"Pollyanna" - NEW SONG

Sanity Loan

Darn you, Pollyanna.

Getting me all pumped for Green Day XIV knowing darn well you were just a non-album loner.

2021 has been a great year for music, and FOAM still has a chance.  Other artists (like Laura Jane Grace)  have picked up promotion for 2020 records, so while unlikely.....more foam singles would be cool.  Foam is still kind of new.  

However.   I'm ready.

A new Green Day record.  

• Like 1

On 6/22/2021 at 4:17 PM, Montclare said:

Moved up one spot on Rock and Alternative Airplay to #45; dropped on Mainstream Rock Airplay to #39.

Are these chart positions good for a GD track? To me it seems like their songs don't chart that much beside the lead singles

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Are these chart positions good for a GD track? To me it seems like their songs don't chart that much beside the lead singles

Seems pretty standard for GD lately. Back in 2005-2012, this would be considered low charting, IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Montclare said:

I consider it low, but it's not connected to any album, so it doesn't surprise me. I do wish they would promote it more. The fact that it charted at all (as opposed to HCTS) shows people connected with it. Billie charted going into the pandemic (ITWAN) and coming out since the songs reflected where we're at at that time. I think this one could have charted higher if they had pushed it more.

This band doesn't do promo anymore lol

3 minutes ago, Montclare said:

Moved up on Rock and Alternative Airplay to #41; moved up on Mainstream Rock Airplay to #32.  Also noticed it's on Canada Rock at #32 (was #35 before).

This is probably a really dumb question, but where do you get these stats?

37 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

This is probably a really dumb question, but where do you get these stats?

Billboard.com

On 6/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, Montclare said:

Billboard.com

Seems like you can't access certain charts without buying a pro subscription?

46 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Seems like you can't access certain charts without buying a pro subscription?

I just get in and out quickly.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

So while GDC was out last week, it fell on both charts (32 to 33 on Mainstream Rock Airplay and 41 to 44 on Rock and Alternative Airplay).  This week it's stayed in the same spot for Mainstream Rock Airplay, has a new peak of 36 for Rock and Alternative Airplay, and has debuted at #40 on the Alternative Airplay chart.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Heard the track on the radio last week. I was surprised!

7 hours ago, Montclare said:

So while GDC was out last week, it fell on both charts (32 to 33 on Mainstream Rock Airplay and 41 to 44 on Rock and Alternative Airplay).  This week it's stayed in the same spot for Mainstream Rock Airplay, has a new peak of 36 for Rock and Alternative Airplay, and has debuted at #40 on the Alternative Airplay chart.

I'm surprised it even charted. I just thought it was a little something for the fans.

• Like 1