Billie Joe on audible’s Words + Music series April 22

pacejunkie punk

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Audible just confirmed to me that they are not releasing this in the UK!  Thanks @Beyza for your upload.  Is anyone able to add to the download section here please, please, please!?

Yes, I got the messege saying "this item is not available for sale in your country/region." Changing the card's address details into the US worked well as I said, so it's actually accessible for everyone in that way too. 

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Since it covers history to the present I assume this is it

Oh okay thanks! But definitely better than these short interviews!

• Like 1

Just heard about this now! So cool!

Also thanks for sharing on youtube but is it not accessible outside the US? I was thinking of creating a free trial account on audible for this.

6 hours ago, Beyza said:

You just need to edit your credit/debit card details on Audible, just change your address/zipcode/phone into an usa one. (you can find pre generated ones online) And then you can get it with the free trial. Just using VPN doesn’t work but still you can use a private browser or vpn while downloading it. There are also desktop tools to download the Audible files and convert to mp3, you can easily find them online. 

Oh I'll try that. Thanks!!

• Like 1

thanks for the shares! i woke up today kinda bummed out and this dialed back version of rev rad is a nice surprise.

This version of Wake Me Up When September Ends is beautiful. And it sounds like an indie song hipster kids listened to when I was in school but in a cool way.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

This version of Wake Me Up When September Ends is beautiful. And it sounds like an indie song hipster kids listened to when I was in school but in a cool way.

To me the vocal sounds even sadder. I think it’s the saddest and beautiful version I’ve ever heard

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I was also going to say how much I love this version of WMUWSE.  I wish there had been an extra 30 mins to talk about RevRad to present day though.  Would have loved to have heard about the side projects as well.  But glad we got this!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Gosh, I loved this! I love hearing people's stories, and Billie is one of my favorite people to hear telling his story.  There were things that I didn't know yet, especially from his younger years. I'm not fully satisfied though, I wish this was an entire series about him. When he talks about the records, he just passes by each one (and misses Warning, Revolution Radio and FOAM). I'm still hoping someday he'll write an autobiography.

The acoustic versions are also great. I loved the little changes he did in certain songs like Good Riddace, WMUWSE and KYE.

Speaking of Wake me Up, does anyone better at music than me knows if he play a 12-string guitar? It seems to me.

• Like 3

I love this, the songs are so great, so different.  I guess I am among many who have heard GR so often but this full band, slight faster version made it quite different.  Need to listen again!

I thought he was so honest and open, especially about Iheart and I now think I understand his recent attitude towards to, he has to embrace it regardless as without that collapse, he would have died! 😭

• Like 3

Thanks a TON for the download!!! 😄 I want to listen already, but I have to wait til tonight.

1 hour ago, Americanidiotsareidiots said:

This is super good so far, wonder if anyone knows what the lyric changes in "Basket Case" are?

I'm wondering the same. And the 12-string guitar bit.