NEW Green Day Song "Holy Toledo!" out Friday (5th Nov)

GuitarPunk94

9 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

More likely than not is a FOAM leftover too, but you never know!

I bet it’s not, most of those came out on the Network album and two years on they seem pretty far removed from those songs by choice.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Title and artwork are cool! Can't wait :banana: 

And it's another random Ohio reference (along with "when the nuclear bomb landed in Ohio") @AlissaGoesRAWR :lol: 

Didn't Billie also used to come up with like random Cleveland references too (not in songs, but just like in general)? Man has a strange obsession with Ohio LOL. 

43 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I bet it’s not, most of those came out on the Network album and two years on they seem pretty far removed from those songs by choice.

I hope you’re right! HCTS and the randomness of it has me pessimistic, but I should look on the bright side

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I hope you’re right! HCTS and the randomness of it has me pessimistic, but I should look on the bright side

Lately I find the anticipation is the best part so I’m just enjoying this time between announcement and release, come what may 🙂

The band might have been asked for a certain kind of sound if it's for a movie? Could be something completely different depending on what they were asked for? 

• Like 2

For some reason the name of the song makes me laugh. I picture Tre saying it in a funny voice or something. Hopeful it will end up being a good song though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michael1989 said:

I’m no fan of FOAM. But it was more interesting and enjoyable than HCTS and Pollyanna. 

FOAM had some songs that were better and some worse songs imo. But I don't get why people think that Pollyanna is like leagues ahead of everything on FOAM

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

map-of-ohio-meme.jpg

I live in Lower Ohio, bordering on bordering Florida. 

I hope we get sword fights and alligators in a Green Day video.  if so, I called it! 

• Haha 2

Will it ever be performed live though?  

That is the question.  

I know everybody on here wants Good Riddance to be replaced with HERE COMES THE SHOCK.     I hope Holy Toledo replaces a big hit as well.  ;) 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 3

Oh wow this thread totally reminded me that here comes the shock was a song, I totally forgot about it. Hopefully this new song isn't as forgettable

I hope this song is slow.  

A slow Country burner that makes you want to slap a cow, but not too hard.  

• Haha 1

Well, Pollyanna was better than HCTS, so I hope this one is good too. I'm still a little scared, though! 😅

• Like 1

Pinching oneself is a form of self abuse... is there another non abusive and non invasive way to check it something is reality?

Pollyanna is an amazing song, I am looking forward to new FREEDOM GIVEN music by them.     The DARK AGES OF GREEN DAY is what I think I would call the earlier collection. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

The title has me very pessimistic

Same. (Source: I live in Toledo.) 😂

Kidding, I'm excited, and I can't wait for the secret show they're obviously going to play here. (Again, kidding. I legitimately couldn't think of a venue in this useless city for such an event!) 

• Like 3