.

2 hours ago, Clockwise said:

There is no debate. Trans Rights are Human Rights. And if you don't agree with that, I have nothing to say to you.

Western people love their "rights." They talk about them as if they are a static or fixed concept that is owed despite the fact that they are constantly shifting and bestowed by government. Talk to some non-Westerners about rights and open your mind a bit about what you think you are owed.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm really feeling like we're gonna get something mid-May, whether that be a single, an album release date, or just some kind of official announcement about new music. This isn't based on anything other than my senses tingling tho lol

• Like 4

Shut the fuck up about trans people Jesus Christ guys. We get it they have a mental illness we should not dwell on it 

Edited by Hermione
User was warned for this post

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Shut the fuck up about trans people Jesus Christ guys. We get it they have a mental illness we should not dwell on it 

Im just saying let them be them. ugh. They don't need help they know exactly what they are doing. Seriously.

Can this new album come out yet 

7 hours ago, Cunt said:

There is no debate. Smoking sativa and mowing your lawn is a good idea. 

I don't know what sativa is, but the thought of mowing my lawn has ruined my morning, thanks C-man.  😄  

New album will be called Fu Manchu and the Sativa Sack Boys and unfortunately, 1972 will be a really long version of 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall.  And now I'm writing another song that will be good on 1972:

Been living out in a sativa sack

Don't know when I'm coming 

Have labels ever benefited

Anyone but anyone looking for snacks! 

I'm a gay transgender budlight drinker and hooked on coffee

I'm a king for a day and also a grouch so you better come right off me 

I could definitely see Billie singing that, although hopefully e everything was done before Bud-Gate.

Bud Gate.  Pizza Gate.

Oh my gosh, could....no. no they aren't.  The Network are U2 and Five Finger Death Crutch.

• Like 1

I get wanting to reply but can the off topic posts stop now please. If anyone wants to continue the discussion do it via PM.

37 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's all Britt fault

Yo Booze when do you predict we'll get announcement 

16 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Seriously guys, can we please stay on topic? Let's really just stay away from politics here, unless of course the album ends up being another political rock opera.

If the new album is a political rock opera I will vomit.

Track for track remake of the Rocky Horror soundtrack to hold us over until 2025...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's all Britt fault

It's literally not Britt's fault at all. There was absolutely zero reason to bring up Britt posting transphobic bullshit in this thread. It has absolutely nothing to do with the new GD album at all.

I fully support trans rights and agree that Britt and others who post the same bullshit should be called out, educated or whatever needs to happen. But really, the way some of y'all behave when it comes to Britt is actually concerning. Like we've established that she has some pretty gross views, but it honestly seems like some of you are sitting there chomping at the bit, waiting for her to say something so you can come on here and talk shit about her and try and claim that she's gonna break up the band or blame her for not getting new music or some other ridiculous thought. It's just completely delusional, and also kinda obsessive - people could just block/unfollow her so they don't have to see her bullshit (anything Mike/green day related she posts will likely get posted on here anyway so you won't miss anything), but no y'all literally make a point of waiting for her posts so you can have a HateOnBrittParty on GDC. Do you see how ridiculous it is? You might think it makes you look good because you're "calling out transphobia" but you're actually not. Britt won't see this, most of us here support trans people anyway, so it's not going to achieve anything or really make any difference, it's not about calling out transphobia at all - all you're doing is using that as an excuse to spread hate and insults at every opportunity you get, which not only isn't the way anybody should be responding to transphobia, but is also pretty gross behaviour in itself.

There's a time and a place to call out transphobia, and that's when and where it's happening, not on a random Green Day thread that won't be seen by the transphobes and that has nothing to do with the band member's family's opinions anyway.

Sorry Hermione but I have to say something, I've absolutely had it with all the Britt dragging, it's exhausting having to read this shit time and time again just because people keep bringing it up when there's literally no reason to even be talking about her on here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It's all Britt fault

this Brit is a little touched in the head, eh?

Anyway, if the band is still possibly looking for a new label/new deal, would that mean they are self-funding and self producing this monster so far?

If I don't have a new Green Day album to listen to this summer while I walk along the lake shore, I am going to be pissed.

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic