1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

13 hours ago, PalmTreesAndGuitars said:

He said this on Oakland Coffee House: “I’m looking forward to my next birthday. I expect to get a lot of presents. Hint hint.”

Birthday release seems likely 

https://coffeehouse.oaklandcoffee.com/morning-roasts/morning-roast-billie-joe-armstrong

Yeah, that's what I was referring too. I have a feeling there will be a release around that time.

13 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Imagine if it’s another trilogy? An album for each of their birthdays!!!!

You might be onto something LOL.

What if...

The Febuary, May and December Trilogy?

A full color photo of the guys on the front, smiling like a Nimrod.

Each album will have it's own ebb and flow, as in there won't be a Happy one, sad one, classic one, etc.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, jengd said:

I’ll eat my hat if they release another trilogy. 😂😂

Were you one of those people who ate their copy of Nimrod for some reason?  

That cd is so strong, it probably still plays in your belly.

But don't eat hats or cds. 

They are hard to chew.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Were you one of those people who ate their copy of Nimrod for some reason?  

That cd is so strong, it probably still plays in your belly.

But don't eat hats or cds. 

They are hard to chew.

No, not me.  I have a chocolate hat being made as we speak 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/20/2021 at 12:40 PM, Sanity Loan said:

Green Day have done EPs before (1,000 Hours in 1989 and Slappy in 1990) but they've never been an EP-heavy band so I'm intrigued by the material that will be on this one. Will they feel "album quality" or will they be fun, little one-offs? They've always seemed to be a band that values a 10+ song collection, labelled as an album, which the songs have a connection between them, ranging from a loose theme or a tightly-coupled story line. I'm super interested to see which direction this takes.

We're seemingly in uncharted territory with the band likely to now have more say and control over what they release and when they release it. It's going to be exciting to see how they execute that and how it plays out.

Agreed. They aren't really an EP band, with the only EPs coming at the beginning of their career. The only way I see them doing EPs is if they break up an album into three EPs to release around their respective birthdays as others have suggested and then stick the whole thing together for one album.

So what’s up with Miley? It seems they’re performing with her, then there’s the New Years thingy… possibly a collab? Falloutboyesque if true.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

So what’s up with Miley? It seems they’re performing with her, then there’s the New Years thingy… possibly a collab? Falloutboyesque if true.

It seems they are performing with her at the Super Bowl music fest (we were all just talking about it in that thread). Some people suggested they are just on the same day but the advertising seems to suggest they are performing together. Not sure about New Year's; she is the host but I am not sure what else is going on between them there, especially since that one seems to be just Billie and not the whole band. At any rate, they are spending a lot of time with Miley and I would not be surprised if they do eventually collaborate on a song. 

I’ve never been a fan but I have heard her recent album and buts of it were ok I think , been a while.  You never know til you hear collaborations but Billie and Miles may sound ok together if something along those lines was going on.

13 hours ago, That Dude said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/billie-joe-armstrong-green-day-my-life-937805/

What song is Billie talking about when he said he recently finished one that started in 1993?   

If it took him 27 years to write "I was a teenage teenager".....that's cool, I guess.    

Oh god I hope it didn't take 27 years for Billie to write the worst green day song

• Like 1

I just want a studio version of Dreamcatcher. Please. I still don’t know how it didn’t make it onto the Trilogy.

Maybe they’re waiting to do another Shenanigans or something.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

I can't view this. What is it?

The most random mushroom 

Edited by Juliajk

29 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I think Tré left the band to chase his dreams and releases a cookbook with the best mushroom dishes of 2021 🤔

Why do I suddenly feel like Tre hosting a cooking show would be extremely entertaining? 🤣

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic