1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Don't stop, thinking about tomorrow

Don't stop, it'll soon be here

New Green Day album confirmed, by Fleetwood Mac.

Fleetwood Mac and Green Day doing a song together, THAT would pretty sweet and fit in with the 1972 album.   

And I know it's not the hipster choice, but I'd do some bad things to hear Green Day cover "Go You Own Way".  

• Like 1

I think GD has not only 1 but 2 albums nearly ready in their hands. This doesn't mean they won't make changes on them. What I'm trying to say is since Revrad they had plenty of time work on many songs ( I don't think FOAM took too much of their time). So I speculate that we will not be waiting 4-5 years to hear the next album after 'Not 1972'.

17 minutes ago, Reverend Strychnine Twitch said:

I think GD has not only 1 but 2 albums nearly ready in their hands. This doesn't mean they won't make changes on them. What I'm trying to say is since Revrad they had plenty of time work on many songs ( I don't think FOAM took too much of their time). So I speculate that we will not be waiting 4-5 years to hear the next album after 'Not 1972'.

Is there any sort of evidence or explanation for what you're saying? I mean, wouldn't the songs they wrote between RevRad and FOAMF all have been considered for FOAMF? What makes you think that the new album (or following album) will have songs from that period if they weren't released for FOAMF?

What is it that makes you think there are 2 albums worth of material coming out and what does that even mean since an album of material can range from under 30 minutes to over an hour? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

When this fucking album is coming out ??? Jesus its been sooo long since we know about the project.

This site is still working?  Wild.

Yeah, it's been a year, 2 months and 10 days since we began spending our free time speculating the 1972 project.  

I'm thinking October 6th, 2023.    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Songs written after RevRad became the Longshot 

Well, not The Last Time or Devil’s Kind and now we know not the melody to Kill Your Friends either.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Is there any sort of evidence or explanation for what you're saying? I mean, wouldn't the songs they wrote between RevRad and FOAMF all have been considered for FOAMF? What makes you think that the new album (or following album) will have songs from that period if they weren't released for FOAMF?

What is it that makes you think there are 2 albums worth of material coming out and what does that even mean since an album of material can range from under 30 minutes to over an hour? 

Oh, all my thoughts I share here are speculation. Just wishful thinking. I wish I had any evidence. I'm sorry if I confuse anyone. I may be totally wrong on what I think. These are just my feelings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, That Dude said:

I'm thinking October 6th, 2023.  

That's the day I'm getting married. That would be a great wedding gift from the guys!

• Like 4

If Billie wears his 1972 vest at the Innings Festival, we’ll know the title is still in play in some form. If not the album title, maybe at least a song, or a documentary of the making of the album.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

Well, not The Last Time or Devil’s Kind and now we know not the melody to Kill Your Friends either.

The Last Time and Devil’s Kind were written before RevRad. And it’s common for him to recycle melodies and ideas from unused songs but that doesn’t take away from the fact that KYF was written after RevRad. We were speaking specifically about the songs that were written since RevRad. They were used mostly for Longshot. I never said everything from Longshot was written after RevRad.

• Like 2

Fingers crossed "that dude" is in the lyrics.

Even if he only says "that" in a song, I will know in my heart that it's for me.   "That" will be enough.

• Haha 4

Will anyone bet that the word "that" WON'T be on the album?

I think this is our first non-speculative post.  Maybe. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, That Dude said:

Fingers crossed "that dude" is in the lyrics.

Even if he only says "that" in a song, I will know in my heart that it's for me.   "That" will be enough.

if 'dreamy' is in there I'll know he read that one IG message I sent in response to one of his stories once

• Like 1

After the Innings Festival, I feel like they have to announce something soon, because as of now, their next show is the Harley Davidson Festival in July, 5 months away!!! That’s a pretty big gap!!!

• Like 4

I still believe in the theory that they will play the Hella Mega setlist and then just before Good Riddance they play the first single of the new album as a surprise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flashback said:

I still believe in the theory that they will play the Hella Mega setlist and then just before Good Riddance they play the first single of the new album as a surprise.

Would be a pretty cool idea! 

I would only see something like that happening for a smaller scale album though... kind of like how they were debuting a lot of Trilogy stuff live (although that might have had more to do with the fact that there was just so much of it).

• Like 4

• AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic