1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

22 hours ago, That Dude said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/billie-joe-armstrong-green-day-my-life-937805/

What song is Billie talking about when he said he recently finished one that started in 1993?  

It may be one he hasn’t released yet, but this is an example of what I was talking about when I said I think he’s reluctant to release old outtakes because he uses them as spare parts still.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It may be one he hasn’t released yet, but this is an example of what I was talking about when I said I think he’s reluctant to release old outtakes because he uses them as spare parts still.

Although we got State of Shock on Demolicious (the “singing out the alphabet” line was reused in Angel Blue)

And I remember hearing 30 songs were recorded for Nimrod

I always hope for something related to C&V to come out but i know thats never happening..... but i will always be excited for what the boys have next

9 hours ago, Banjodewulf2247 said:

I always hope for something related to C&V to come out but i know thats never happening..... but i will always be excited for what the boys have next

Maybe they release something for the 20th anniversary of those sessions in 2023. Mike did say they still have the backups but they’re not the same quality of the original recordings

22 hours ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Why do I suddenly feel like Tre hosting a cooking show would be extremely entertaining? 🤣

This might be one of the best things that doesn’t exist yet. I hope he does this very soon and starts his own YouTube cooking channel.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

This might be one of the best things that doesn’t exist yet. I hope he does this very soon and starts his own YouTube cooking channel.

What kinds of things do you think he would cook? 🤣

On 12/20/2021 at 6:10 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Imagine if it’s another trilogy? An album for each of their birthdays!!!!

THIS WOULD BE THE BEST!!!!!!!

PLEASE LORD LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER TRILOGY WITH SO MANY SONGS AND DIFFERENT KINDS OF SONGS AND THERE’S SO MUCH FREEDOM IN SOUNDS AND SONGWRITING AND THERE’S THREE NEW RECORDS WITH ALL THE BSIDES UNRELEASED AND NEW ALL AT ONCE!

That would be great. Sorry for all the yelling. It’s a very exciting idea. I hope 2022 brings an awesome trilogy record.

4 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

What kinds of things do you think he would cook? 🤣

Inappropriately shaped cookies.

• Haha 3

Happy Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if we will be blessed with Green Day stuff! OMG so cool if they if they dropped a little album teaser or something a song clip on Instagram or something.

Or a video of Tré decorating cookies on his new YouTube cooking channel while talking about the new Green Day project ❤️ 

Hopefully the Tré YouTube cooking show chatting and dropping hints about the 1972 project.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Surprised we haven't gotten more hints yet. Maybe it's further off than we thought.

Maybe they’re waiting until the new year

1 hour ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Happy Christmas everyone!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if we will be blessed with Green Day stuff! OMG so cool if they if they dropped a little album teaser or something a song clip on Instagram or something.

Or a video of Tré decorating cookies on his new YouTube cooking channel while talking about the new Green Day project ❤️ 

Hopefully the Tré YouTube cooking show chatting and dropping hints about the 1972 project.

Can you post a link to his cooking channel?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe they’re waiting until the new year

It's a joke. We were talking about how much fun it would be if Tre did a cooking show. 🤣 So far he has not though. Probably busy with other things LOL. I do hope he reads this and takes it under consideration though.

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

58 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

It's a joke. We were talking about how much fun it would be if Tre did a cooking show. 🤣 So far he has not though. Probably busy with other things LOL. I do hope he reads this and takes it under consideration though.

It started as a joke and turned into a real wish and want and then a need. I would love to post the link to Tre’s YouTube cooking channel when it exists! We basically made it up on this thread. Hopefully he’ll see the posts and get a plan together to make it happen ❤️ even just an Instagram story of making inappropriately shaped cookies to go with the inappropriate mug he got Billie a couple of years ago: that’s more than enough quality content for a hit home cooking/baking show = ATTENTION TRÉ COOL THE PEOPLE HAVE MADE IT CLEAR WHAT SHOULD AND NEEDS TO BE DONE. FIRST SHOW BASICALLY SKETCHED OUT. IMPROV THE REST YOU’RE A TRUE TALENT AND SHINING STAR YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

It started as a joke and turned into a real wish and want and then a need. I would love to post the link to Tre’s YouTube cooking channel when it exists! We basically made it up on this thread. Hopefully he’ll see the posts and get a plan together to make it happen ❤️ even just an Instagram story of making inappropriately shaped cookies to go with the inappropriate mug he got Billie a couple of years ago: that’s more than enough quality content for a hit home cooking/baking show = ATTENTION TRÉ COOL THE PEOPLE HAVE MADE IT CLEAR WHAT SHOULD AND NEEDS TO BE DONE. FIRST SHOW BASICALLY SKETCHED OUT. IMPROV THE REST YOU’RE A TRUE TALENT AND SHINING STAR YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!

Such a debate which emoji to use for this post 😂😂❤️❤️

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, Virginia Lot Lizard said:

Wait, I need to know more about this inappropriate mug. 🤣

I like the theory of this ep or lp being released on bja's bday, but that's sort of a while away so I doubt the London studio teaser is the only teaser we are getting UNLESS the release is closer than speculated. So I'll throw my prediction out right now: if it's a full LP we'll get it in Feb. If it's just an EP with six songs we'll get it sooner. I know the fella who ran into bja mentioned specifically six songs, but that could have just been the ones they were done with, right?

• Like 3

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

7 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I like the theory of this ep or lp being released on bja's bday, but that's sort of a while away so I doubt the London studio teaser is the only teaser we are getting UNLESS the release is closer than speculated. So I'll throw my prediction out right now: if it's a full LP we'll get it in Feb. If it's just an EP with six songs we'll get it sooner. I know the fella who ran into bja mentioned specifically six songs, but that could have just been the ones they were done with, right?

I think if the album were to be out in February, I think we would’ve had a single by now. Or for all we know, that single could’ve been Holy Toledo

On 12/22/2021 at 11:50 PM, Banjodewulf2247 said:

They played the song Cigarettes and Valentines during the latter half of the 2010 NA/SA amphitheater tour. Wasn't half bad, either, and it was included on AAF. Just based on that, I'd like to have heard other stuff off of C&V, but if the masters were "lost", "stolen", thrown away, never actually recorded, whatever, it seems unlikely that they'd revisit a 20-year-old album that went in the trash because they weren't happy with it to begin with.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tre's Busted Drumkit said:

They played the song Cigarettes and Valentines during the latter half of the 2010 NA/SA amphitheater tour. Wasn't half bad, either, and it was included on AAF. Just based on that, I'd like to have heard other stuff off of C&V, but if the masters were "lost", "stolen", thrown away, never actually recorded, whatever, it seems unlikely that they'd revisit a 20-year-old album that went in the trash because they weren't happy with it to begin with.

Totally agree. I think all that songs were released as the Network, foxboro, Green day b sides or other albums (walk away)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gonzalo17 said:

Totally agree. I think all that songs were released as the Network, foxboro, Green day b sides or other albums (walk away)

I think Youngblood was also a C&V song

30 minutes ago, Tre's Busted Drumkit said:

it seems unlikely that they'd revisit a 20-year-old album

You know... I never even thought about the fact that this was 20 years ago and now I feel really old. Ouch. 

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic