New Podcast Interview With Jason White

Beerjeezus

Yep, what @pacejunkie punk said, a good listen with Jason ans Kamala Parks is about to be a guest too, talking about booking shows, MMRR and Lookout etc, could be interesting. 

• Like 1

I merged the posts about this from Random Green Day News with this thread (the posts from there are first because it was posted there first)

Jason rules, looking forward to giving it a listen

• Like 1

While you’re there, check out his interview with Corbett Redford too all about the EBP documentary, it’s great too. 

Ah great.

Jason always seems like a great dude. 

I remember only hearing a few influents tracks but remember really liking what i did hear.

What are amongst his better “solo” tracks or non GD stuff that he has been part of ?

Thanks for sharing....

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

Ah great.

Jason always seems like a great dude. 

I remember only hearing a few influents tracks but remember really liking what i did hear.

What are amongst his better “solo” tracks or non GD stuff that he has been part of ?

Thanks for sharing....

I'm not an expert on his stuff but he's in Pinhead Gunpowder and that's all awesome. I particularly like these two songs which he wrote and sang lead on:

Maybe you already know this and mean other stuff not involving Billie though haha. From what I remember both Influents albums were good

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bakabanas said:

But but but... he was an official member during the Trilogy era!

Must be proud to have been an official Green Day member during the worst Green Day era 😂

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Must be proud to have been an official Green Day member during the worst Green Day era 😂

"He's right about having the best of everything by not being an official member of the band." 

Maybe he felt that way because he was a member in the worst era?

Or maybe I am again talking complete shit? 

We will never know the answer. Only @That Dude knows. He knows a lot of stuff. Even that I am drunk now again.

• Like 1

I can never help thinking the reason they took him in in the trilogy era was because at that point it seemed Billie wasn't to be messed with and there's some source (the Mark Spitz book, I think) that claims Billie wanted Jason to join the band way back when he became a touring member and the rest of the guys disagreed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I can never help thinking the reason they took him in in the trilogy era was because at that point it seemed Billie wasn't to be messed with and there's some source (the Mark Spitz book, I think) that claims Billie wanted Jason to join the band way back when he became a touring member and the rest of the guys disagreed.

This is a very interesting fact I didn't know about. But it makes a lot of sense, and sounds very bad-ass. Billie was so drunk that he wrote some brave lyrics, and insisted on including Jason into the band. It really doesn't really matters, because I KNOW that he is a cool guy either way, but still :D 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

That could have been part of it but I tend to go with the simplest explanation which is consistent with what Jason said and what they expressed in Cuatro! and that was that they wanted the songs to have a live in studio feel and so they wanted to have bigger guitar sounds and two guitarists.  If you contribute ideas in the studio and are not just a session player you deserve to be considered a full member. Of course they could have used Jason on the record and not made him a member, that part could have been Billie just thinking Jason had put the time in and deserved it by then. I’m wondering if Jason ever officially decided not to continue in the capacity after that tour or if it just quietly went back to a threesome when they got together to record RevRad. 

• Like 2

There was an interview at some point or, maybe one of the books, I don't remember where it said that Jason didn't want to be a full member and once off tour he'd sit with his cats with the curtains closed. I just always assumed he was a very private person who didn't want the attention of being a full band member 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That could have been part of it but I tend to go with the simplest explanation which is consistent with what Jason said and what they expressed in Cuatro! and that was that they wanted the songs to have a live in studio feel and so they wanted to have bigger guitar sounds and two guitarists.  If you contribute ideas in the studio and are not just a session player you deserve to be considered a full member. Of course they could have used Jason on the record and not made him a member, that part could have been Billie just thinking Jason had put the time in and deserved it by then. I’m wondering if Jason ever officially decided not to continue in the capacity after that tour or if it just quietly went back to a threesome when they got together to record RevRad. 

I mean, I wasn't totally serious with that theory, it's just something that crosses my mind. :lol: I agree it made sense to include Jason in the band when he contributed a half of the guitar tracks. He was always somewhere in the middle as he got to record with the band, but didn't take part in most of the promotional activities.

I think we’ll probably never know but the odd times you see Jason in interviews or appearances, e.g Little Steven, he looks really uncomfortable.  Whatever the ins and outs are, they all seem ok with it so that’s what’s important to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

I'm not an expert on his stuff but he's in Pinhead Gunpowder and that's all awesome. I particularly like these two songs which he wrote and sang lead on:

Maybe you already know this and mean other stuff not involving Billie though haha. From what I remember both Influents albums were good

Second Street is easily one of my favorite PG songs.  It was stuck in my head yesterday.

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

It was in Cometbus 54.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Montclare said:

It was in Cometbus 54.

Thank you! I couldn’t quite place where I remembered it from.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bakabanas said:

"He's right about having the best of everything by not being an official member of the band." 

Maybe he felt that way because he was a member in the worst era?

Or maybe I am again talking complete shit? 

We will never know the answer. Only @That Dude knows. He knows a lot of stuff. Even that I am drunk now again.

That Dude is having some drinks right now and rocking out to some tunes.   Maybe I should go listen to Jason though.   

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

once off tour he'd sit with his cats with the curtains closed.

My kinda thing! Maybe I've been lusting after the wrong member of Green Day all these years. :lol:

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Hermione said:

And On The Ave duet with Billie Joe, awesome!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, jengd said:

And On The Ave duet with Billie Joe, awesome!

That’s my favorite version, should have been the only one

• Like 2