BBC Sessions double LP coming December 10

pacejunkie punk

Love that it includes Nimrod and Warning tracks we don't hear live often.

The rest though.  It's like the band is spinning this narrative that THESE specific hits are the best the band has to offer and should therefore be on 100 Billion compilations.   Lol. 

But that's the way the world is.  They are hits for a reason, and this looks pretty awesome 

• Like 2

Just pre-ordered the CD.  They removed the Woodstock album from Spotify at some point and that strategy worked on me.  I think I'm gonna want to keep this and not worry they could take it down in a year.  Evil bastards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Indie exclusive up for pre-order at 1234Go 

7ae14cf157deb92d4ea94de2c086970433c6dc80

From Green Day 

6f3333c7118db90971d14b6a80df45428005b578

dcce1639786eff909bb58eb392573dd6ad1dd2b0

From Jason White

f00e1b420dd263c9cfa2ab7b9071f83fbffa9eb9

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Weird they didn't include the 1998 recordings of Scattered and One of My Lies.

If I remember right I think people on this forum has debunked OOML to be from the 1994 sessions cause the announcer voice is the same as the one from the start of When I Come Around from the 94 session 

as far as why they didn’t include them could be GD didn’t purchase the license for them (as BBC owns the right to their sessions) as they did the other songs or maybe BBC didn’t keep the recordings as they were known to destroy full recordings after a while and making back up to only those they will use  (a practice that they stopped doing when they moved to digital recording) or maybe GD didn’t like those recordings and kept em off 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

If I remember right I think people on this forum has debunked OOML to be from the 1994 sessions cause the announcer voice is the same as the one from the start of When I Come Around from the 94 session 

as far as why they didn’t include them could be GD didn’t purchase the license for them (as BBC owns the right to their sessions) as they did the other songs or maybe BBC didn’t keep the recordings as they were known to destroy full recordings after a while and making back up to only those they will use  (a practice that they stopped doing when they moved to digital recording) or maybe GD didn’t like those recordings and kept em off 

I just listened to them and they both sound so good (especially hearing an old track like OOML done so tight and dookified) that it’s a shame they were left off. But I wonder if it was for the simple reason that they didn’t have clean live tracks of those two because here you can see these are the only two tracks that have the DJ talking over them either at the beginning or the end.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WhiteTim said:

I thought the BBC stopped their wiping policy in the 70's and have archived everything since then? There are still lost episodes of Doctor Who due to this practice. Although I could be wrong and that only applied to TV.

58 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I just listened to them and they both sound so good (especially hearing an old track like OOML done so tight and dookified) that it’s a shame they were left off. But I wonder if it was for the simple reason that they didn’t have clean live tracks of those two because here you can see these are the only two tracks that have the DJ talking over them either at the beginning or the end.

Could be that or... Bonus tracks??? (Japan or Digital)

53 minutes ago, Moriarty said:

I thought the BBC stopped their wiping policy in the 70's and have archived everything since then? There are still lost episodes of Doctor Who due to this practice. Although I could be wrong and that only applied to TV.

Maybe it’s just the masters then? Cause I remember Mudhoney and Nirvana’s camp saying they had to use whatever BBC had cause they recorded over the masters as soon as they did the mixdowns 

Mudhoney’s Mark Arm had talked about once how they’d record their John Peel sets they would then get mixed and they’d take the reel reload them and record another band on them he also mentioned while promoting their BBC sessions release that a few songs were cassette sourced cause BBC no longer had copies of songs they didn’t air 

Maybe it could be different setup for each show?

• Like 1

And they are releasing a song a week until the release like that Billie Joe fellow with his No Freaking Fun Mondays Thingamajig.  

• Like 3

Just listened to this version of 2,000 Light Years Away on Spotify and I think I like it even better than the original album version. It has a certain richness to it, especially in the drums, like the acoustics were really good in the place they performed it. 

f116a2bd019ae1b56417bfbf2652461c36000c8b

f513d6d552716c4d2af628236f3d284a319cb412

Here's a link to the article 

https://www.altpress.com/reviews/green-day-bbc-sessions-oakland-coffee/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-altpress&utm_content=later-21749353&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio#

It starts with only being able to buy the singles with a coffee subscription and ends talking about the new album

• Like 2

Really looking forward to hearing how the Warning tracks sound on this album. Couple of my favourite tracks in there

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Fuck I love this BBC Session
The sound is amazing and Billie Joe voice is perfect

• Like 1