1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

The gorillaz should appear on the new record.   Everybody collaborates with them but they never appear on other records.

It's time to get sunshine. In a bodybag and be desperate but not for long, not hopeless.  

Hmm.  Might make a Clint Eastwood / Murder City remix later.

Didn’t Billie also say something in Europe about not being back until next summer? Maybe they’re touring Europe/World first this time and will do the States in 2024. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Didn’t Billie also say something in Europe about not being back until next summer? Maybe they’re touring Europe/World first this time and will do the States in 2024. 

I thought he said that in Asbury Park, NJ, “It’s going to be a long time until next summer!”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

bummer, best guess now is they just do some few festival appereances in the US this year and thats it

if they start touring early in 2024, we could get tour announcement + the new album closer to august/september/october maybe? and thats just if we are lucky, anything later could still be possible (summer tour 2024, album release early/spring 2024)

I agree. My feeling is September-October as album release date.

20 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What if the album is called 2004 instead?

Or a self title album? Or maybe Green Day 2024.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Something interesting to think about! 

Love the burning drum kit part. That may actually mean something.

• Like 3

So they said "See you next year" but they have a show in July in Milwaukee and When We Were Young in the Fall. So logically they probably meant "See you [Arizona] next year."

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Oh guys listen to the end of the video. Tré says that Chris Lord-Alge "got a pretty good present this year" from Billie too. So maybe he means a pretty good album? :ga:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpHA4ncqrPd/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

28 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Yep, that’s exactly where my thoughts went too.

I'm trying to figure out what Tré says right after that. "All that..."???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mato said:

That brings up the potential documentary thing that was discussed in the past again.

I'm still not sure what to expect. Is it just the album, the documentary or both? Or documentary with accompanied soundtrack full of new songs?

Judging from all the teasers we got over last year, it once again sounds like the same three - four power chord punk rock songs, but even after all these years I'm still excited like a baby. I'm really putting all my hopes in the fact Rob's back.

I always felt like '1972' is the name of the documentary/film and new album's name is something else.

Edited by Reverend Strychnine Twitch
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I thought he said that in Asbury Park, NJ, “It’s going to be a long time until next summer!”

Again, talking about the long wait for warm weather.

I’m happy with a 2024 release date. I’ve seen GD live so many times already so I’m in a much different place than in previous eras.

Give me the real follow up to 21cb in a return to form album and follow it up with a tour that’s fresh. I haven’t seen new songs impact the setlist for almost 10 years now. 

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic