1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Maddie86 said:

So I liked the clip from the RAK video, but I'm a little suspicious since Billie didn't record this with blonde hair 😂 maybe he only has to have blonde hair when he records in America lol...

Anyways, if they release 6 songs I really hope they do something on vinyl with them, like a one sided 12" or something. I'm guessing it'll be too long for a 7"

And plus he didn’t shave his beard either

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michael1989 said:

*Butch Walker has entered the chat*

Although since they recorded in London, I’m sure it’s a British producer

39 minutes ago, amsterdamn said:

Maybe they are just recording demos? 

Nah, they could’ve just used Otis for that

• Like 1

The year 2022 is "an uncharted territory" for Green Day (quote from Sanity Loan due to my limited vocabulary).

They seemed very happy at the shows (going to Paris show next year, with my sister!), and I am happy for them. 

I wonder, if the EP will be more uplifting than "sad GD mode ON"? Not carelessly uplifting like Trilogy or FOAM, more like Revolution Radio-like, but with more deviation from standard sound? So exciting to speculate as it is getting closer!

• Like 3

The "Casablanca" connection is an intriguing one, maybe they'll be a 40s Hollywood tinge to the promotional stuff or something. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DC77 said:

The "Casablanca" connection is an intriguing one, maybe they'll be a 40s Hollywood tinge to the promotional stuff or something. 

I feel like it has to be related to their childhood, too much coincidence with that random phrase on Tre's post and the repeated reference to 1972. 

• Like 4

On 12/19/2021 at 11:06 AM, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Just listened to that tease and love it! Sounds like some good hard rock. I think the 1972 is a reference of course to the year they were all born but also specifically to Billie's birthday. He did suggest earlier that something big was coming for his birthday, and I have a feeling this is it.

He said this on Oakland Coffee House: “I’m looking forward to my next birthday. I expect to get a lot of presents. Hint hint.”

Birthday release seems likely 

https://coffeehouse.oaklandcoffee.com/morning-roasts/morning-roast-billie-joe-armstrong

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PalmTreesAndGuitars said:

He said this on Oakland Coffee House: “I’m looking forward to my next birthday. I expect to get a lot of presents. Hint hint.”

Birthday release seems likely 

https://coffeehouse.oaklandcoffee.com/morning-roasts/morning-roast-billie-joe-armstrong

Yeah I assumed he meant a release when he said that. The 1972 thing kinda confirms it imo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

I doubt they went to London to record anything less than “album quality” songs. I’m also optimistic this will be a full LP, not an EP.

Any chance of the post-FOAMF releases being on the album? Could do without HCTS but Holy Toledo is good, and Pollyanna's alright too

• Like 2

Honestly, I don’t care how the music will sound like, if it’s an EP, an LP, a concept album or a party extravaganza, and I know this might be very controversial but, please, please… #keepthebeard 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Can't wait asking for leaks all around GDC until a big red banner show up telling us we can't ask for leak link

Funny how Link is your profile pic! 😆

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Any chance of the post-FOAMF releases being on the album? Could do without HCTS but Holy Toledo is good, and Pollyanna's alright too

I hope not. As much as I love the last two you mentioned, give us something new.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Imagine if it’s another trilogy? An album for each of their birthdays!!!!

If this happens OMG YESSSSSSS!!!!!!

• Like 2

I don’t know if they’d want to release an EP for each of their birthdays since not only is it reminiscent of the Trilogy (a failed project) but in 2022 Weezer is doing something very similar, releasing an EP for every season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t know if they’d want to release an EP for each of their birthdays since not only is it reminiscent of the Trilogy (a failed project) but in 2022 Weezer is doing something very similar, releasing an EP for every season.

I still think the only reason it failed was because of Billie’s rehab

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I still think the only reason it failed was because of Billie’s rehab

Billie has also spoken a few times about how he wasn't in a great place mentally when making the Trilogy, so I don't know if he would want to put himself in a similar position again.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Billie has also spoken a few times about how he wasn't in a great place mentally when making the Trilogy, so I don't know if he would want to put himself in a similar position again.

Yeah that makes sense. 

13 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Nice to see some realistic expectations here of a 6 track EP instead of some 18 track orchestrated operatic masterpiece 

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Imagine if it’s another trilogy? An album for each of their birthdays!!!!

😁

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

• AlissaGoesRAWR changed the title to 1972 project speculation thread
  • AlissaGoesRAWR locked this topic
  • BeachBum unlocked this topic