Coverups in Las Vegas After Life is Beautiful [Speculation]

Big Neil

The Coverups and Kevin Preston and Greg Schneider have all dropped a hint that the Coverups are in Vegas and the clue of Double Down Saloon being the venue have been specifically hinted. Maybe it’s something or maybe it’s nothing. It would be weird and not build any goodwill to drop all these hints and it be nothing. Green Day and team usually do not collectively drop hints like this and it end up being nothing. Billie Joe does that once in a while (Example: Foxboro Hot Tub teases 😢) but I don’t think three or more of them together would prank us like that.

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

It’s possible they played a show that wasn’t public.

If that was true then why post about it and tell us at all? The Coverups account, Greg and Kevin all dropped the venue name.  I agree they could have rented the place out for a private party but it seems douchy to tease it. And if they did, you would think someone who was there would have leaked a photo or video like has been done at private parties in the past. It’s weird to have such clues dropped and no sign of any event at all

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, jengd said:

Who knows, right now it could be down to staff testing positive and them backing away from the whole thing 🤷🏽‍♀️

That’s true. With shows back on its easy to forget about those things. That’s why I’m hoping they return to doing shows at The Golden Bull where they can better control the rules and environment.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If that was true then why post about it and tell us at all? The Coverups account, Greg and Kevin all dropped the venue name.  I agree they could have rented the place out for a private party but it seems douchy to tease it. And if they did, you would think someone who was there would have leaked a photo or video like has been done at private parties in the past. It’s weird to have such clues dropped and no sign of any event at all

You’re right, but at this point it doesn’t look like it’s still happening

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

I don't think it's ever been a deliberate "prank", more just that they were planning to do something or considering doing something and it ended up not being possible for whatever unforseen reasons. After the very first FBHT tour they'd hinted they'd come to the UK and didn't, but it was later confirmed it was only because they got ill after the US tour (plus in that case they did play a show here a year and a half later). With spur of the moment/short notice shows slotted into a busy schedule I'm sure there's all kinds of reasons plans for them can fall through, and because they're short notice they pretty much have to hint before it's completely certain or there wouldn't be any time to hint at all.

Wise words. 

6 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

True!

6 hours ago, jengd said:

Who knows, right now it could be down to staff testing positive and them backing away from the whole thing 🤷🏽‍♀️

Also true!

4 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

You’re right, but at this point it doesn’t look like it’s still happening

I’m still holding out hope but not going to be too disappointed if it doesn’t happen. If it’s actually not happening hopefully  they might take down the posts. I’m still holding onto a lot of hope 😆 

Edited by PonyboyCurtis
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, jengd said:

Well at least the positive is that we know they want to be playing so no doubt they will pop up again if and when possible.

That is a beautiful conclusion for this whole thing ❤️ Legit smiling right now :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Well at least the positive is that we know they want to be playing so no doubt they will pop up again if and when possible.

That's the spirit!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, jengd said:

I know, I can’t help being positive about stuff and it’s a pain in the neck for most people, it’s just how I am. 😁

I love your positivity! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

• Hermione changed the title to Coverups in Las Vegas After Life is Beautiful [Speculation]