New Podcast Interview With Jason White

Beerjeezus

1 hour ago, Gwen Stacy said:

The Billie/Jason one is my favorite too but I like that we get both versions. I think it’s fun to hear how the changes between versions affect how different the final product sounds and feels.

VERY fun interview. I knew they recorded all their shows. Glad the host brought up doing something like the Fugazi live series, I’ve always wanted something like that for GD

Yeah kills me to think how many professionally recorded full shows they have in their archives.  

• Like 4

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah kills me to think how many professionally recorded full shows they have in their archives.  

I know right. Not only did we see the London FBHT show getting professionally recorded (never to see a second of it), but when I went to see Prima Donna a year later Kevin told me they'd all watched it :cry:

Interview was great! Love Jason

• Like 3

On 4/8/2021 at 2:36 AM, Hermione said:

The "official" thing was always a bit annoying. During the Uno Dos Tre era people started saying he was "announced as an official member" etc but that never happened, all that happened was he played on the albums and got credited for it and was in some photoshoots and interviews. As far as I'm aware no one in the band ever used the phrase "official member" or made a big thing of it, it was much more low key than that. He's in the band either way (whether just as a live member or also contributing to albums/appearing in some interviews) and it seems more like he's just been involved more or less based on what worked for him and them at the time, rather than it being a "you're an official member now"/"you're not an official member now" thing. 

Billie did refer to putting Jason in as the 4th in the Guitar World issue 

• Like 3

Yes, and he has also said that the big three are in Green Day, but as Jason said in the podcast, Green Day is Billie, Mike and Tre and always will be, everyone knows it.

28 minutes ago, jengd said:

Yes, and he has also said that the big three are in Green Day, but as Jason said in the podcast, Green Day is Billie, Mike and Tre and always will be, everyone knows it.

Oh I know 

• Like 1

That was a really interesting and fun interview, thanks for sharing! 

Jason said that they started recording their shows, hopefully someday we can see some pro-shot footage of the RevRad Tour!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Flashback said:

That was a really interesting and fun interview, thanks for sharing! 

Jason said that they started recording their shows, hopefully someday we can see some pro-shot footage of the RevRad Tour!

That would be nice! They've been recording everything since at least 21st CB though. The amount of great footage they're sitting on is crazy.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

That would be nice! They've been recording everything since at least 21st CB though. The amount of great footage they're sitting on is crazy.

Oh yes! And they recorded some of their rehearsals as well according to Jason. These recordings would be very interesting as well!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Flashback said:

Oh yes! And they recorded some of their rehearsals as well according to Jason. These recordings would be very interesting as well!

Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers record every show (since '86 for Metallica and '02 or '03 for RHCP) and they put them up for purchase on their sites (both digital and CD in Metallica's case, idk about RHCP). I know for a fact that Metallica gives you a free mp3 download of your shows (though I paid a few extra bucks to upgrade it to FLAC).

Metallica used to post a song or two from their shows, with 10 or so minutes of footage of them arriving, doing meet-and-greets, fucking around, and rehearsing on YouTube.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Star-LordAndTheAve said:

Metallica and Red Hot Chili Peppers record every show (since '86 for Metallica and '02 or '03 for RHCP) and they put them up for purchase on their sites (both digital and CD in Metallica's case, idk about RHCP). I know for a fact that Metallica gives you a free mp3 download of your shows (though I paid a few extra bucks to upgrade it to FLAC).

Metallica used to post a song or two from their shows, with 10 or so minutes of footage of them arriving, doing meet-and-greets, fucking around, and rehearsing on YouTube.

That would be amazing if Green Day did that!

• Like 3

This was so good! Really enjoyed listening to it especially his history with so many bands. It’s making me want to pull out my influents CDs

• Like 1
  • Love 1