My Friend Opened for Green Day at the Brass Mug (January 29, 1993)

Waste

Wow this is pretty cool! I'd be freaking out if I found out one of my friends opened up for a band like Green Day! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 4

Cool story! Dookie came out a year later (not weeks as he remembers it) but this was captured during that window when it became clear they needed a major label to get them into venues that could accommodate their growing audiences (and distribute more records). Their trajectory was headed up, up, up.

• Like 3

• Waste changed the title to My Friend Opened for Green Day at the Brass Mug (January 29, 1993)
1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Cool story! Dookie came out a year later (not weeks as he remembers it) but this was captured during that window when it became clear they needed a major label to get them into venues that could accommodate their growing audiences (and distribute more records). Their trajectory was headed up, up, up.

Yeah I saw on GDA that when Green Day was gaining popularity my friend's band lost all popularity and broke up, lol.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

It’s funny when you think about it, because you always hear stories of how many people were inspired to start bands because of Green Day, you don’t hear as many stories from the people that heard them and said Welp, and packed it in 😄 I wonder what the ratio is of bands that quit versus bands that started.

lol yeah

Edited by Waste
Typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Wow this is pretty cool! I'd be freaking out if I found out one of my friends opened up for a band like Green Day! Thanks for sharing!

No problem! I saw that you are a GDA staff member, if you want to they played 2,000 light years away for an incomplete Setlist!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, amberwhite said:

Wow! I remember Dogs on Ice!  I have them on a cassette somewhere. I loved "Malajusted ".

That's so cool!