1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Seriously guys, can we please stay on topic? Let's really just stay away from politics here, unless of course the album ends up being another political rock opera.

I agree we should stop and stay on topic but this isn't a political issue.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Ryan said:

And again...this isn't actually happening. Children aren't just out there getting surgery or "treatment" in order to alter their physical appearance. Again...this is a giant myth being propagated by a small segment of the population. Gender affirming surgery is typically only done for people after a certain age, and even then it is after A LOT of conversation with trained medical professionals. Furthermore, it has an EXTREMELY low rate of people who have 2nd thoughts or regret their choice...like...ridiculously low when compared to almost ANY other surgical procedure. So again...a small amount of loud idiots are making up shit that isn't even happening. 

They shouldn’t be getting meds or any kind of treatment to stop puberty or alter their appearance. It’s going against science and the only reason they’re thinking these things is because it’s all around them constantly, on social media, the news, in the street, being subliminally planted in their brains. When I was a kid it wasn’t even a thing that crossed the majority of peoples minds because it wasn’t forced down our throats.

• Like 1

The whole "trans debate" is giving Weimar Republic so much that at this point I'm beyond giving any benefit of the doubt to anyone who engages in it without acknowleding that that's what's happening.

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I created chaos in this thread.

You're also the only one that has given us news in 8 months. You ARE this thread.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ryan said:

You're right...what we need are more fake tracklists that have absolutely nothing to do with the album...

My dude sense is tingling! 

1. Spider-Man Theme Song 

2.1972 Ways To Die

3. Transistors Gone Rogue

4. Death Comment

5. Deaf Life

6.Props 

7. Lifestyles, Trainwreck and Cowboys

8.  Booze Egg

9. Slimey Gut Reel

10.  A Million of Us

11. Death of Green Day

12. Black Parades

13. Brilliant

Someone posted this comment on greendayinc Instagram in reference to the new album …

It's done. But now new label needed to flesh out the deal and also changed management. Then getting the rights of reprise for royalties on tours off Warner bros, court filings, artwork designs, manufacturing ready to go etc. most records only take 6 months but they don't have all this to deal with. Image rights signed back too. Then new label has to pay a small bit to lookout and back to reprise at gigs etc. I'm confident of a summer single autumn album

• Like 4
  • Surprised 4

5 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Someone posted this comment on greendayinc Instagram in reference to the new album …

It's done. But now new label needed to flesh out the deal and also changed management. Then getting the rights of reprise for royalties on tours off Warner bros, court filings, artwork designs, manufacturing ready to go etc. most records only take 6 months but they don't have all this to deal with. Image rights signed back too. Then new label has to pay a small bit to lookout and back to reprise at gigs etc. I'm confident of a summer single autumn album

Seems like a weird thing to fabricate…..

It very well maybe true.

Alas….it also may not be..

Green Day still listed here for what thats worth…

https://crushmusic.com

13 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

they changed the label?

26 minutes ago, nflsbest26 said:

Lookout records doesn't exist anymore, green day got the rights to those albums sometime around 2005 and they've been reissued on reprise ever since

• Like 4

Warner/Reprise also wouldn't need to be paid any royalties for Green Day playing their own songs. that's not how music copyright works. They own the recordings but not the songs - royalties from any performances of the band's songs just go to the band

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Warner/Reprise also wouldn't need to be paid any royalties for Green Day playing their own songs. that's not how music copyright works. They own the recordings but not the songs - royalties from any performances of the band's songs just go to the band

Depends on their contract which none of us could ever know. Could have a permanent ancillary related to those songs.

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That’s hilarious when all I see from the right is outrage over everything from books to M&Ms to Disney to Bud Light 😂

Yeah I get that’s all stupid, but Jesus Christ you people just can’t help but shit on Brit any chance you get. It’s honestly disturbing.

• Love 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic