1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

22 minutes ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Dreamcatcher!! I love that song even if we only have a live version from that soundchceck. I always hope they'll release a studio version of it...dosen't metter if under green day/longshot or what else...

DREAMCATCHER!!!!!!!! 

Does anyone from the Green Day team check these threads? If so, and if there is a Shenanigans B-Side Unreleased record coming: Dreamcatcher and Oh Girl please.

Or a new Longshot record I think those songs will fit nice on a Longshot record/set list.

Once again: request for Dreamcatcher for the most part.

Respectfully.

But mostly new songs please!

A Shenanigans type release could be alllllllllll of that and more!

• Love 2

I reckon there WILL be an EP/Album of new stuff in July, but before then there might be something. obviously this is all speculation and in the following idea I have, I am specifically reffering to the comp of old stuff idea I came up with ok:

Basically, Green Day have previously hinted here and there about the 'cutting room floor' and how they recently (relatively speaking) recovered Cigarettes and Valentines, and how there's another 10 or so unheard tracks recorded but not on Nimrod or Shenanigans, the various small clips of instrumentals from the trilogy, the other songs from FOAM (which I'm not particularly fussed about but I know I'm in the minority, so to speak) and, hell there's probably some Kerplunk! and Dookie session-stuff left over. I imagine this compilation project will be a double LP of unheard songs from previous albums, and the Beatles BBC sessions were released not long before Anthology. I think GD would have the guts to follow this move, but with that being said, this is all speculation and I don't wanna set any of y'all's expectations sky high.

Not a big fan of the "release old stuff and call it quits" approach. They might as well save that for when they're too old to go on tour/do anything new.

• Like 3

I mean, they obviously have amassed tons of unreleased stuff over their careers, so they could easily compile some of that, and this could be unreleased Sweet Children stuff too. As others have noted, there could be multiple things going on here, and there may well be new songs released and compilations of old leftover stuff released separately. 

7 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Not a big fan of the "release old stuff and call it quits" approach. They might as well save that for when they're too old to go on tour/do anything new.

I doubt it is just that. I am confident new stuff is coming. There is probably old stuff coming too. There are probably lots of different things coming. :) 

1 hour ago, DC77 said:

Todd apparently has a few unreleased songs gagged by green day so maybe there's a hint there, BJ didn't say it was a studio album, could be a great-sounding collection of unreleased very early songs. just a thought :)

How does Todd get such exclusive access LOL?

3 hours ago, GreenDayItaly said:

Well...on BJ's Insta story. Lets the speculation beggin

264598719_451759446518471_36619718934496

When this was first posted I could only see the top of Billie's and Mike's heads, and I thought they were kissing. Then I opened the whole pic and was disappointed LOL (not really, it's a great pic and would be a great album cover, especially if they do a release of Sweet Children stuff).

Do you reckon that whatever they release, they'll include any of the stuff we got after FOAMF? Like Pollyanna, Holy Toledo (and maybe HCTS... I could do without that one)

14 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

How does Todd get such exclusive access LOL?

Unfortunately GDC doesn't allow posting graphic content

• Haha 4

The July thing was because touring the album then will be lucrative plus they can hype it all up for the record. also I hope my lengthy fanfic-esque speculation didn't seem odd at all. I'm rly appreciative of all the info I'm getting as well. thanks everyone :)

• Like 1

That sweet children photo is old  is on a Google image search I've been using it as a CD cover a long time. They wouldn't record new songs for a release at the bbc it would be tracks used for radio purposes since it's you know the bbc not an actual recording studio to record albums

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DC77 said:

The July thing was because touring the album then will be lucrative plus they can hype it all up for the record. also I hope my lengthy fanfic-esque speculation didn't seem odd at all. I'm rly appreciative of all the info I'm getting as well. thanks everyone :)

Got it.  They can still tour and promote an album all spring and summer if it gets released Feb-May. July just seems late for promotion.  You want to give fans a chance to get to know the new songs a little before hearing them live for the first time. But it’s all speculation at this point anyway.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

That sweet children photo is old  is on a Google image search I've been using it as a CD cover a long time. They wouldn't record new songs for a release at the bbc it would be tracks used for radio purposes since it's you know the bbc not an actual recording studio to record albums

Jokes on you I have a curbing-of-enthusiasum kink

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nopride84 said:

For all we know, they could’ve recorded stuff at Abbey Road

2 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

If the 6 songs post is to be believed, sounds like sooner than later.

And again, it’s like that time Billie told that fan about FOAM, and it turned out to be correct!!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The Network was amazing too. Side projects rock

Oh yeah! The Network too! There’s been so much goodness over the past couple of years. 

I’m not going to think about HCTS or Pollyanna as a new direction or anything like that. They were one off singles - nice little bonuses. Not whole projects.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Agreed. I highly doubt they would tease things 6+ months in advance. 

Almost 10 years ago, I think they announced the Trilogy some time around April and ¡UNO! came out at the end of September.

• Surprised 1

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Almost 10 years ago, I think they announced the Trilogy some time around April and ¡UNO! came out at the end of September.

I think it’s different times now though. Like how the Longshot had teases and EPs on SoundCloud? And how easy it is to drop singles and EPs now.

I don’t think they would tease too far in advance these days but who is to know for sure…

I don’t think so though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

That's still only about five months LOL. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

That's still only about five months LOL. 

And thinking more about it, I think Billie tweeted on New Year’s Day that year that it was the “year of Green Day” or something like that. And then about a few weeks later, he announced they were in the studio

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And thinking more about it, I think Billie tweeted on New Year’s Day that year that it was the “year of Green Day” or something like that. And then about a few weeks later, he announced they were in the studio

Makes sense. We will have to keep following this. Between the 6 songs rumor and the album cover tease, I think there is something just what and when remains to be seen, but I am confident something is coming in the not too distant future.

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic