1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

11 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Makes sense. We will have to keep following this. Between the 6 songs rumor and the album cover tease, I think there is something just what and when remains to be seen, but I am confident something is coming in the not too distant future.

And Mike wouldn’t just post this for no reason!!!

https://www.instagram.com/mikedirnt/p/CXCPTVYhSfP/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jetsrule128 said:

Where’s that thread on Reddit ? Don’t see it 

You mean this one?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

What hidden message do you think is behind that? 😂

Mike is so weird and random and his jokes and meanings are like… I’m like: “wtf?????” sometimes when he posts something because it’s so random 😆 

That story in Cuatro where Billie and Mike drop acid and are trying to buy cigarettes when they’re underage and Mike scared the shit out of Billie with his imagination and they’re both really weird so if you can out-weird Billie Joe and Tré? Jeeeeeez…

So I kinda don’t really try to read too much into Mike’s posts because… it might be impossible to get to that level for a lot of us 😆 

Mike is next level. I think he’s like a secret weapon or something.

Maybe the post is random or maybe we need a high level team to decipher it.

• Like 2

So Mike Dirt isn't out, that new drummer named Tre is. 

Cool.

Time for some new blood, at least 2 or 3 new members.

I don’t think it would be to soon per se for a new release, album or not. I mean, there’s nothing to say that they’ll stick to the 3-4 year gap between albums that they seem to have been doing ever since Nimrod (with the exception of the five years between AI and 21CB). Billie has even hinted at them wanting to release stuff more frequently. That said, what curbs my enthusiasm somewhat is the fact that they’re still ment to be touring all throughout next year’s summer. Then again, they might well have been getting a little impatient, especially seeing those gigs are two years delayed  already…

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

I don’t think it would be to soon per se for a new release, album or not. I mean, there’s nothing to say that they’ll stick to the 3-4 year gap between albums that they seem to have been doing ever since Nimrod (with the exception of the five years between AI and 21CB). Billie has even hinted at them wanting to release stuff more frequently. That said, what curbs my enthusiasm somewhat is the fact that they’re still ment to be touring all throughout next year’s summer. Then again, they might well have been getting a little impatient, especially seeing those gigs are two years delayed  already…

Has anyone ever released a new album in the middle of a tour for the previous album? And don’t forget, Insomniac was released only a year after Dookie!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jengd said:

I think they are really excellent at throwing us by announcing stuff nobody ever expects and I don’t see why album releases should be any different with these three creative loons.  Who predicted anything right in the last 30 years?  

“These three creative loons”

Exactly!

This! All of this this!

We are so lucky! Love them so much!!!!!!!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Flashback said:

guys look what I‘ve found, new album confirmed!

Sounds epic. And too real to be fake,  nobody would go to so much effort

I think the most likely scenario of the 6 songs recorded in UK will be a new BBC Sessions

But the new Sweet Children cover art is very intriguing! Hope it is unreleased stuff but I doubt they recorded very much back then it's not like they had the budget

Maybe a Gilman live vinyl or something.

• Like 1

I can't wait for them to cover songs off of 1000Smooth. Really dying to hear what Butch Walker does with them

9 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Why are you hurting me like this :cry:

Is it still too soon to laugh about our collective trauma?

• Haha 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic