BBC Sessions double LP coming December 10

pacejunkie punk

Is there a parental advisory sticker on the cd?  The vinyl doesn't have one but on spotify, it's on the artwork.

Are there edited versions? Billie Joe developes Potty 👄 5 songs in, haha.

They probably didn't include one of my lies or scattered simply because they wanted to keep it four songs to each side of the vinyl

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

They probably didn't include one of my lies or scattered simply because they wanted to keep it four songs to each side of the vinyl

Insomniac side has 5, since Brain Stew and Jaded are two songs

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Church On Sunday with the sax should have been the official version

Yes, I love it so much! This was always one of my favorite Green Day songs and now I love it even more. ❤️ 

I just listened to it and first off all: wow great quality, great mixing! 😍

But did GD have a second guitarist before Jason White? Even on the older songs you hear a second guitar 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

I just listened to it and first off all: wow great quality, great mixing! 😍

But did GD have a second guitarist before Jason White? Even on the older songs you hear a second guitar 🤔

I think the liner notes said something about minimal overdubbing so even though they recorded live, they still may have added a guitar or vocal track here and there where needed

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think the liner notes said something about minimal overdubbing so even though they recorded live, they still may have added a guitar or vocal track here and there where needed

Ah okay thanks! Thought about that!

• Like 1

So...who was playing the trumpet on Minority? I'm sure they overdubbed to have Billie Joe singing on top of the harmonica, but I don't remember ever seeing anyone play trumpet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tre's Busted Drumkit said:

So...who was playing the trumpet on Minority? I'm sure they overdubbed to have Billie Joe singing on top of the harmonica, but I don't remember ever seeing anyone play trumpet.

Ronnie Blake? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tre's Busted Drumkit said:

Nimrod tour has had trumpetists live for KFAD,  maybe the same person was still with them in this bbc session

• Like 2

On 12/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, Alf said:

Insomniac side has 5, since Brain Stew and Jaded are two songs

Right but as evidence on the CD it's one track

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Currently ranked- Album Sales-35 Current Album Sales- 23 Top Rock Albums- 33 Alternative Albums-18 Tastemakers- 13 Also hit 79 on the German Album list, 27 on the Hungarian album list, 27 on the Scottish album list, and 44 on the UK album list.

Those sound like pretty good rankings.

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

Currently ranked- Album Sales-35 Current Album Sales- 23 Top Rock Albums- 33 Alternative Albums-18 Tastemakers- 13 Also hit 79 on the German Album list, 27 on the Hungarian album list, 27 on the Scottish album list, and 44 on the UK album list.

Any Billboard 200 ranking?

• Like 1

No, not in the top 200. And sorry if anything I post looks weird, this site is still showing as a jumbled mess for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Montclare said:

No, not in the top 200. And sorry if anything I post looks weird, this site is still showing as a jumbled mess for me.

All my devices say DANGER, this site is hacking you.

But I'm like Billie Joe....

I want to get ripped ooooof

and drown in the airwaves.

After listening to this a few times, I love most of it. But I've always loved the grungier sound of the older songs as opposed to the cleaner-sounding album tracks. One thing that really stands out is that it seems like they had a proper long and crazy version of Minority there, and it was cut down and mixed together in the interest of time. We still don't have a clean recording of a longer Minority, aside from maybe the 2004 AOL sessions that sound like crap today, and that song gains so much more from its live embellishments than any other GD song does.

• Like 4

On 12/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, Gonzalo17 said:

Kerplunk 30 anniversary and they took away one of my lies from the album...

They should stick Stray Hearts on it since it never got a vinyl release.

That's the best song on Kerplunk, what are they thinking?

• Like 1