Jake Sinclair or Suzy Shinn need to produce the next Green Day album

dudley dawson

They both knocked it out of the park this year with OK Human and Van Weezer. I don’t want another Butch Walker record. If Crush is going to keep things in house, please PLEASE let Jake or Suzy do it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

They both knocked it out of the park this year with OK Human and Van Weezer. I don’t want another Butch Walker record. If Crush is going to keep things in house, please PLEASE let Jake or Suzy do it.

I agree both albums are awesome but a lot of that is down to the band too.  They’ve got a killer songwriting game going right now.

• Like 3

im ok with Butch Walker producing the next album, its just you weirdos that have issues with something different.

• Like 1

Idk another Butch Walker record would be cool too but I'm down for other suitable producers too, which is definitely likelier as all three are pretty much a part of Crush's house talent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

im ok with Butch Walker producing the next album, its just you weirdos that have issues with something different.

As a one off “experiment”, FOAM was ok. But we absolutely do not need another trip down this road. Work with producers that play to your strengths.

39 minutes ago, Cunt said:

One name. Rick Rubin.

No thanks he’s extremely hit or miss

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree both albums are awesome but a lot of that is down to the band too.  They’ve got a killer songwriting game going right now.

Fair point but a good producer should help bring that out too.

6 hours ago, dudley dawson said:

Fair point but a good producer should help bring that out too.

Also fair, but the artist/band/writer also has to be willing to listen to the constructive criticism from said producer…

• Like 1

I've been watching some YouTube videos of Sylvia Massy and I kinda wanna see her produce a green day album, she does come cool stuff that I think Billie would have fun with

I was listening to the Replacements "all shook down" album last week and I'm really glad that Scott Litt didn't end up producing Warning lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Eric said:

So edgy! I love it!

7 hours ago, Cunt said:

One name. Rick Rubin.

Yeah it would be cool for Rick to get involved, it really depends on what the band want to do though. If they want to try and put out another decent album then it would make sense for Rick or another experienced producer to help them out, he did a great job with The Strokes and helped them win a grammy. Get the impression that it'll be another "party" record tho so doubt someone like Rubin would be interested.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

On that note, I think Butch W is too much of a fanboy who loves everything they do and may not be brutally honest with them. Rob and to a greater extent Butch Vig really pushed them (in addition to Billie pushing himself which for reasons I don’t think he’s done as much more recently)

We also need Chris Lord-Alge to mix this record, Father of all sounded like dog shit in the headphones

• Like 2

Idk what y'all found so great about OK Human. I listened to it once and was bored. I haven't heard Van Weezer yet though but that might be more up my alley

21st Century Breakdown is their best album imo. Butch Vig did a fantastic job. If they return to him, I'll be happy with that

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Weezer crushed FOAM in the last year with Ok Human and Van Weezer.
I really want them to be the 2nd headliners right before Green Day. 
And The Interrupters right before Weezer.
And FOB doing a 30min set right before The Interrupters.

So much of this. Maybe FOB can drop off the bill altogether but I’d definitely take a change in the lineup. After this year’s releases (and I don’t think FOB have released anything) they deserve second billing.

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk what y'all found so great about OK Human. I listened to it once and was bored. I haven't heard Van Weezer yet though but that might be more up my alley

21st Century Breakdown is their best album imo. Butch Vig did a fantastic job. If they return to him, I'll be happy with that

Even if it didn’t click for you musically, it’s BEAUTIFULLY produced.

• Like 2

Between Warning, Revrad and the new Network stuff I think Green Day should produce the next Green Day album

• Like 3

Just curious: Does anyone know who produced Here Comes The Shock? It's a very different sound than FOAM, a return to a more old-school punk sound. If they continue with that sound and bring back some more sophisticated writing, I think the result will be brilliant. (Much of the writing on FOAM is very good, but for me those deep messages got lost behind some of the poppier production. Having said that, I do respect and appreciate their desire to always grow and try new things, and I expect them to keep doing that.)

4 minutes ago, BillieMyLove said:

Just curious: Does anyone know who produced Here Comes The Shock? It's a very different sound than FOAM, a return to a more old-school punk sound. If they continue with that sound and bring back some more sophisticated writing, I think the result will be brilliant. (Much of the writing on FOAM is very good, but for me those deep messages got lost behind some of the poppier production. Having said that, I do respect and appreciate their desire to always grow and try new things, and I expect them to keep doing that.)

That would be our friend Butch Walker.

mmmmm.....

Maybe.  

She knocked in out of the park with Weezer.  She even did some vocals, guitar and synth with them on Van Weezer and really did a great job with the sound.  But I feel like she's always working on the lighter, fluffier side of things.   Can she get down and dirty with Green Day?   

Rick Rubin and Tom Lord-Alge.    

• Like 1