Instagram Fanpages are being taken down

Alf

2 minutes ago, Alf said:

that's the thing, we were just taken down, no reason has been given

Yeah same with us, got taken down with absolutely no reason 😣

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Surely the owners of the fan-pages must have been given some reason as to why they have been taken down ?

Is Instagram the only platform affected ? 

Also very good of @foxborohottub to jump in here and reassure fans.

He didnt have to do that but thank you all the same. 

GDA's was for "impersonating someone else" even though I tried to prove we were just a website and not claiming otherwise anywhere. 

Seems almost every page that's being taking down is blatantly obvious that it's not official and just a website or a community for fans. Must be an algorithm.

1 hour ago, Beyza said:

I cannot access my fan page since this morning like others. It's @greendayjournal 

I can see your account but posts are gone, every time I look I am following fewer accounts!

16 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

Surely the owners of the fan-pages must have been given some reason as to why they have been taken down ?

I just first got the message saying “my account was disabled” and then I just completed a short recaptcha test. Then just got the message saying “We'll review your info and if we can confirm it, you'll be able to request a review in the Help Center within approximately 24 hours.“ 

1 minute ago, Beyza said:

I just first got the message saying “my account was disabled” and then I just completed a short recaptcha test. Then just got the message saying “We'll review your info and if we can confirm it, you'll be able to request a review in the Help Center within approximately 24 hours.“ 

Same for us 😢

7 minutes ago, jengd said:

I can see your account but posts are gone, every time I look I am following fewer accounts!

I think if I follow your account, there is still a chance for seeing my username and profile pic (not posts) but the account cannot be find by searching right now  

There was some uproar about Instagram deleting fan accounts a few weeks ago and from what I read then the real reason they were being taken down was that the fan accounts are almost entirely filled with copyrighted images. The removal reason was impersonation but it seems that the copyright issues are what they are really worried about. Not sure if it applies to what is happening here but it sounds like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alf said:

Bill, the ones I've been in touch are:

@greendaybrasiloficial @gda @gdmiarg @greenday_ita @greendaylatam @greendayinc @greenday_esp @greendaymx

Can you please edit your comment with an updated list? :) You can add: @greendayitalianrageandlove  @greendayjournal  @greendaychile  @greendayvideo
And I guess @greenday_esp is not affected because it’s still active right now.
Thank you :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cav9mm said:

We (greenday_ita) didn’t recieved any reason at first, today they said us with an email we were pretending to be Green Day. 
Well. No. In the bio we clearly say “FAN PAGE” ahah 

• Like 2

Probably all the copyrighted content they post or IG bots going insane, thinking they're trying to impersonate.

hopefully just a fuckup

damn, they even got @GDA : a rare & expensive name

Thanks for the explanation on the pics @Fuzz. It was one of the main places I went to find pics since it was organized. Sucks that one person ruins it for thousands. Like someone else said, most people would be okay with just giving credit or deleting a pic.

My girlfriend told me, fanpages that don't link the referenced artist get taken down at the moment. She has one foot in a K-Pop fandom, where this is happening as well. 

Spoiler

is "one foot in X" even a saying in English? I hope you understand my german-english gibberish. 

3 minutes ago, SumDay said:

My girlfriend told me, fanpages that don't link the referenced artist get taken down at the moment. She has one foot in a K-Pop fandom, where this is happening as well. 

Hide contents

is "one foot in X" even a saying in English? I hope you understand my german-english gibberish. 

If that’s all they want I wish IG would just tell people to add the link. They’d be happy to. Instead it’s like the IRS refusing to tell you what you owe them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SumDay said:

Hide contents

Green Day Brasil already have @GreenDay user linked in description. 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, legendary said:

Green Day Brasil already have @GreenDay user linked in description. 

Well there goes that theory 😤

• Like 2

And we mention every time we can where we pick photos/videos from (like photographers’ names, and we usually tag the accounts, or we prefere to use Greg’s pics, and still mention him every time... We try to respect all the creators 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Minority103 said:

And we mention every time we can where we pick photos/videos from (like photographers’ names, and we usually tag the accounts, or we prendere to use Greg’s pics, and still mention him every time... We try to respect all the creators 

That's great and keep doing that. Not all accounts do this though. 

A lot of accounts don't give credit though. They just take anything they want, get really shitty when you ask them to credit/delete and sometimes block

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAS0N said:

There was some uproar about Instagram deleting fan accounts a few weeks ago and from what I read then the real reason they were being taken down was that the fan accounts are almost entirely filled with copyrighted images. The removal reason was impersonation but it seems that the copyright issues are what they are really worried about. Not sure if it applies to what is happening here but it sounds like it. 

Oh no they got your page too! :( 

• Sad 2

You remove every IG account with a celebrity/musician photo on it and there will be no accounts left but selfies and pictures of people’s pets and food and IG would collapse.  I only use it for Green Day fan stuff.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Todd said:

Oh no they got your page too! :( 

Yeah, didn't use it much anyway but feel bad for the dedicated accounts that built huge followings. I'll connect back with ya on my personal account.

• Like 3