Billie Joe on audible’s Words + Music series April 22

pacejunkie punk

17 minutes ago, Beyza said:

Hey everyone, it took very long but finally uploaded to audio file to youtube just to make it accesible for more people (hopefully if it will stay for an enough time)

Btw, it’s also really easy to access freely from Audible, if you are from outside the us or whatever. I can also tell that if you’re interested. 

Thank you so much for sharing 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Beyza said:

Hey everyone, it took very long but finally uploaded to audio file to youtube just to make it accesible for more people (hopefully if it will stay for an enough time)

Btw, it’s also really easy to access freely from Audible, if you are from outside the us or whatever. I can also tell that if you’re interested. 

Yes please

19 minutes ago, Lacky said:

Yes please

You just need to edit your credit/debit card details on Audible, just change your address/zipcode/phone into an usa one. (you can find pre generated ones online) And then you can get it with the free trial. Just using VPN doesn’t work but still you can use a private browser or vpn while downloading it. There are also desktop tools to download the Audible files and convert to mp3, you can easily find them online. 

EDIT: Btw, it took me such a long time to figure out that lmao and tried so many weird methods till deciding to try that one myself this morning and realized how easy actually it was lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

thanks a lot for this

• Like 1

Woah, those acoustic tracks are great. Digging the remixed lyrics on Basket Case aha - I'd love a little EP release of all these - they're so well mixed.

• Like 3

OMG guys. I loved it!!! So much emotional! I could spend hours listening Billie Joe talking. And what about those acoustic arrangements? Simply perfection! 

1 minute ago, Freezing Melons said:

Woah, those acoustic tracks are great. Digging the remixed lyrics on Basket Case aha - I'd love a little EP release of all these - they're so well mixed.

Yeah! I'd love an EP too. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Can anyone upload the full audible?🙏 I can't listen to it on audible without buying a subscription. I thought you could just buy it one audible but its saying you need a subscription😬

40 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t know where to begin with this but let’s start with the music. All new acoustic arrangements of these songs! They sound like a full band but the credits at the end are only Billie did he do all of this himself?  These are incredible!  The full band version of Good Riddance I could actually imagine on Dookie. Basket Case has slightly different (original?) lyrics. Graffitia was so good acoustic I think it would make a great encore to the set on tour. I didn’t think they’d play it but maybe this version might convince them. 

Some of these sound so different they’re almost like covers by another band. If you had told me this was a cover band doing Green Day I’d believe you the vocals sound very different almost not like him. Really polished sounding though I want these released on Spotify as an album.

My only regret is not a single Trilogy song again 😭 He talked about what a hard time he has listening to 21CB because it was such a stressful time but still played KYE. Just one Trilogy song? Damn. They skipped over Warning too but that feels like less of an oversight because the album is already acoustic. 

This could easily have been three hours there was so much more he could have talked about but if that sounds like a complaint it’s only because the time flew and it was so damn good.

❤️❤️❤️

I loved them too😁 just heard em on YT

3 hours ago, Beyza said:

Please, would you mind sending me the audio file? I was trying to download audio from the youtube upload, but it keeps crashing for some reason. 

Audible just confirmed to me that they are not releasing this in the UK!  Thanks @Beyza for your upload.  Is anyone able to add to the download section here please, please, please!?

Hearing I'm talking about the iHeart Radio incident bring back so many bad memories.

• Sad 3

So I just finished listening to this, and it was amazing. @Beyza is a hero for getting this on YouTube. I never imagined that Basket Case and American Idiot could sound so good acoustic. I also love how he sped up Good Riddance. But beyond all of that, there was so much of this that deeply resonated with my own life and I think I need to take some time to process this before I say anything more. Damn near life changing in the best way.

That's cool! I feel like I learned a lot! Sounds like making 21CB was so grueling, and then to follow it up with a trilogy....!!!? 🤢I woulda blacked out too!

I especially love this take on Good Riddance.💓

Wowza!

Billies a sweet soul who wears his heart on his sleeve.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Is this the whole audio book or just the first part of it? Hoped it would be longer than 90 minutes 😅

Since it covers history to the present I assume this is it