Billie Joe Armstrong Recalls How Feminist Punks Spitboy Changed Hardcore

GreenDayItaly

Thanks, I really enjoy his entries about these unknown bands :) 

15 minutes ago, PursuitOfEpicness said:

these unknown bands :) 

...I’ll just pretend I didn’t read that :P 

Spitboy are really great. Jason White also dated Michelle back in the 90’s. I can see why they wouldn’t appeal to the average Green Day fan, but if you like punk, they’re worth checking out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is cool (but also ironic considering he wrote it just weeks before Lydia’s statement involving his son. Yikes 😬)

Was just listening to the new podcast with Jason and he talked a lot about Todd and how he lived at her punk house when he first moved to the East Bay. Then they dated. Michelle (Todd) has turned up again more recently occasionally singing with The Coverups providing the backing vocals for Should I Stay or Should I Go. 

11 hours ago, Todd said:

...I’ll just pretend I didn’t read that :P 

Spitboy are really great. Jason White also dated Michelle back in the 90’s. I can see why they wouldn’t appeal to the average Green Day fan, but if you like punk, they’re worth checking out. 

Sorry.. unknown to me 😅

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

hello all!! Copies of the Spitboy LP arrived at DGR HQ today and I shipped em all out, so if anybody preordered they can expect it in the next couple weeks.

I had never heard of this band either, but I loved this article and Billie's comments. Listened to the song in the article and was very impressed. Will probably go listen to more of their work.