Billie Joe Biography

xerixio

Keep in mind this is still very much a work in progress and I'm currently out of motivation to keep going.

https://www.wattpad.com/1135516990-legendary-chapter-one-dookie-days

Once this chapter is completely done, it'll have everything up to Dookie and it's success. Right now it's just kind of the layout I want it to be in. 

Let me know if I should add anything! Lord knows some of y'all have been around a lot longer than me.

• Like 1

Is this a wind up or no? If no, you have a lot of incorrect info in there (almost perfectly one thing per paragraph, hence thinking it might be a wind up :P). I can tell you the incorrect stuff if you want.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hermione said:

Is this a wind up or no? If no, you have a lot of incorrect info in there (almost perfectly one thing per paragraph, hence thinking it might be a wind up :P). I can tell you the incorrect stuff if you want.

This is mainly just the structure it'll follow, but if you could help me that'd be great.

24 minutes ago, xerixio said:

This is mainly just the structure it'll follow, but if you could help me that'd be great.

I would maybe have a look at his wikipedia page just to make sure you have the basic details correct. A few things: he was born in 1972, in Rodeo, the song was called "Look For Love", that story about him locking himself in his room and saying "wake me up when september ends" is confirmed fake, it was his mother who gave him the famous guitar Blue, it's spelled "Dirnt", it's "John" Kiffmeyer, and Dookie only won one Grammy.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, xerixio said:

Keep in mind this is still very much a work in progress and I'm currently out of motivation to keep going.

https://www.wattpad.com/1135516990-legendary-chapter-one-dookie-days

Once this chapter is completely done, it'll have everything up to Dookie and it's success. Right now it's just kind of the layout I want it to be in. 

Let me know if I should add anything! Lord knows some of y'all have been around a lot longer than me.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source either. If you’re really gonna do this, I suggest you do real research of trusted sources like authors do for biographies. 

(And he was born in Richmond, not Rodeo. His family moved to Rodeo when he was about three. So yeah, that’s why you have to research)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hermione said:

I would maybe have a look at his wikipedia page just to make sure you have the basic details correct. A few things: he was born in 1972, in Rodeo, the song was called "Look For Love", that story about him locking himself in his room and saying "wake me up when september ends" is confirmed fake, it was his mother who gave him the famous guitar Blue, it's spelled "Dirnt", it's "John" Kiffmeyer, and Dookie only won one Grammy.

I've seen so many youtubers mention the fake WMUWSE story

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Howard Stern even brought it up when they played WMUWSE on his show last time,  could not believe it. Billie didn't say anything probably because he didn't want to embarass him.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

Howard Stern even brought it up when they played WMUWSE on his show last time,  could not believe it. Billie didn't say anything probably because he didn't want to embarass him.

He’s been very… blasé about facts when on Sterns show. Makes me kinda mad. Like call the dude out, BJ! Tell him he’s wrong! 

(sorry been watching/reading about Britney Spears and I’m all feisty 😈)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Yeah it's all over the place unfortunately, can't blame anyone for not being aware it's fake.

17 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Where is the true WMUWSE story?
I would be grateful if someone could tell me 🙏

3 minutes ago, mao said:

The true story is his father passed in September. That’s the basis for the song. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, mao said:

He talks more about his childhood and his fathers' passing in his Audible "Word + Music" podcast. It's on YouTube.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The true story is his father passed in September. That’s the basis for the song. 

2 minutes ago, Squashie said:

He talks more about his childhood and his fathers' passing in his Audible "Word + Music" podcast. It's on YouTube.

Thank you so much for both of you!! ☺️

• Like 1

When I 1st started getting into GD it was difficult to find the actual date of the anniversary of his fathers' passing because there was at least 5 wrong dates that I saw- 10 Sept being the most quoted red herring as that's what's in the AI lyric booklet. And for some time I thought that She was written about 80- it was not. 

I don't blame anyone for being convinced that She is about 80 or Billie's dad died 10 Sept. 

• Like 1