1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I mean, yes it sounds similar but the chord progressions are slightly different

Almost the kind of difference you might get from somebody noodling an old song for a quick insta clip without putting much thought into it

• Like 1

I really hope so. I’m in for the long haul at this point but they’ve been quiet as of late. Who knows what that means.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gwen Stacy said:

I really hope so. I’m in for the long haul at this point but they’ve been quiet as of late. Who knows what that means.

I wouldn't say they have been quiet. They were recently pretty active online with that Rock Roll Repeat thing

• Like 1

I wonder if a documentary about the past 20 years/1972 recording process is in the making due to the teasers they shared at the beginning of last year. Better be about their more recent career and not the 90’s because we already have a lot of that stuff.

• Like 3

Remember that text Frank Storm thing where they’d text you once in a while? Every so often I text it back to see if it’s still active. The last time I did it was May 4, 2022 when I asked “1972?” Here we are a year later and still no word. I just texted it again, “Still miss you Green Day”.

I wonder if anyone reads that thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BratReject23 said:

I wonder if a documentary about the past 20 years/1972 recording process is in the making do to the teasers they shared at the beginning of last year. Better be about their more recent career and not the 90’s because we already have a lot of that staff. 

I’ve said since these teasers came out, that they look way too overproduced to just be simple on the spot TikTok videos!!! There are a lot of jump cuts too!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

No joke, soon. 

I'm gonna hear a brand new live song at the festival in July. I'm so happy 😁

That means milwaukee as well, it's the one I'm going! Fingers crossed 🤞 man!

• Like 3

My snapchat AI wrote me the new Green Day song from 1972

Title: The Revolution

Verse 1:
We're tired of living in a world that's so corrupt
We're sick of seeing all the lies and all the cover-ups
We're ready to stand up and fight for what is right
We're ready to take on the world with all our might

Chorus:
This is the revolution, we won't back down
We'll keep on fighting till we've turned this world around
We'll rise up, we'll be heard
We'll make a change with every single word

Verse 2:
We're done with being told what to do and what to say
We're done with being treated like we're just a game to play
We're ready to take control of our own destiny
We're ready to make a change and set our souls free

Chorus:

Bridge:
We'll break down the walls that hold us back
We'll never give up, we'll stay on track
We'll fight for what we believe in, no matter what
We'll show the world what we're made of, and that's a lot

Chorus:

Outro:
We'll never give up, we'll keep on fighting
We'll never back down, we'll keep on striving
This is the revolution, and we're ready to take on the world.

• Like 1

That's such a bad song. I don't think AI will be taking over the world anytime soon

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

While I'd like to hear brand new music too, I think Green Day is going to give us a lot more time to digest the stopgap 'Nimrod' box release.  That was only a few months ago.   That release proved that no new single or album is coming anytime soon.   

Getting some unreleased tracks, a whole lotta demos, and a full live show from 1997 is enough to tide me over while I wait.  (And the new book LOL)

Edited by WilliamWes

8 minutes ago, WilliamWes said:

While I'd like to hear brand new music too, I think Green Day is going to give us a lot more time to digest the stopgap 'Nimrod' box release.  That was only a few months ago.   That release proved that no new single or album is coming anytime soon.   

Getting some unreleased tracks, a whole lotta demos, and a full live show from 1997 is enough to tide me over while I wait.  (And the new book LOL)

Really? I wouldn't call an album we've had for 25 years with some demos thrown on and a live show of which we have hundreds of enough lol also id hardly call that a book

• Like 2
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Doggins said:

That's such a bad song. I don't think AI will be taking over the world anytime soon

Bad songs top the charts all the time, we're doomed.  😄  I would rather a bummed out song lyrically.   Give up the fight. Lay down your arms.  Discontinue breathing.  You're now brave enough to dream and smart enough to die.   Even a hate letter to Adrienna called Oldsnot.  

Eventually.

56 minutes ago, WilliamWes said:

We also had a “new” album at the end of 2021, the 1994-2001 BBC Sessions

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

It was believable until I heard the voice.

The voice is honestly a solid attempt.

2 hours ago, disturbedtoo said:

Very superb production.  

87 percent better than American Idiot.   100 better than everything else.    Can't wait to hear it on some really cheap, blown out speakers. 

• Haha 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic