Instagram Fanpages are being taken down

Alf

I’m afraid this is going to blow back hard against the band. Why disrupt the fan community to this extent? Unless they’re planning on bringing back their own fan forum but even still to attempt to control the flow of information this way is borderline fascist

• Like 4

Really, are people sure or is this just rumour and conjecture?  It makes no sense to me, surely they understand these things keep us interested when the band themselves is quiet, unless as @pacejunkie punk said they are planning launching something themselves, which frankly would surprise me as they’ve never had great success with fan groups of their own.  Is this Crush again!? 

when is this due to happen, who’s telling the groups this?

Are the filtering/ deleting comments on insta? I saw no positive comments at all and now there are only 800 comments on the song video post and they are mostly positive 

GDA, GD Brasil and GD Italy fangroups on IG are all gone. Not sure who else but those are three of the biggest fan communities online.  I know if you report an account for being an infringement or imposter, you have to be the person being infringed upon. So who else has the ability to do this?

2 minutes ago, jengd said:

Are they leaving their FB pages?

No they are still there

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

GDA, GD Brasil and GD Italy fangroups on IG are all gone. Not sure who else but those are three of the biggest fan communities online.  I know if you report an account for being an infringement or imposter, you have to be the person being infringed upon. So who else has the ability to do this?

Most of latin pages are gone

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

We are form Green Day made Argentina, and they also temporarily closed our account. But it is not only with large communities. It is with many accounts linked to green day. Maybe it's due to copyright, it's very rare that this happens one day after the release of the new single.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Alf said:

Most of latin pages are gone

This is some bullshit. South Americans and Italians are their biggest international fangroups. What the hell are they thinking?  I guess they really don’t want to see any more “BiLlIeeeee! CoMe tO ArGeNtINa!!!!” posts

1 minute ago, gdmadeinargentina said:

We are form Green Day made Argentina, and they also temporarily closed our account. But it is not only with large communities. It is with many accounts linked to green day. Maybe it's due to copyright, it's very rare that this happens one day after the release of the new single.

I sincerely hope this is a mistake. There are a million fan accounts on IG they’ll never get them all, they’re just pissing off their fans.  

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Billie not being in instagram doesn't mean he hates his fans. Whether musicians choose to be on social media or not has nothing to do with loving or hating their fans. Fans thinking they're owed social media interaction is very entitled, until a few years ago that wasn't even a thing.

Do you really think there's a high chance Billie Mike and Tre are personally behind this? It'll be their management or could even be Instagram itself. Maybe wait to find out more before condemning them. 

Thank you.

Instagram and Facebook (they are both owned by Facebook) have been doing some very odd things to accounts lately. 

• Like 1

Is this solely impacting Instagram pages, or is it also the reason GDA's webpage has been screwed up lately?  Pictures are all gone, do we have to worry about losing magazine scans as well?

What's the reasoning for the accounts being taken down? The account holder should be giving a reason in a message. No one has posted the reasoning that instagram is giving in this thread. It's all just pure speculation.

This is so strange, and a little alarming.  I have an insta just for following Greenday, Lognshot, Coverups, Tubbies, PG, etc.  I don't post anything, I just follow the fan groups.  So many are missing today, I can't even begin to figure out which ones.  It is super sus being the day after the release of the song/video, and the comments seemed to be overwhelmingly negative, from what I saw.  Personally for me, the song seems to fit it's purpose for being played during NHL games, etc.  Its meant to be background noise and raucous chorus, so I don't really get the level of negativity that I've seen and heard, but now the fan pages being taken down, WTF?  Who is doing this and at the end of the day, it is only going to hurt the band in the long run.  Super self destructive, IMO.  

• Like 4