1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

4 hours ago, senti jamir said:

Pretty sure " raise your hands up in the air" lyrics is on the album

“air” or “sky” 

• Like 1

mil novecientos setenta y dos will be the title of the album.

And as usual, Billie will be singing about time.

I hope something happens soon. Something real. 313 pages of speculation with basically no real news or social media posts or teases in ages is frustrating.

I keep checking this page with high hopes for intelligent insight, a new tease or news of posts from the band. Maybe I missed something in between all the pages of joke posts but I don’t think so. 

Green Day fans will talk about garbage for 2 years and 313 pages of nothing. I feel like the band stopped caring about their loyal fans but who knows what’s really happening behind the scenes.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Big Neil said:

I hope something happens soon. Something real. 313 pages of speculation with basically no real news or social media posts or teases in ages is frustrating.

I keep checking this page with high hopes for intelligent insight, a new tease or news of posts from the band. Maybe I missed something in between all the pages of joke posts but I don’t think so. 

Green Day fans will talk about garbage for 2 years and 313 pages of nothing. I feel like the band stopped caring about their loyal fans but who knows what’s really happening behind the scenes.

I don't get it.  What's the punchline?

Is it a natural disaster sung by the unemployed?

We should probably fight fire with a riot.  The class war is hanging on a wire. Because the martyr is a compulsive liar when he said....I forget what he said, but it sucked.

I think Green Day care, but it's just unclear what they are doing and it's frustrating.

Would complete silence be better than the teases? Probably.

I'd prefer the band talking about the album and telling us about it rather than these snippets.   

It still hasn't been a long wait between albums just yet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I don't get it.  What's the punchline?

Is it a natural disaster sung by the unemployed?

We should probably fight fire with a riot.  The class war is hanging on a wire. Because the martyr is a compulsive liar when he said....I forget what he said, but it sucked.

I think Green Day care, but it's just unclear what they are doing and it's frustrating.

Would complete silence be better than the teases? Probably.

I'd prefer the band talking about the album and telling us about it rather than these snippets.   

It still hasn't been a long wait between albums just yet.

I think I would rather nothing than the “teases” we got. Super frustrating! Green Day fans have been spoiled and I feel like I want to have a tantrum over the way this new album and the promo has been rolled out. Or maybe not care at all. I guess I don’t care. The band doesn’t care. Fans shouldn’t care. But then what’s the point? I want new music. But not Here Comes the Shock or Pollyanna. I thought those songs were not Green Day level good. They can go the way of FOAM and never be on a setlist. I hope the new album goes in the direction of Holy Toledo if any of those songs are any indication of new Green Day. 

• Sad 1

Just now, pcj said:

Back on Jan 10, @pacejunkie punk posted an update from greenday.net. Quote "New info from a close band source: despite the 1972 name teases, album 14 does not have a title yet and they are still “in the middle” of working on the new record." 

This is a positive step I think, as the last main tease was Aug 16. I appreciate the wait is frustrating a real drag. I've had this eleven times since Kerplunk. It's always been worth the wait, and I've never been disappointed. The next one is gonna be a cracker.

Hang in there and stay positive. Get ready coz in a while just imagine, this topic will be in meltdown. The album release will be announced, its title, number of tracks, the first single release. Then news of tour dates and venues. When will tickets be available. Holy shit, have a got any money. Where can I rob, sorry, cadge some dosh. 

I think it's time to get excited. 😜

Ok cool! Thanks for this post :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Anyone who was around for the wait between Warning and American Idiot remembers how grueling it was. We didn’t even know if Green Day was still a band at certain points, it wasn’t until The Network that things got interesting.

Just like Green Day to wake us all up with a new side project in The Network. Money Money 2020 is amazing.

Still, we had a few titbits to keep us going. The 'Tune In Tokyo' live ep was awesome for me being so into GD live. There was of course, International Superhits CD/DVD with two new songs - Poprocks & Coke and Maria, and Shenanigans. And Crickets cover 'I Fought The Law. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Anyone who was around for the wait between Warning and American Idiot remembers how grueling it was. We didn’t even know if Green Day was still a band at certain points, it wasn’t until The Network that things got interesting.

I was but a tiny  young lad during that time . How was the feeling when they first released AI ?

What was your reaction to hearing the singles off the album?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

If I remember correctly they released American Idiot and Letterbomb before the album so I’m sure you can imagine how awesome it was to hear those for the first time. I think everyone was really nervous about the “rock opera” thing, nobody really knew what to expect and definitely didn’t see it becoming the massive success it went on to become 👍

No, the American Idiot single was released on August 6, 2004, and the album came out on September 21st. the next single was Boulevard of Broken Dreams in November.

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

No, the American Idiot single was released on August 6, 2004, and the album came out on September 21st. the next single was Boulevard of Broken Dreams in November.

Interesting. They should try that again tbh. Release a single, then the album, and then determine which song should be the next single by which song is getting the most either streams or radio play 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Interesting. They should try that again tbh. Release a single, then the album, and then determine which song should be the next single by which song is getting the most either streams or radio play 

Same thing with Know Your Enemy and 21CB, Know Your Enemy was released on April 16, 2009 and 21CB was released on May 15

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I suppose it depends on which country you live in. The pre-album single I have is AI with Favorite Son. 2 months after album was a twin single release of BoBD, in two different colours and the cover figure pointing two different directions. One had Letterbomb live, the other She's A Rebel live.  Then I've got two more AI singles issued Nov 04, one with Too Much Too Soon and the other with Shoplifter and Governator. Then came singles Holiday, WMUWSE 2 versions again with BJ in two different directions, then JOS, all with additional live songs.

1 hour ago, senti jamir said:

What's the point of releasing singles after an album is out ?

Sorry i am not an expert on these things 

AI had 1 pre-album single and 8 post. For me it's the live tracks and the cover artwork. I'm a sucker for both, just got to have them.  82 in total I think.

1 hour ago, senti jamir said:

What's the point of releasing singles after an album is out ?

Sorry i am not an expert on these things 

American Idiot and 21st Century Breakdown were released when there was no streaming service. At least not commercially successfull. Singles keep the album alive. Most listeners don't know when an album comes out. And with singles you can get attention and more potential buyers for the album. But since streaming is so powerful things have changed a lot.

2 minutes ago, pcj said:

I suppose it depends on which country you live in. The pre-album single I have is AI with Favorite Son. 2 months after album was a twin single release of BoBD, in two different colours and the cover figure pointing two different directions. One had Letterbomb live, the other She's A Rebel live.  Then I've got two more AI singles issued Nov 04, one with Too Much Too Soon and the other with Shoplifter and Governator. Then came singles Holiday, WMUWSE 2 versions again with BJ in two different directions, then JOS, all with additional live songs.

Thanks for this info! These are good examples. With the B-sides on each single you attract more listeners to buying singles, that they can get more music for the money. And since streaming this got quite obsolete, because you don't have to buy a CD anymore to listen to one track of a whole album.

4 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

No, Letterbomb was released online before the release of the album. I believe through greenday.net. It wasn’t an actual single.

• Like 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic