"Pollyanna" - NEW SONG

Sanity Loan

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

But honestly the song is really good!
I hated HCTS and then when I saw the same Green Day font I was scare.
But no it's sound a lot like The Longshot!

For sure, the Longshot vibes are strong and I'm loving it. Feels like a side project song but they've finally decided to just be Green Day. Also the lyrics are actually good

The only song that comes as close as bubblegum as this one with this kind of lyrics is poprocks and coke.

Is a pretty song, unusual for what BJ use to write. I like it a lot

• Like 2

I wonder if this is the wonderful song he wrote after Obama won in 08, or some reworked cousin of that song

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Cool song, like it. I just tested positive for Covid so at least there’s this to make my day 🙃

Hope you get better!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Cool song, like it. I just tested positive for Covid so at least there’s this to make my day 🙃

Get well soon!

• Like 2

Feels a lot like The Longshot, and actually sounds like Billie has recorded it himself. I don't hear Green Day as a band from this.

Generic lyrics, I mean this was written under ten minutes.

Musical vibes of the Here Comes the Shock snippets don't make me happy at all.

Overall I'm disappointed as I always am. Maybe I should get used to the fact that Billie only wants to release generic shit now. It's the nostalgia that hits, I really want them to go big again.

I LOVE IT!!! Listening on repeat it’s such a bop and gets better with each listen. As bouncy, fun and positive as PopRocks and Coke and it feels fully realized and complete as a song which was my criticism of the FOAM songs. It sounds like Green Day but also has the Longshot/Billie solo vibe. They’re playing to their strengths here. It’s just a feel good song. I hope they play it on the tour that I’m now hella excited for.

• Like 3

I really like it and it definitely gives me love is for losers vibes. I hope they play it this summer

Thats not a bratwurst. But if that has something to do with the insider I started im freaking out. I wanna know!

This song is the antithesis of Insomniac 😂

Upon first listen I think it's alright, they have plenty of songs that are worse and a ton that are far better. Like everyone else here I like it better than here comes the shock

1 minute ago, Kurthical said:

Feels a lot like The Longshot, and actually sounds like Billie has recorded it himself. I don't hear Green Day ad a band from this.

Generic lyrics, I mean this was written under ten minutes.

Musical vibes of the Here Comes the Shock snippets don't make me happy at all.

Overall I'm disappointed as I always am. Maybe I should get used to the fact that Billie only wants to release generic shit now. It's the nostalgia that hits, I really want them to go big again.

I feel like this, like HCTS, is just a one off release, to keep some fans happy while we wait for the next one. There's a reason why these 2 tracks were released not on an album & I think it's because the band knows these tracks aren't album worthy tracks and they probably have better tracks coming on their next album. But this track is fine for what it is. It's better than HCTS

• Like 1

As I was saying in the other thread, this sounds way too good to just be a one-off throwaway single!!! Do you guys think we’ll get a new album announcement soon?

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

As I was saying in the other thread, this sounds way too good to just be a one-off throwaway single!!! Do you guys think we’ll get a new album announcement soon?

Please don't my mate

Just now, GDFan2019 said:

I think it's just single. Not album release. 

• Like 4