22 minutes ago, pcj said:

99_Edp.jpg?v=4

Thu Apr 27 2023

9:00 PM (Doors 8:00 PM)

Tin Roof - Kansas City

424 Westport Rd Kansas City, MO 64111

$15.00

Ages 21+

Found this on ticketweb/com/event/. Not sure if this is same thing?

Same thing as what?

43 minutes ago, pcj said:

99_Edp.jpg?v=4

Thu Apr 27 2023

9:00 PM (Doors 8:00 PM)

Tin Roof - Kansas City

424 Westport Rd Kansas City, MO 64111

$15.00

Ages 21+

Found this on ticketweb/com/event/. Not sure if this is same thing?

That is a tribute band...

38 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I still think the album is still going to be called 1972 because the last teaser from last August has the #1972 hashtag.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRTQ1Nv6/

What if it's all a ruse.  The teasers.  Billie's vocal issues.  The studio footage.  

They secretly been in some other studio.   Secretly working with another producer.    Secretly making something totally unlike the teasers and not called 1972.

A twist!

The rumour about Billie's vocals is so easy to believe that it could've also so easily been made up.

Unless we hear anything close from some other source then I really don't think anybody should be eating it up - thinking logically would he not have taken the time to work on his singing before recording a new album? And we're pretty sure it's finished at this stage.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

The rumour about Billie's vocals is so easy to believe that it could've also so easily been made up.

Unless we hear anything close from some other source then I really don't think anybody should be eating it up - thinking logically would he not have taken the time to work on his singing before recording a new album? And we're pretty sure it's finished at this stage.

It’s not recording that’s the issue (if there is one) it’s the ability to get through a long tour which is a particular challenge apart from studio singing

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s not recording that’s the issue (if there is one) it’s the ability to get through a long tour which is a particular challenge apart from studio singing

I realise that, but I still think it would make more sense to have your vocals at their absolute best prior to recording and not after - if that's a process he knew he was going to have to go through anyway

(this is coming from somebody who has gigged and done studio vocals and had my own issues with temporary accidental destruction of vocal chords lol)

• Like 1

How would you feel if we got an EP after this wait?  And it's 3 really short songs?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

3 songs and they all sound just like Here Shomes the C.....wait.  oops.   😄 

Barrel Roll -Mike on vox

West Is Won - Billie channels his inner Lemmy on the verses, Prince on chorus. 

Dumdrop - basically flat earth part 2.  Tre cool screaming nonsense.

• Haha 1

Billie having vocal issues is really unlikely in my opinion. I don’t think he’d be doing cover up shows on the side of it was really that serious. Also his vocals chords haven’t really been under that much stress over the last two years with a less rigorous touring schedule. Could the rumor be true? Sure. But I don’t think it’s really that likely. 

• Like 3

having heard some of his performances last year, i think there might be something to the rumor. he obviously had voice issues in Rio and I think there was more. He could have just been ill, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was a problem with his vocal chords.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

having heard some of his performances last year, i think there might be something to the rumor. he obviously had voice issues in Rio and I think there was more. He could have just been ill, but i wouldn't be surprised if it was a problem with his vocal chords.

his vocal range got shorter in the past few years. Since the trilogy he's not singing that well some songs, but there was some period where he was better.

He is geting older, so it happens. It's cool if he is worried about his longevity as a rock singer and doing some preventive treatments.

I need 1972 asap, though

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Yojimbo said:

The real 1972 were the friends we made along the way.

Well, we already knew the enemy.

already knew the enemy

already knew the enemy 

already knew the enemy, rah hey! 

Gonna make the friends, hey

gonna makes the friends, hey

gonna makes the friends, hey

gonnna makes the friends say oh lay! 

1972 will rise 

the EPS's been sacrificed

Don't be angry with the band 

be with GDC, they tell lies!

Okay, enough parody.   I'm game for a song called "Know Your Friends"   "American Smart Butt" as well.   Just a bunch of inverses of Idiot and Duke singles.  

OH YEAH!   Oh yeah, and more songs like OH YEAH.   OH YEAH. 

• Like 1

Walker isn't working with GD on 1972.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know who’s actually working on the album with green day then? I’m super behind on not just most, but a lot of things 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xWhatsername_ said:

Does anyone know who’s actually working on the album with green day then? I’m super behind on not just most, but a lot of things 

Rob Cavallo and Chris Lord-Alge!!!!

• Like 3

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

Rob Cavallo and Chris Lord-Alge!!!!

Thank you!

• Like 1

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic